Author Topic: Wow... Just Wow....  (Read 12061 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: Wow... Just Wow....
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2010, 09:08:22 PM »
Looks good - congratulations in advance.
Are we at the point where, with 2 MAs in operation 1 is Europe and 1 South Pacific (without the singing)?
One doesn't have a CV element and has lots of bombable(?) strat targets, the other goes crazy on the CV portion with some large (5 sectors)distance between groups of bases to encourage "island hopping" and true CV warfare.
Is that the way it is engineered now because it seems those elements are missing.
The new scenery really has a Northern France/Ardennes feel about it.
Another addition could be to utilise the "city" landscape (without the evil AA) and have a couple of capturable(?) airfields through them closer to the front lines.
I bet the GVers would froth approaching airfields around city streets to get to a map room and most of the German airfields in occupied France were near large towns anyway.
It seems all the elements are in place, it's just a matter of placement.
Anyway - looks good.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
Speaking of object, what is the object mean on a plane? Don't mean to hijack, just curious. I do like Greebo's idea. Think they need minor rivers that would run through certain towns, so you could utilise PT boats a bit more. Would have a bridge in town over the river for the GVrs. Could be saboutaged by your own side maybe to prevent GV crossings. Sorry, just thinking out loud here.  :salute

cant remember who it was but he had a VERY good representation of the same idea ur proposing here idk if anyone remembers the thread name
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: July 05, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »
cant remember who it was but he had a VERY good representation of the same idea ur proposing here idk if anyone remembers the thread name

You mean this one?

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,267808.0.html

***G3-MF***

Offline jay

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »
YUP  :D
"He who makes a beast of himself Gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr.Johnson

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2010, 10:27:04 PM »
YUP  :D

Hehe... thanks for the compliment about the idea :) 

But seriously, the HTC staff DID show some interest in this idea at one time.  Perhaps their redo of the town and field objects is a step in this direction.  One can only hope  :pray

***G3-MF***

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
Wow, now this strikes me as a fun place to do first person shooter action. Imagine, getting the mission together, "para-trooping" in, and having to do battle with opposing infantry to actually CAPTURE the map room. Talk about a gold plated hoot. How about you become an infantryman if your tank is disabled? Then the GVers would have troops armed with bazookas to deal with. How about storming the beaches in LVTs? AHII meets COD?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2010, 08:49:28 AM »
Wow, now this strikes me as a fun place to do first person shooter action. Imagine, getting the mission together, "para-trooping" in, and having to do battle with opposing infantry to actually CAPTURE the map room. Talk about a gold plated hoot. How about you become an infantryman if your tank is disabled? Then the GVers would have troops armed with bazookas to deal with. How about storming the beaches in LVTs? AHII meets COD?

I hope you dream becomes reality.

HiTech

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2010, 09:10:17 AM »

HiTech

Maybe it's just me, but this seems oddly significant....

:headscratch:
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2010, 09:30:09 AM »
It would kill the AH2 that many of us have known & loved for years though. :(
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »

How so?
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2010, 10:40:43 AM »
How so?

It's just my opinion, but I feel AH would no longer be the premiere air combat game.  It would lose its pureness.  It would become Call of Duty with airplanes.  The main emphasis of the game would change.  Plus I don't want the type of players in here (AH) that I have to deal with when playing online FPSs.  I like our crowd better. :)  Yes, I'm a snob. 

Good lord, could you imagine the squeaker flood that would create?

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2010, 11:05:51 AM »
It's just my opinion, but I feel AH would no longer be the premiere air combat game.  It would lose its pureness.  It would become Call of Duty with airplanes.  The main emphasis of the game would change.  Plus I don't want the type of players in here (AH) that I have to deal with when playing online FPSs.  I like our crowd better. :)  Yes, I'm a snob. 

Good lord, could you imagine the squeaker flood that would create?

There was a time when I would have agreed with you, but I spent a stint in "the other major online WWII-based sim".  Even as limited as it was, and with all the flaws it had, there was something absolutely magical about having all the pieces of a real war taking place, and flying in support of a war effort that was playing out on the ground below you.  If done well, it would be totally kick-butt.  If done poorly, it would take away all the goodness and leave only 'blah' in it's place.

I can only pray for the former and hope against hope for the latter if something like it happens here.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2010, 11:48:29 AM »
for those who still want to play the old way, after bailing,,, just tower  like we have always done,,, for those who want a little more, bail after kicking the troops out of your goon, and help to capture the map room!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2010, 11:55:52 AM »

HiTech

The problem with this currently is that the game is not large enough to support individual first person combat.  The air to air fights will dry up as a larger portion will be trying to win the war on the ground.  Not good for air combat and not a large enough player population to absorb the air to air player drop offs.

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
There are thousands upon thousands of people playing COD on line, right now at this very moment. It might enlarge the game bringing a new type of player in who would then be intorduced to other types of combat, GV, Fighter, bomber, ground attack and fleet actions. It would be extraodinarily tough to pull off such a thing but it also might be the most awesome multi-layered combat sim ever. The possibilities are endless. Judgeing from what Hitech said, maybe it's a dream of his also.