Author Topic: TY HTC  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: TY HTC
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
Blooz,

Noe hordes were stopped many time. C'mon!

:salute

Lulu,

Man up and learn to fly. Do away with your NOE foolishness. I think you would have a lot more fun with the game if you try to learn other aspects of the game.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »

My observation is both immediate and long term.  AH does not need a bunch of similar arenas differentiated by game play settings as it would simply serve to further split up the community, and AH does not need to follow, for WHATEVER reason, AirWarrior.  No need to follow that game model in any fashion as it is dead, kaput, finished.

I wonder if that clears up your misunderstanding of what I know?

Actually it does not!  You state that AH does not need a bunch of similar arenas differentiated by game play settings, but AH does in fact have similar arenas differentiated by game play settings.  Let me see... We have WWI, Early,mid,late war Orange and Blue, the DA and all the SE arenas.  My point is why not just add another arena with only fighters enabled?  Hitech found it desirable to create all these other arenas and I for one believe that he does know how to run his game and I've never challenged that fact.  I also firmly believe that the community has been split for years into many factions, we have the fighter purist, toolsheeders, groundpounders, base-capturers, score-potatos, and those like me who do it all (except score-whoring as I'm not worth a squat in that department).  So you think that adding an additional arena with a small map for just the fighter "purist" will split the community more than it is now?  I think NOT!  BTW... I give your response a +8 in sucking up to the man category. :lol

All the Best...

Jay

PS.. Do ya even fly online anymore?
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »
Steep learning curve? Actually learning how to use the bombsite?
There is a steep learning curve to get to every aspect of the game. 

Level bombing is the one of the more accessible activities in the game with regards to learning curve and hardware requirements.  So, it is early in the typical player development.  And, it is frequently mocked by those who consider themselves uber-men.

The connection between new radar altitudes and hazing is a bit of a dramatic stretch, I know.

NOEs are an entry level activity.  New guys will be more affected by the lower radar altitudes.  There are a few guys who whine about NOE base taking and also are very impatient with newbies.  Attitude towards new guys is more appropriate for a whole new thread. 

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2010, 10:51:09 AM »
So one question here speaking of hordes.....if we up 20 flights of b-17s to 30k and turn a base/town into dust, capture it are we going to be called HORDES and have 20 pages of whines :cry. Just want to know the new rules of COMBAT for this game.

You would probably be laughed at for needing 20 sets of buffs to take one base.  :D

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2010, 10:52:05 AM »
PS.. Do ya even fly online anymore?
I have spent most of the past few months in WW1 but I haven't used Yeager as my in game ID in years.

PS I was actually thinking more along the lines of EZ mode versus Realistic.  Not a good idea.  Next thing you know people will start asking for all sorts of various arenas.  Night only, GV only, Ship only etc etc ....like I alluded to in a different post HTC has been rumored to be considering the option of being able to set up small arenas with limited players for private events.  That might capture what you are after and shouldn't have much of an impact on MAs...but trying to create 30-40 different arenas to satisfy all the different classes you mentioned will only dilute the concept of even having MAs....go talk with HT about that lol

I DO support the MAs being divided into Eras though...that makes pure sense to me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:16:27 AM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2010, 12:25:47 PM »
Blooz,
Noe hordes were stopped many time. C'mon!

Looks like they will be stopped more often now.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2010, 12:27:07 PM »
Plazus,

Which is Your in game nikname actually? (i see You like p38 ... 'hell pilot')

I could think and say that You also enjoy yourself more if You  
try to figure the key point with less distraction.

To fly under 65 fts is possible (quite brb) but this is not the point.

Noe missions and high alt buff are pretty independently each other.

Win the war is the last of my thought. For me this is related to ppl numbers only.

Not so much skill for this.

You can figure, I prefer when we had factories and other stuff around.
And I will fly more noe if we have winter arena with high beautifull christmas trees.

What to say about the old possibility to snake among canyons in maps that have those.

And another question arise. Why we have special event arenas?

