Author Topic: I don't get it  (Read 8011 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: I don't get it
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2010, 08:30:35 PM »
What I am trying to say is that in the MA we have 109s fighting 190s, F4u fighting f6f, Spitfires fighting Spitfires and so on; and so on. Should we have rules of engagement?
That has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time. That's why I so looked forward to CT coming out. But we have a AvA arena for that kind of fight. My problem with the AvA is the limited plane set. But I understand why it has to be limited, as most folks would prefer a Allied bird to a Axis one. The dedicated Allied pilots probably outnumber the Axis guys 2 to 1.
Lighten up Francis

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 08:42:25 PM »
I understand.
But if nothing was perked in the Main Arenas would that not increase the numbers in the other arenas?
Early War and Mid War?

This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »
LOL I have been playing this game for nine years and have become a copper member!
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2010, 08:45:29 PM »
I understand.
But if nothing was perked in the Main Arenas would that not increase the numbers in the other arenas?
Early War and Mid War?

Yes, numbers could go up there a bit, but overall subscriber numbers would probably plummet ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
LOL I have (..) have become a copper member!

WTG..  only few levels more, and your opinion will start to count!!!  :aok

j/k of course  :D  :bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
Maybe in 20 years or so.
But I don't visit the boards often.
I prefer playing the game, when I can.
Just my opinion.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »
In a sense you ARE correct...an NOE mission desires a capture.  The short time it takes a town to rebuild coupled with the fact that the "enemy" will likely already have fast goon hunters hunting towards likely launch bases MAKES actually fighting over taking a base AND ALSO capturing it unlikely if the original NOE was thwarted.  When I break up an NOE and they don't come back I watch the map and decide what base is likely a future target and watch for signs of an NOE coming in.  Then I will call it out and roll out for the next fun fight that ensures quite a few kills and the satisfaction of thwarting them again.

IMHO if HTC lengthened the amount of time a town is down you would see more reattempts to capture a field after a failed NOE...

The best way to start a fight...which i assume you are craving....is to roll above dar with a few buds and start attacking a field.  Lurking with alt above a field that has been NOE's recently would never be a recipe for ensuring a fight?I'm not sure why this is a hard concept to grasp except it DOES require a little initiative and friends who will fly with you :devil

:aok

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »
The biggest problem with the NOE is it isn't a fight by any stretch of the imagination (HiTech also said this in his post of things to consider about these changes). NOEs are a bunch of people coming in and ignoring any fight, shoot buildings. Even should they fail and return it has nothing to do with fighting their way through. All they are worried about is getting that last little push to grab the base.

There is no fun in clubbing baby seals. I want someone to fight back. Last night I helped take two bases, first one I snuck in with troops in an M3 while the defenders were popping LVTs trying to get on shore. I think there was 10 of us there. Second one was 3 of us at first, but once the CV between our base and theirs was sunk a couple more joined us. No NOE, strait head ups and it was fun.

Get use to it, I think its here to stay. The numbers may change a bit, but not much. Time to learn a few new skills and up the competition.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »
The biggest problem with the NOE is it isn't a fight by any stretch of the imagination (HiTech also said this in his post of things to consider about these changes). NOEs are a bunch of people coming in and ignoring any fight, shoot buildings. Even should they fail and return it has nothing to do with fighting their way through. All they are worried about is getting that last little push to grab the base.

There is no fun in clubbing baby seals. I want someone to fight back. Last night I helped take two bases, first one I snuck in with troops in an M3 while the defenders were popping LVTs trying to get on shore. I think there was 10 of us there. Second one was 3 of us at first, but once the CV between our base and theirs was sunk a couple more joined us. No NOE, strait head ups and it was fun.

Get use to it, I think its here to stay. The numbers may change a bit, but not much. Time to learn a few new skills and up the competition.

what do you tell the people who had their fun taking bases noe.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2010, 10:38:24 PM »
Fugitive,

"If so, then ? This isn't a complete sentence. What are you trying to say here?"  

why not? This was referred to other ppl opinions (Tralfaz, Delirium).

if so (as you say), then (where is the problem)?

And for the rest you understood.

So, not so much problem after all.

But, as i posted well before, it's quite obviously that HTC has the last word.

It's also true that HTC take care about our ideas as it was when HTC aske to poll about WWI possibility.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2010, 10:43:05 PM »
Will I'd tell them to read what HiTech posted about the change.

A few simple thoughts.

1. Best way to win a war is to hit the enemy where they ain't.

2. Best way to have fun in a combat orientated game is to have combat.

3. Attacking undefended targets is not combat even though it is the best strategy to win.

4. This is a game and not work or war. Expecting some one to be on defense with no idea if a strike is coming is not a legitimate expectation.  Hence, you should defend your field is not a legitimate argument if it requires some one to do a very boring act with no guaranty of combat.

