Author Topic: Combat Maneuvering  (Read 2348 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: Combat Maneuvering
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:44 PM »
This is a good thread.  I was sitting here reading the posts since mine and I started laughing - my wife's on the couch watching tv and looks over at me and says what are you laughing at - she's nosy  :D
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2010, 10:47:23 PM »
Ok, who is gonna call the museum and point them to this thread?

I would love to see what the people running that program think about one of their cadets passing off published work as their own.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2010, 11:08:22 PM »
Oh my.   :confused:
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2010, 11:59:40 PM »
Gentlemen, this is why we love summer!  :aok
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2010, 12:59:23 AM »
I will give the kid some credit.

The CAF Academy is real and looks pretty cool if you have a kid and are anywhere near Midland Texas

http://204.232.169.226/?page=cms/index&cms_page=105

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »
My wife needed a laugh- she enjoyed this thread.
I found it disturbing. Disturbing not only in the willful breach of basic principles but in the stunning incompetence of this attempt at utterly shameless self-aggrandizement.
Disturbing in the spelling and grammar which point to the disaster that is the U.S. education system. Disturbing in the display of apparent life priorities. Disturbing in that this kid has parents that didn't teach personal integrity and responsibility. Yes, the younger generation spells trouble for the future but it merely sheds light on a grave failure of our generation. Shame on us.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:08:40 PM by Letalis »
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2010, 12:14:39 PM »
I guess none have ever heard of a "Tall Tale" before............ hmm...........

everyone in the history of the world has done things that others would find to be funny, or disturbing, or well you get the point.....

the only difference is now everything is instant , back when older folks did things, even things as in this thread.... not as much attention was drawn to it for we did not have the internet and the "internet groupies" that jump on every single thread to just add to the digit count 001011110011010000011........ heh.....

people from kids to elderly people all make mistakes... the idea is to learn from them......

your apology is well accepted lilsquid dude.........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
the only difference is now everything is instant , back when older folks did things, even things as in this thread.... not as much attention was drawn to it for we did not have the internet and the "internet groupies" that jump on every single thread to just add to the digit count 001011110011010000011........ heh.....

Internet does not make people lie, and "internet groupies" do not force people to post their lies on the internet either, and
lie is no less wrong just because somebody back then got away with it.

people from kids to elderly people all make mistakes... the idea is to learn from them......

There are lies and consequences. Lesson learned depend on consequence. Pat on the back is rather encouragement for more lies.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2010, 02:05:24 PM »
. Yes, the younger generation spells trouble for the future but it merely sheds light on a grave failure of our generation. Shame on us.

Ouch!  Never though about it being "my" failure, it's always been "their" failure.  "My" representing all of humanity.  Good point.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »
Internet does not make people lie, and "internet groupies" do not force people to post their lies on the internet either, and
lie is no less wrong just because somebody back then got away with it.

There are lies and consequences. Lesson learned depend on consequence. Pat on the back is rather encouragement for more lies.

the youngster apologized 2big, with that is he not admitting to his lie he tryed getting by with?

did I say anything regarding Lies , anyways?

why is it everytime someone makes a post on these boards, others have to find some way of contourting them in to something else that fits their own "agenda".....

the kid publicly apologized, he knows what he did was wrong

having several kids of my own, and 10's of nieces and nephews, it is very easy to understand how making such a claim comes so easy to kids, until they are taught the ramifications of such claims...... and why one should not do it.

once a child is taught the right & wrong, then they most times will not do such things again.......

.....oh but internet groupies get off on crap like this thread though......... to throw out their .02 worth at every hit of the reply key.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »
the youngster apologized 2big, with that is he not admitting to his lie he tryed getting by with?

did I say anything regarding Lies , anyways?

why is it everytime someone makes a post on these boards, others have to find some way of contourting them in to something else that fits their own "agenda".....

the kid publicly apologized, he knows what he did was wrong

having several kids of my own, and 10's of nieces and nephews, it is very easy to understand how making such a claim comes so easy to kids, until they are taught the ramifications of such claims...... and why one should not do it.

once a child is taught the right & wrong, then they most times will not do such things again.......

.....oh but internet groupies get off on crap like this thread though......... to throw out their .02 worth at every hit of the reply key.....

Well said TC

Online Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
TC brings up a great point.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2010, 04:31:01 PM »
TC brings up a great point.

That's a friggen awesome avatar...
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2010, 04:34:56 PM »
TC's got the right of it.  In general though, it's staggering to me that people will claim stuff they got from the internet.

For anyone thinking of doing it in the future, though I can't impart to people that would try to do it why they shouldn't, remember this-  Other people can use Google the same as you can, maybe even better.

:noid

Wiley.

PS- Yes, Kermit.  That is indeed an awesome avatar.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »

It's called discussion and the definition of discussion isn't "I agree with you about everything". Does that bother you?