Author Topic: Its time for another toolshedding thread....  (Read 8648 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Its time for another toolshedding thread....
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 10:52:46 AM »
everyone in our country was loving the furball because of how much we were owning them. (i killed about 8-10 seafires and F6Fs in an A20 and people were laughing about it :D

....I can fly circles around you when Im in a B24 and your in a zeak.

Egos run absolutely amok.

As far as your ability's compared to me WHO CARES I don't care If your skills are better or worse than mine.

There are some people that care a lot about it, and never hesitate to remind everyone how much better they are.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 11:12:43 AM »
sounds like another no ones playing how i want thread
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 11:15:02 AM »
Egos run absolutely amok.

There are some people that care a lot about it, and never hesitate to remind everyone how much better they are.
i seriously don't have an ego :lol i just post these things in for examples caldera :) but believe what you must because those A20 runs were easier than killing a noob GVer (hence me saying everyone was owning the enemy)
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
but believe what you must because those A20 runs were easier than killing a noob GVer (hence me saying everyone was owning the enemy)
As Larry said in another thread A20 is easy mode. Against in coming CV aircraft if you can keep them lower & slower the A20 is an excellent base defender in that circumstance.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 11:33:07 AM »
As Larry said in another thread A20 is easy mode. Against in coming CV aircraft if you can keep them lower & slower the A20 is an excellent base defender in that circumstance.
always has been :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 11:41:26 AM »
A :cry thread.  How original.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »
Junky makes some logical points about the inefficiencies of breaking a walnut with a 50 lb hammer..  However, he fails, by making the assumption that the enemy plays the game using any logic at all.  Truth of the matter is, most win the war guys are just flying somewhere to blow stuff up with their comrades.  If they get there in bombers and the town is close to down, and there are big juicy hangars up...then they are going to take em out, with lack of better option.  Anytime you destroy an enemy target you are helping your country out, right?  Well, that's the general line of thought of most players anyways, and you can't blame them, it makes perfect sense from a win the war standpoint.

Let them completely flatten and horde bases.  Nobody who takes part in those types of sorties is going to find much, if anything at all to shoot at.   Just a bunch of clumsy, starving hyenas fighting over an emaciated wildebeest or two.  And to that end, they will find no enjoyment from the game.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 11:49:39 AM »

Almost any aircraft in the game can shine in said circumstance.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »
dam toolshedders!! 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »
Its all part of the game. I hate it when hangers are down, it sucks. But, that's what buffs do, fighters are there to kill buffs. The circle of life :) kill more buffs!!!
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »
  The majority of the time it goes like this.

Player A....."Ive got bomb what do you guys need them dropped on?"  Player x  " Nothing i dont think were taking this base."

Player d  "Please drop the VH  and then hit those flaks"....    Player A "VH is already down" ....Next thing you know the fighter hangers are the next to go.

Players just want to bomb  stuff  so they bomb stuff  .... Were the action is .Its more in the tradition of the humand experience to go were the other guys are at and participate the best way you can....

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 01:07:16 PM »

In general, FHs NEVER NEED to be dropped if you want to take a base. I think the problem with this is the Buff guys dont think they have a way to help the win the war ground other then this. All I keep telling them is that the town is a better target, it NEEDs to go down. Something which I like about this gaming community is that it polices itself up, alot of people CMs, trainers, certain sticks, and skiners give up their free time to help make you have a good time. I use the 2 second rule.......I think for 2 seconds on whether or not my actions are going to negatively effect myself or others (Real Life stuff). In here take a quick second to look around the map and see if the FHs actually HAVE to go down, make sure everything else VH, ords, dar and town are down first....then you can hit FH because if it gets to that point and the enemy still has alot of planes up....they are just lazy.

Discuss.

I'm really not sure but it sounds like Junky is making the point that by eliminating the FH when there are so many other targets available to hit also eliminates the air fight.  You can still have an air fight and take the base.  By keeping the FH up, most of the pilots will continue to have fun and the bombers got some high value targets eliminated and the GVers get to run amok.  If you read more into than this, you are wasting brainpan energy or making it personal.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
by keeping the fh up,most of them will stay over town hunting goons and m3's...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:20 PM »
Poor choice to start it in the first place. :rolleyes:

But where is the drama in that?  It's all about the drama....

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song