5. Defense now has more warning on a strike and time to organize a  defense, so now we are more likely to have an offense and defense playing against each other instead of 2 offenses playing by themselves.

Hence these changes have nothing to do with fur-ball vs tool shedding. But simply about putting offense and defense on a more = level.

HiTech

Continually running NOE attacks to undefended fields, created an imbalance in game-play that HTC felt needed to be addressed. They did this to make their product better for everyone (or as many as possible) not one particular group or style of player.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »
odds days, old settings !

Could be interesting?!?

:rofl

mobilis in mobile

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2010, 04:18:54 AM »
I don't think you understand lulu.

No matter how many words you throw on the page, it will change nothing.

Hitech made a change, now he will sit back, and wait for the complaining and whining to stop, and watch the effects of that change. He is not going to react quickly, he is not going to change it back because "some" of his customers did not like the effect. He will take the long view, we are talking months here not weeks.

He will be patient and watch. If the change accomplishes what he was after, then it will stay.
If it falls short, he may make changes, "tweaks" to the changes, OR he may try something else as a complimenting factor. 

We have basically 3 choices to make any time HT makes a sweeping change like this.

A: learn to deal with the new settings, up our game and accept it. (learn a different way to do same thing)
B: Complain or whine a lot, and be frustrated when nothing changes again. (Stuck doing it the old way)
C: Vote with your feet, if your really that unhappy, you can always stop paying to play.
    The ultimate vote, it will be noticed, but the odds of it changing anything  are slim.
    And even if it does ultimately change things, you won't be here to see it happen.

Lulu after watching your posts for the last week I do have one further thing to say sir.

I am sorry, I miss judged you. English is obviously not your first language, and you have some very real issues with building sentence's in it.  That made it seem like you had more of a "chip" on your shoulder, or "attitude" than may actually be the case.  My bad.

Please, please, when you post, take the time to connect your words into an understandable sentence.
Otherwise no one is going to take you seriously, and very few will even attempt to read your words.

Last, your post directed at Delirium was perilously close to what I would consider an attack on an Aces High Trainer. Just for your information, we are all players just like you are. We "give" our time to make AH a better place for everyone. We are not paid. And Hitech does not listen to us any more or less than he listens to any other customer. This is a fact, if you don't believe me, ask others.

Disrespect or attack an Aces High trainer again, and the gloves come off, no more mr nice guy.

Yes I am a grumpy ol fart, and yes I can be a real SOB to live with, ask my wife.  :)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »

I am sorry, I miss judged you. English is obviously not your first language, and you have some very real issues with building sentence's in it.  That made it seem like you had more of a "chip" on your shoulder, or "attitude" than may actually be the case.  My bad.

Please, please, when you post, take the time to connect your words into an understandable sentence.

What kind of sentence is "My bad." ?    :neener:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Vulgar

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2010, 05:58:27 AM »
Hmm interesting Gosth. You are threatening someone with violence, because of their lack of understanding, of the English language?  Easy for you to say "take the time to connect your words into an understandable sentence". You apparently only speak English. I speak a few languages and English is by far one of the most difficult to master.

I am sure that Lulu's inadvertent "disrespect" was entirely due to a language barrier. Even though you allude to his lack of command of the English language. You still, intentionally made a threat to his well being.

This kind of threat by an "Aces High Trainer", is of the lowest kind of behavior. Time and time again, every time anyone uses language other than English in the game. They are immediately verbally attacked and bullied. Apparently this kind of behavior is something you teach your students. Your threat clearly states your intentions, when it comes to someone that does not speak English.

If attacking people verbally, and threatening violence, is standard practice, and encouraged by Aces High - HiTechCreations. Then is should be clearly stated on the home page of the website, that only English speaking customers are wanted. It should also state that anyone using any language other than English, or anyone that uses English improperly. Will be immediately verbally attacked, and will also be threatened, with bodily harm.

Your position as a "Aces High Trainer" apparently gives you the authority and or right to threaten people with bodily harm. Well mister, if you have the cajones. I will send you the money for a bus ticket. You can come over to my house at your convenience, and I will take the gloves off with you. That is not a threat. That is a challenge, I am sure you will not take up. Because you are obviously just a bully who is accustomed to beating up on smaller people than your self.

Lulu's is at a distinct disadvantage concerning the use of the English language. So why do you not take on someone who can defend them-self. I will be happy to overnight a bus ticket as soon as you accept my challenge.

Vulgar

Lulu after watching your posts for the last week I do have one further thing to say sir.

Otherwise no one is going to take you seriously, and very few will even attempt to read your words.

Last, your post directed at Delirium was perilously close to what I would consider an attack on an Aces High Trainer. Just for your information, we are all players just like you are. We "give" our time to make AH a better place for everyone. We are not paid. And Hitech does not listen to us any more or less than he listens to any other customer. This is a fact, if you don't believe me, ask others.

Disrespect or attack an Aces High trainer again, and the gloves come off, no more mr nice guy.