Author Topic: Fighter Score system  (Read 8892 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Fighter Score system
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 04:13:26 PM »
[hijack] It's been said that vulching is the reward for those who got to the airfield and deacked it, whether they fought their way in or nobody bothered to stop them.  I tried it...once.  I found it boring and meaningless. [/hijack]
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 04:16:56 PM »
[hijack] It's been said that vulching is the reward for those who got to the airfield and deacked it, whether they fought their way in or nobody bothered to stop them.  I tried it...once.  I found it boring and meaningless. [/hijack]

Vulching is one of the last of the true art forms.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:32 PM »
Hmmm...  I remember seeing an argument very similar to this one in more than a couple of threads...  "Change the scoring system so that vulch's do not give as many perks/points as "fighting" for your kill does...."  What next? Change it to where getting vulched doesn't count against you?  How about, YOU get perks for getting vulched?  Yeah!  That would be great!  And while you are at it, it could cost the person who vulched you, to lose all his perks and reset his rank too!  Seriously, if you are upping from a cap field, you are likely to get vulched.  If you do not like it, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.  There are other fields to up from ya know.  :lol  Even HiTech has stated that.

In any event, I do not see this thread lasting long...
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 04:21:25 PM »
In any event, I do not see this thread lasting long...

Even though Dale is posting in it?

Funnier yet, IIRC yer a Claim Jumper on top of it all.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »
Kayara wouldn't make a difference. as of right now NOE missions don't make bases flash till old radar settings. the only thing i don't like is up at a base try to get some alt and the enemy can see where your going what your doing. should be able to up at a base and grab some alt and look for a fight.

as of now what i am seeing is the enemy sees your dot upping and they up in horde and grab massive alt. just to get some what of a co alt fight you have to climb to 15k now.

just think the radar at 20 miles is over kill. if you want to keep it at 20 miles that's fine i don't care extend the bases from each other.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 04:34:26 PM »
Most of the "NOE crowd" have been getting their butts handed to them Boner.   You rarely see them and their "whack-a-mole" BS in the Arenas.   Now that they are forced to "fight", you see them dropping like flies.  

Multi-bomber NOE raids take Zilch in the skill department.    The extended radar now assists the defenders of this even further.  
Not sure where you have been playing I have seen no difference with NOE's with extended radar & depending on what country you attack they still don't up to defend.

From what I have seen nothing much has changed. Except the NOE crowd has shown up on mass in bombers & higher? Yet depending on what country you attack they still don't up to defend the base because it is to much effort to get to the bombers alt.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »
Tim, thats ok, I have a blast doing both regardless of what you think takes skill or not lol

At least it is player versus player eh  :aok

Yeah, but the guy who is trying to take off the runway to "fight" isn't really in play yet is he?

I really couldn't care less if someone vulches or not, anymore than I cared if someone took a field noe.

At least if someone was coming in noe, I had a chance to up and "fight".

Player vs. player?  LOL

What the difference between shooting a guy trying to take off on a runway and shooting a building?  Nothing. They are both defenseless.

There is no "fight" happening, so why should a guy in a "fighter" get score points for it??

If you want "fight" against things on the ground, you should be scored in "attack" mode.

If you happen to try to do it for easy kills for your "fighter" score. tough luck.

Thats my opinion Tim. :banana:

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 04:46:47 PM »
Not sure where you have been playing I have seen no difference with NOE's with extended radar & depending on what country you attack they still don't up to defend.

From what I have seen nothing much has changed. Except the NOE crowd has shown up on mass in bombers & higher? Yet depending on what country you attack they still don't up to defend the base because it is to much effort to get to the bombers alt.

I've rarely seen you in the Arenas and aside from Rooks taking TT bases, the mass usage of 5+ buff formations NOE's, has dropped substantially.  

I don't care about the usage of bombers at alt, I got tired of the BS that Dale has all but eliminated.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 04:55:07 PM »
the mass usage of 5+ buff formations NOE's, has dropped substantially.    

I was on for maybe an hour last night, I caught and defended against two 5+ buff formation noes , followed by the usual 110s and low fighters, goons etc.

Great fun!

Always was.

Was one of my favorite things in the game.

Gonna miss it.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
I was on for maybe an hour last night, I caught and defended against two 5+ buff formation noes , followed by the usual 110s and low fighters, goons etc.

Great fun!

Always was.

Was one of my favorite things in the game.

Gonna miss it.

As a Knight these days, I rarely see them.   I know a few squads in Rookland DEPEND on them, as they've never truly progressed. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »
my problem with the fighter score system is the K/H. encourages furballing rather than historical fighter sorties (sweeps/bomber interception) and trying to land sorties (no kills, just ditch it close to your own base rather than landing, no penalty and improves your K/H). its the "quake factor" in the scoring system.

then again I dont really care about score so ... um whatever :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
nothing wrong with quake!  

Wouldn't want timid pickers being ranked higher than the guys who know how to kill like machines.

bomber interception is the best way to increase hit % and accumulate points faster.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »
I know - played fps (RTCW and ET) for years and loved it (as UnionJackJackson):aok

not sure K/H has much to do with picking, though it could be a factor I guess.

buff hunting does help with hit% and damage points for sure, but only if you've spent the time to learn how to do it ;)

the other problem with K/H is it favours those that fly during US primetime, its hard to get good K/H if you have to spend 20mins finding someone to kill ...

seems a bit nuts that fighter score depends to a degree on where you live and when you log in.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »
not sure K/H has much to do with picking, though it could be a factor I guess.

Because if you take K/H away, you will help those flying for hours and only engaging if there ain't the sligthest danger of being shot down

You know, those guys with a freaky K/D of 8 but a sucky K/H of 2...

That being said, my own fighter score would massively benefit from removing K/H, always being my "worst" category ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 05:39:25 PM »
Even though Dale is posting in it?

Funnier yet, IIRC yer a Claim Jumper on top of it all.   

I should have been more specific...  If this continues on about vulching, then I do not see this thread lasting long.

He is posting in a thread about on a topic that has been talked about in more than a few other threads (vulching).  His point on the vulching issue is, if you don't want to get vulched, up from another field.  Changing the scoring system just because of vulching, won't solve the issue (and will likely erk someone).  Yes, it's tough as nails to get into the air on a capped field, but some of my funnest and funniest moments happen during these times.  I've seen a few folks auger into the hanger, the ground and that water tower, trying to vulch me. lol

And what point are you trying to make by pointing out that I'm a CJ?  You are the only one who has pointed this out since I joined the forums.  So the point of you doing it, is lost on me....

If K/H is the main issue, then modifying that or being rid of it, MAY work.  As Yarbles pointed out, those who can practically live on AH, have a major advantage over those of us who just don't have that amount of time to spend or log in during the "down" time.  My score won't change much. lol  In fact, at this moment, I'd be at a very low rank since I actually have more deaths than kills.  :lol  I have to figure out how I got my Ta-152 to go into a flat spin at 500ft while landing...  Went tail first into the ground I might add.  :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.