Author Topic: MA Missions  (Read 1370 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: MA Missions
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 04:24:19 PM »
.....   If you play for "score", you'll only hurt your Rank.   
I was rewarded handsomely for unloading my .45 into the whirbel drivers head after bailing out of my wingless B5N  :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »
I was rewarded handsomely for unloading my .45 into the whirbel drivers head after bailing out of my wingless B5N  :devil

:rofl  Nice.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 05:40:10 PM »
Ok I have tried every angle on the torpedeos on a town that I can think of high straight down, deck and in between, they will not explode for me so does anyone have a film of this actually working now, I know it used to but I really though Hitech stopped it from working unless it was on the water.
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 05:58:28 PM »
Reason i won't join, no particular order:

1. Mix of Allied & Axis plane set.
2. Already 15 people in. (If the plane is some odd ball like FM2, SBD or TBM then i might)
3. Mission tactically makes no sense.
4. Mission plane set makes no sense.
5. When I am online I'm usually flying with squad mates.

Will fly in no order:

1. If it is a CV based mission.
2. Has a good plane set
3. Mission makes tactical sense.

Most the time if i see a mission is upping I will see what their target is and head straight to the closet enemy base to intercept anything taking off or kill strats then kill any uppers if not damaged badly.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
Ok I have tried every angle on the torpedeos on a town that I can think of high straight down, deck and in between, they will not explode for me so does anyone have a film of this actually working now, I know it used to but I really though Hitech stopped it from working unless it was on the water.
I sunk a port ack once with one (the ones out on the pier)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »

You need to come in at a 30 degree angle (+/- 1 degree), anything beyond this angle and the torpedo will just go through the building without exploding.  You also need to come in at least 250mph IAS and drop at an altitude of no less than 500ft and no higher than 800ft.  It's tricky and it does take a couple of hops to get it down right but there is nothing more enjoyable (well, maybe finding a drunk ewe in a barn or a good vulch) than taking out a flak panzie or Tiger with a torpedo.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »
You need to come in at a 30 degree angle (+/- 1 degree), anything beyond this angle and the torpedo will just go through the building without exploding.  You also need to come in at least 250mph IAS and drop at an altitude of no less than 500ft and no higher than 800ft.  It's tricky and it does take a couple of hops to get it down right but there is nothing more enjoyable (well, maybe finding a drunk ewe in a barn or a good vulch) than taking out a flak panzie or Tiger with a torpedo.

ack-ack
yeah +1  :joystick:
Lighten up Francis

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
Reason i won't join, no particular order:

1. Mix of Allied & Axis plane set.
2. Already 15 people in. (If the plane is some odd ball like FM2, SBD or TBM then i might)
3. Mission tactically makes no sense.
4. Mission plane set makes no sense.
5. When I am online I'm usually flying with squad mates.

Will fly in no order:

1. If it is a CV based mission.
2. Has a good plane set
3. Mission makes tactical sense.

Most the time if i see a mission is upping I will see what their target is and head straight to the closet enemy base to intercept anything taking off or kill strats then kill any uppers if not damaged badly.
:rofl  Think it was Hornet36 than ran a F4F and SBD mission one night. We didn't last to long but it was neat to see in the MA. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins