Author Topic: I don't get it  (Read 8009 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: I don't get it
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »
Are you saying NOEs promote fights?

It feels like the DA lake everywhere. Now its good for someone who is a decent pilot but for those who are newbs its rough. I have never ran into so many baby seals before these changes.

The changes promote total destruction of the base just get to 30k and destroy all hangers. This is the way it is going to be done now still no fight unless you want to climb up to chalenge range.

As baldeagle alluded to the fact noes promoted fights, in a way. Maybe not the people actually doing noes but for the defense afterward. People up now and are seen coming off the runway its no

different than the DA. Some people play this game for different reasons than just straight furball/1v1. I have always said noes were the first place I "trained" I learned a lot from them (as a brand new flight sim player). I hate to see the changes it was not necessary.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:42:53 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »
In the MA why have rules?
No planes should be perked.
Set the radar to the way it was in WW2
This is a game we play, there are many arenas. Where you can fight the way you would like to.
The MA is a fantasy arena, why limit it?
If you want one on one, there is an arena.
If you want historical there is an arena.
There appears to be an arena for everyone, WTG HTC.
If this was implemented maybe, just maybe the other arenas would be populated.
My 2 cents
blutik
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2010, 07:45:51 PM »
The last thing in the world the NOE crowd wants is a fight. I can't count the times I've seen a NOE mission busted and everyone killed that they just gave up. No coming back with alt, or bombers or fighters...just nothing. 15 mintues later they'd pop up at another undefended base clean on the other side of the map!
Lighten up Francis

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »
The last thing in the world the NOE crowd wants is a fight. I can't count the times I've seen a NOE mission busted and everyone killed that they just gave up. No coming back with alt, or bombers or fighters...just nothing. 15 mintues later they'd pop up at another undefended base clean on the other side of the map!

exactly
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »
In the MA why have rules?
No planes should be perked.
Set the radar to the way it was in WW2
This is a game we play, there are many arenas. Where you can fight the way you would like to.
The MA is a fantasy arena, why limit it?
If you want one on one, there is an arena.
If you want historical there is an arena.
There appears to be an arena for everyone, WTG HTC.
If this was implemented maybe, just maybe the other arenas would be populated.
My 2 cents
blutik
SIGH. If that were the case Mr.BluTic the MA would be nothing but 262s, 163s and Tempests. The question about the radar has been answered 2 pages ago.

P.S. fix your avatar....it's fubar
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:53:13 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »

What is failed to be pointed out is how that effects you or your gameplay. If you truly  dont care about base taking then 15 guys taking a base on the other side of the map should make no difference to you.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »
SIGH. If that were the case Mr.BluTic the MA would be nothing but 262s, 163s and Tempests. The question about the radar has been answered 2 pages ago.

Is that not the way it is now?
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2010, 07:54:27 PM »

In a sense you ARE correct...an NOE mission desires a capture.  The short time it takes a town to rebuild coupled with the fact that the "enemy" will likely already have fast goon hunters hunting towards likely launch bases MAKES actually fighting over taking a base AND ALSO capturing it unlikely if the original NOE was thwarted.  When I break up an NOE and they don't come back I watch the map and decide what base is likely a future target and watch for signs of an NOE coming in.  Then I will call it out and roll out for the next fun fight that ensures quite a few kills and the satisfaction of thwarting them again.

IMHO if HTC lengthened the amount of time a town is down you would see more reattempts to capture a field after a failed NOE...

The best way to start a fight...which i assume you are craving....is to roll above dar with a few buds and start attacking a field.  Lurking with alt above a field that has been NOE's recently would never be a recipe for ensuring a fight?I'm not sure why this is a hard concept to grasp except it DOES require a little initiative and friends who will fly with you :devil
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:58:04 PM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »
What is failed to be pointed out is how that effects you or your gameplay. If you truly  dont care about base taking then 15 guys taking a base on the other side of the map should make no difference to you.
When most of the people on the country fighting your side are all at one spot then disappear after 15 minutes.....it does effect your gameplay...no fight
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2010, 07:58:12 PM »
But I do play the base taking thing Kilo. I play all aspects of the game. I'm just now constantly doing the same thing. Some months I try to score good, other tours I just dogfight or whatever. I get too easily burned out if I stick strictly to one thing. That is the genius of this game for me. I don't have to be stuck in one category.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
If some of you anti-radar change whiners would put as much effort in fighting in game as you do on these boards about the changes, game play would dramatically improve.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »
If some of you anti-radar change whiners would put as much effort in fighting in game as you do on these boards about the changes, game play would dramatically improve.

ack-ack

Oh no you didn't.....get your own material  :D

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »
No BluTic, it's not that way now. Not even close.
Lighten up Francis

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2010, 08:21:46 PM »
What I am trying to say is that in the MA we have 109s fighting 190s, F4u fighting f6f, Spitfires fighting Spitfires and so on; and so on. Should we have rules of engagement?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »
What I am trying to say is that in the MA we have 109s fighting 190s, F4u fighting f6f, Spitfires fighting Spitfires and so on; and so on. Should we have rules of engagement?
If it is detrimental/unbalancing  to game play... yes.

That is why we have perked AC.
See Rule #4