Author Topic: I don't get it  (Read 8009 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
I don't get it
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
I've been reading all these threads about the new radar settings.  Before I begin I played Friday night and most of the day yesterday and they made no difference to me although for the record I think 65' is too low.

What I don't get is all the people jumping for joy over these settings because they will limit the NOE crowd.  For the most part, these same people are those who always say they don't care about winning the war and, if you are to believe them, are ACM masters who could single handedly take down an entire hoard of "skilless dweebs".  If you don't care about winning the war then why care about the NOE base takers?  I don't and haven't cared about either one.  I just want to kill people and blow suff up.

Frankly, when the NOE guys take a single base deep in the enemy backfield it just creates more fights on that part of the map.  I always thought that was a good thing.  Evidently I was mistaken.

On the other hand, if you do care about winning the war, then one of your strategies has just been taken from you.  What were once 5-10 man NOE missions will now turn into 20-30 man hoard missions.  Even I with my modest skills stood a chance against 5-10 low 110's but I don't want to be anywhere near the 30 man hoard with alt and E.

I don't know.  You guys can all spout your awsome skills and ACM prowess and jump on each other's ankles but I don't see any good coming from this.  Like I said, I don't get it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Re: I don't get it
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »

Frankly, when the NOE guys take a single base deep in the enemy backfield it just creates more fights on that part of the map.  I always thought that was a good thing.  Evidently I was mistaken.

If NOEs where used to stir things up behind enemy lines, there wouldnt be as much drama. That tactic was being way overused not to promote combat, but to race to reset the map. Interaction with others is why this game is so successful. The NOE tactic is used to have overwhelming #s and to catch them by surprise. Success with that is to avoid any interaction with other players.

Admit it. If all sides suddenly thought one day to go NOE and smash bases, it would make for a pretty boring game. The tactic if used against them, would be hated. Even to those hardcore base-takers, they would cry horde when Dredger used to put those high #s missions.

The game was turning into a cesspool, if you were here last week, you would see. NOE after NOE. It gets lame really fast
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:12:16 AM »
As Tralfaz said, last Sunday was a good example. Multiple NOEs, non-stop all day and as soon as the base was taken the NOE group would land and do it somewhere else. Even if the defenders up'd to attack from a nearby base, the NOE lemmings would have already landed.

It was akin to playing 'whack-a-mole' than anything else.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:13:51 AM »
I believe the new radar setting promotes fights and makes the massive noe hoarde squads work a bit harder if they want to cowardly sneak around unseen. Have you not noticed the huge drop in base rolling?
Having the dar the way it was allowed for the sneak squads to go from 1 base to the next without having to really fight. Sure maybe 2 or 3 guys would up to try and defend once a full dar bar popped up, but now ample time is given for defenders to be at least there to try and defend.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-noe, it's just several BIG squads have made this kind of tactic the norm and that's when it becomes lame. It they want to go noe then by God go noe. Challenge the guys that don't seem to want a challenge.

The new radar system also puts more worth in high alt bombing, which is where it should be. Take a look at how the 91st bomb group are working it. Very realistic AND affective. They're coming in high in numbers and hitting strats. The way I think HiTech intended the game to be played.
And the jet guys...now they can't fly noe going unnoticed either. I see one famous ace isn't liking the new dar. Him and his sidekick gamed the radar to death. Do you think the RL 262 or 163 pilots would use that kind of tactic back in the day?
Lighten up Francis

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:15:34 AM »
Tralfaz, Delirium,

If so, then ?
Call HTC to 'whining' (i not like this term but some of you seems to like it very much) pls change the rules?
or BETTER use this forum to find a solution?

:salute

mobilis in mobile

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 11:20:32 AM »
Tralfaz, Delirium,

If so, then ?
Call HTC to 'whining' (i not like this term but some of you seems to like it very much) pls change the rules?
or BETTER use this forum to find a solution?

LOL HT was prob on a shade and witnessed the timidity... thus rule change.
See Rule #4

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 11:23:05 AM »
I didn't call anyone... only a blind and deaf man could not see the problem.

Lulu, don't forget your tinfoil hat.  :noid
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »
all this over Radar? :headscratch: i dont get it just up and look for the red guys  :D  :bolt:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 11:28:52 AM »
I don't care about the 65ft rule....whatever in my book....but the larger DAR rings....no! If your going to make DAR rings larger why not just have 1 DAR per side covering 300+ miles coming out of HQ, problem solved no NOE's, no hordes.

BTW; What is a HORDE now days, 1,2,3,4???? I have seen players complain that 3 cons were a horde. Just want to understand the new rules of the game so I don't become part of a horde :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »
Just my opinion, but 65' is too low.  100' would've been better.

That tactic was being way overused not to promote combat, but to race to reset the map.

Not disagreeing, but if you look at how rarely maps get reset, I don't think NOEs were the scourge to the map that some are trying to make them out to be.

BTW; What is a HORDE now days, 1,2,3,4???? I have seen players complain that 3 cons were a horde. Just want to understand the new rules of the game so I don't become part of a horde

Don't ya know?  If your side of the fight has one more plane than the other side, you are part of a horde. 

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:35:07 AM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
And the jet guys...now they can't fly noe going unnoticed either.
Yes you can.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 11:34:44 AM »
Just my opinion, but 65' is too low.  100' would've been better.

Not disagreeing, but if you look at how rarely maps get reset, I don't think NOEs were the scourge to the map that some are trying to make them out to be.

They were not the scrounge because of map resets, but for running gameplay issues.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »
Not at all, I could care less about that, haven't hardly flown the jet this tour anyways.  The point is, the entire "Hunting" aspect of the game has been completely removed.  Staying under 65 feet over rugged terrain is near impossible now.  I can barely do it in any plane for more than 10 or so seconds without auguring or dipping above 65 feet.  I always thought 500 ft was too high because there is absolutely no challenge and even then, some scrub noobs still couldn't do it.  But to go from 500 ft down to 65 feet is like deciding one day you are going to take ice baths every morning instead of hot showers before work.  It ought to be in the 100-150 yd range, if you wanted to call it "Challenging" Nap of Earth.  As it is, it should be called "Laughably Absurd, Good Luck Not Auguring <Snicker Snicker>" Nap of Earth.

I'm not siding with anyone here, I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »
Lighten up Francis

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 11:43:30 AM »
Just my opinion, but 65' is too low.  100' would've been better.

Don't ya know?  If your side of the fight has one more plane than the other side, you are part of a horde. 

8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>