If there are squadrons that want to challenge with special settings why not use those one?

Or why they don't use it in MA?? This is an interesting point.

Why they did not do high buff before?  :O

I can guess with only a  type of low myself made man psychology.

I start to think that who are whining are properly these squadrons.   :noid

Before I can do noe and high alt buff. Not now because noe buff become brb.

Until now I did four or five noe individual buff!    :P

With  quite the same result as before to destroy something If hungry wierbies permit.   :D

Differently from past now I'm horde with a lot's of ho ppl and I forgot some interesting 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 fights.

I did also high p51 individual raid with same result.

Fire and pray in ho festival is really better?

I will see patiently and discuss this the same if it needs.

UpTown, You will need more advill. Sorry.  :lol
mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2010, 12:30:37 PM »
So Blooz, You more happy?

Why?

mobilis in mobile

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »
Plazus,

Which is Your in game nikname actually? (i see You like p38 ... 'hell pilot')

I could think and say that You also enjoy yourself more if You  
try to figure the key point with less distraction.

To fly under 65 fts is possible (quite brb) but this is not the point.

Noe missions and high alt buff are pretty independently each other.

Win the war is the last of my thought. For me this is related to ppl numbers only.

Not so much skill for this.

You can figure, I prefer when we had factories and other stuff around.
And I will fly more noe if we have winter arena with high beautifull christmas trees.

What to say about the old possibility to snake among canyons in maps that have those.

And another question arise. Why we have special event arenas?

If there are squadrons that want to challenge with special settings why not use those one?

Or why they don't use it in MA?? This is an interesting point.

Why they did not do high buff before?  :O

I can guess with only a  type of low myself made man psychology.

I start to think that who are whining are properly these squadrons.   :noid

Before I can do noe and high alt buff. Not now because noe buff become brb.

Until now I did four or five noe individual buff!    :P

With  quite the same result as before to destroy something If hungry wierbies permit.   :D

Differently from past now I'm horde with a lot's of ho ppl and I forgot some interesting 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 fights.

I did also high p51 individual raid with same result.

Fire and pray in ho festival is really better?

I will see patiently and discuss this the same if it needs.

UpTown, You will need more advill. Sorry.  :lol

Reading this overwhelms me with suicidal tendencies.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:34:57 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »
Lulu,

I think you are taking the radar changes too seriously. The point of the change is to allow defenders a chance to intercept a raid and spark some combat. If you want to fly NOE all you want, then do it! Youll find out that youll need a change of tactics if you wish to be successful with your NOE raid. Because of this, I am suggesting you invest your time in AH in learning other aspects of the game. Otherwise youll just make yourself miserable because your age-old tactic of sneaking bases is losing its effectiveness.

When I started playing AH back in '03, I remember when I participated in all of those smash 'n grab NOE raids. They were fun, for about a month. Then it got old and repetitive. So I changed my style of play to a more combat oriented type, and since then I have had loads of fun sharing memories with others. This is why I think you need to relax and get rid of that chip off your shoulder. AH will be more fun that way.

PS: My current ingame name is 82Plazus. I was formerly known as Plazus (2008) and Hyperion (2009). I flew under different ingame names before I started this BBS account.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »
So Blooz, You more happy?
Why?

Yes.

I play defense.

|
|
\/

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2010, 12:44:52 PM »
Plazus,

If You think so:

"When I started playing AH back in '03, I remember when I participated in all of those smash 'n grab NOE raids. They were fun, for about a month. Then it got old and repetitive. So I changed my style of play to a more combat oriented type, and since then I have had loads of fun sharing memories with others."   <--- i can agree

Why hell things cannot go as in past times!   :O

mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
Blooz,

Before did not You play defence?

Why?

mobilis in mobile

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2010, 01:05:17 PM »
Blooz,
Before did not You play defence?
Why?

Yes.

To stop people from attacking the base.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2010, 01:06:02 PM »
defense me play now like muchly with fly squad go up up down down muchly flames go to dying less then more with such as
Wag more, bark less.