Author Topic: Un-requested ENY discussion  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
Un-requested ENY discussion
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:23:06 PM »
Hello Gang,

I see ENY posts pop up here from time to time with people vehemently opposed to them, and some not opposed to them and supporting them, but it seems the most suggested change is a blanket "dump them" as opposed to trying to figure out a method of getting the end results that the current ENY system aims for, in possibly a more palatable way.

Here's my current un-requested ENY "alternative":

Instead of limiting planes based upon ENY, still allow ALL aircraft available, no matter what the ENY is, but introduce a time delay upon chosing of an ENY limited aircraft. (Optional) Introduce perk price along with the delay.

Results -
---- Fixes issue in which a particular squad/pilot wants to only fly a specific aircraft/model. Still allows this.
---- Reduces number of aircraft currently in the air for the largest populated chess piece (not just changing what planes are hording the low #s).
---- Potentially gives defenders more "breathing room" to gain altitude / recover from attacks due to above delays.
---- Still gives incentive to change chess pieces, and adds MORE choice to the customer.
---- (Optional) Introduces a perk sink for those players whom have too many perkies with nothing to do with already ;-)

Example in action :
- ENY listed as 12.0
- Attempt to take off P-51D. ENY ranking listed as 8.0 (is this correct? I forget)
- Receive message "Aircraft supplies stretched too thin. Next P-51D available in 48 seconds. Wait for available aircraft? (Accept/Decline)"
======== Wait calculated = (ENY current) - (ENY Aircraft) * 12seconds + (PerkCost * 1second)

Example 2 :
- ENY listed as 20
- Attempt to take off Spit XVI (ENY listed as 5.0)
- Receive Message "Aircraft supplies are stretched too thin. Next Spitfire XVI available in 180 seconds. Wait for available aircraft? (Accept/Decline)"

Question to everyone out there. Does this do anything to help any of the complaints towards ENY right now? Does this still provide a decent incentive to switch sides? Would changing the # of seconds added per ENY point make a difference? Is this better or worse than the current ENY system? What do you all think?
Thanks!
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Un-requested ENY discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, although there will be limitless Spit16 missons im OK with it.
Strokes

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »
fitty1 Dee is 5 eny now  :(

Interesting idea. But I think folks will complain about eny no matter what HTC does. I've always thought the best coarse of action for a player to deal with ENY is to learn a high ENY aircraft for just such occasions.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »
Hello Gang,

I see ENY posts pop up here from time to time with people vehemently opposed to them, and some not opposed to them and supporting them, but it seems the most suggested change is a blanket "dump them" as opposed to trying to figure out a method of getting the end results that the current ENY system aims for, in possibly a more palatable way.

Here's my current un-requested ENY "alternative":

Instead of limiting planes based upon ENY, still allow ALL aircraft available, no matter what the ENY is, but introduce a time delay upon chosing of an ENY limited aircraft. (Optional) Introduce perk price along with the delay.

Results -
---- Fixes issue in which a particular squad/pilot wants to only fly a specific aircraft/model. Still allows this.
---- Reduces number of aircraft currently in the air for the largest populated chess piece (not just changing what planes are hording the low #s).
---- Potentially gives defenders more "breathing room" to gain altitude / recover from attacks due to above delays.
---- Still gives incentive to change chess pieces, and adds MORE choice to the customer.
---- (Optional) Introduces a perk sink for those players whom have too many perkies with nothing to do with already ;-)

Example in action :
- ENY listed as 12.0
- Attempt to take off P-51D. ENY ranking listed as 8.0 (is this correct? I forget)
- Receive message "Aircraft supplies stretched too thin. Next P-51D available in 48 seconds. Wait for available aircraft? (Accept/Decline)"
======== Wait calculated = (ENY current) - (ENY Aircraft) * 12seconds + (PerkCost * 1second)

Example 2 :
- ENY listed as 20
- Attempt to take off Spit XVI (ENY listed as 5.0)
- Receive Message "Aircraft supplies are stretched too thin. Next Spitfire XVI available in 180 seconds. Wait for available aircraft? (Accept/Decline)"

Question to everyone out there. Does this do anything to help any of the complaints towards ENY right now? Does this still provide a decent incentive to switch sides? Would changing the # of seconds added per ENY point make a difference? Is this better or worse than the current ENY system? What do you all think?
Thanks!

I see what you are saying, however, you guys are a Rook Squad.   The only solution is to switch countries as a squad.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
     Switching is less painless than alot of folks seem to think it is.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:19:07 PM »
A huge advantage in numbers on your team AND you want the best planes available?

SURE! WHY NOT! Heck yeah! woo hoo! ummmmmm....

Oh wait...I'm a Knight.

I'll change my vote to....wait for it..............NO!

You're idea doesn't promote combat. After the ENY kicks in everybody on the affected team will be sitting in the tower waiting on their super uber rides to become available.

No thanks.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:44:23 PM »
I don't think introducing waiting is a particularly good idea.  Fewer, better planes in the air I don't believe improves the situation versus having the zerglings able to up all they want in 'worse' planes, as it is now.

Wiley.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:11:41 PM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
     Yeah, god forbid someone doesn't have an overwhelming advantage  :rolleyes:
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »
I still dont get how or why ENY would encourage someone to switch sides.  Only time I switch sides is in MW and thats only if no other bish are on at all.  Problem I find is 15 minutes after I switch there are lots of bish on and im stuck for another 45min.  
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
I still dont get how or why ENY would encourage someone to switch sides.  Only time I switch sides is in MW and thats only if no other bish are on at all.  Problem I find is 15 minutes after I switch there are lots of bish on and im stuck for another 45min.  
You can fly whatever you want to fly, just not the country you want to fly with. It will never encourage people that are deadset on their chesspiece. Switching is to some like your forcing them into another religion. Its really no big deal. Just today my squaddie shot me down and we were cracking up about it. Stick around, fly with others and network your social skills in all 3 places. Its really alot of fun  :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 06:47:48 PM »
fitty1 Dee is 5 eny now  :(
Interesting idea. But I think folks will complain about eny no matter what HTC does. I've always thought the best coarse of action for a player to deal with ENY is to learn a high ENY aircraft for just such occasions.
Sorry, didn't have the ENY list memorized. Just tried to pick something from memeory. I agree, best course under high ENY is to grab a high ENY aircraft or switch countries. Since I generally like higher ENY aircraft (190A5, FM2, P38s), doesn't really affect me, but just figured it could be good to have a thought out discussion of if there are alternatives, so thought I'd throw one out.

I see what you are saying, however, you guys are a Rook Squad.   The only solution is to switch countries as a squad.  
I'm not sure how being a Rook makes any difference, as typically the Rooks are outnumbered in 1 LWMA, and are doing the outnumbering in the other when I get on.
Plus, I don't really care what country I'm on. I like to fly with other people that I know (which is truly, not that many people). I don't remember ever being told we are a "Rook" squad. I just tend to stay Rook even if none of them are around because it's easier if one of them jumps on. If you wanted to invite me over to your side of the fence, I'd be happy to play as bait for you as long as Twin or Fugi aren't on. (I did say "play bait" because that's really the only role I'm good at.  ;) )
So, instead of dismissing my idea because of what country I'm on, or what squad I'm in, is there any thoughts on the actual CONCEPT you do not, or do, agree with, or tweaks to make it better, or just flat out feel current ENY is the best?

A huge advantage in numbers on your team AND you want the best planes available? SURE! WHY NOT! Heck yeah! woo hoo! ummmmmm....
Oh wait...I'm a Knight. I'll change my vote to....wait for it..............NO!
You're idea doesn't promote combat. After the ENY kicks in everybody on the affected team will be sitting in the tower waiting on their super uber rides to become available.
No thanks.
My thought Blooz, was while some people were waiting in the tower for their "super uber ride", the undermanned country could be gaining alt and pushing the fight/flight line back towards the enemy's base, as opposed to have to try and up their aircraft under an umbrella of tons of high ENY aircraft. I.e, the breathing room I mentioned in my OP. That extra time, is time you do not have right now to take off and defend with. Which do you see as more even? You on the runway vs. a BF109G2 circling above, or you at 4-5K vs. a P51 2k+ away from base?

I don't think introducing waiting is a particularly good idea.  Fewer, better planes in the air I don't believe improves the situation versus having the zerglings able to up all they want in 'worse' planes, as it is now.
Fair enough response Wiley. I had thought it might assist in giving some room to try and take off to at least get some maneuvering capability, as unless everyone waited for the extra time, the "waves" of enemy aircraft wouldn't be as thick/heavy, hopefully helping the Defense gain some alt/room, but I absolutely admit I could be wrong in that. Would increasing the delay change that or is it just a flawed idea in your opinion?

BTW, just an addition here... I love how some people assume the only reason someone would make a suggestion is to benefeit themselves. Go through my flight record. You'll find that the vast majority of my flights and deaths are in higher ENY aircraft, so I'm not exactly suggesting this just so I can fly uber planes when I'm on a high number to horde.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:52:06 PM by Knite »
Knite

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
Kite you do realize I would raise the time to wait until it as at least as painful as it is now? I.E. don't think 48 secs, think 10 - 30 mins.

I do give you points for a new Idea though.

HiTech

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 07:37:35 PM »
Knite you do realize I would raise the time to wait until it as at least as painful as it is now? I.E. don't think 48 secs, think 10 - 30 mins.
I do give you points for a new Idea though.
HiTech

Heh, my original thought was 30 seconds per point difference, but I wanted to get feelers out about the idea first. 10-30 mins, you big meanie!  :lol
Just like trying to think through ideas to concerns instead of the constant "change it back" or "remove it" type demands that seem to be more common.
Thanks for the points!  :aok
Knite

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 07:51:02 PM »
Instead of ENYing all plane. When numbers get too out of balance. just remove dweebfire...err I mean spitfires from the largest numbered sides.

That alone should get enough people to change sides to re balance the numbers again  ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 07:55:30 PM »
Knite, great idea man <S>
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy