Author Topic: Fighter Score system  (Read 8891 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Fighter Score system
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:21:56 AM »
 :aok

Becase it rewards getting lots of kills in the shortest time and not getting killed.

Ok it also records points which is distorting as the player with more time to play has an advantage. Other than that it all makes sense.

I realise there are those looking for "good fights" which I assume are co alt/e 1v1 or hurling themselves at the enemy horde but since this is supposed to be LOOSELY based on WW2 ideas of how to be a top scoring ace not dead I cant think of a better system.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Fighter Score system
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:06:33 AM »
I agree. The only improvement I could think of is if they could devise a method to adjust or modify point allocation to compensate for local numeric disparity. For example; if you and your 30 closest friends are vulch capping a field, the vulch kills wouldn't be worth many, if any, points. Whereas, you and a few teammates carefully culling a herd of 30 enemy over your field would be worth far more points than normal. This would help mitigate the hordfest prevalence and reward those who may not play as much , but do so in a more sportsmanlike manner than primarily subsisting on vulch capping for their kills.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 08:14:45 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »
I agree. The only improvement I could think of is if they could devise a method to adjust or modify point allocation to compensate for local numeric disparity. For example; if you and your 30 closest friends are vulch capping a field, the vulch kills wouldn't be worth many, if any, points. Whereas, you and a few teammates carefully culling a herd of 30 enemy over your field would be worth far more points than normal. This would help mitigate the hordfest prevalence and reward those who may not play as much , but do so in a more sportsmanlike manner than primarily subsisting on vulch capping for their kills.

Or somehow coad it to where planes shot on runway are scored in the attack scores. 
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 09:02:01 AM »
I agree completely Zazen. It seems a pretty simple thing to implement, the FE just tots up the number of red and green icons in visible range at the time of each kill and bases the score multiplier on that. If you want to complicate it a bit further you could weight the effect by each icon's range at that time as well, i.e. closer icons have more effect.

Score isn't about realism anyway, its about making the game work. Currently the score system encourages gang banging and running away if there's any chance of a fair fight etc. This change would encourage people who care about score to seek out more balanced fights and would therefore help those who don't care to find them too. I can't think of anything that would make as a big a difference to MA gameplay for such a small change to the code.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:05:15 AM »
Nice Yarbles.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 09:36:54 AM »
They could do away with fighter scores; just have Attack, Bomber and GV scores.  Or, just do away with scores.  But since this is a game, and games need some kind of scoring system for those who need to justify their existence, we make do with what we have.  No matter what is done, someone will find a way to work around the rules to artificially inflate their score because they have nothing else in their life to make them feel good about themselves.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »

Where you fight is your choice, hence it is the players choice how he wants to compete.

HiTech

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 10:20:36 AM »
"Anyone who shows up for a fair fight is unprepared."

"When going to a gunfight, bring a gun.  Bring two guns.  Bring all your friends with guns."

I can't remember who these are properly attributed to, but they're featured on Magpul's website.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 10:32:20 AM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 02:40:08 PM »
Or somehow coad it to where planes shot on runway are scored in the attack scores. 

I agree!!

Vulchers aren't "fighting" anything.

They may as well be fighting defensless buildings.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »
I agree!!

Vulchers aren't "fighting" anything.

They may as well be fighting defensless buildings.

Can you see the vulchers from the tower? Yessss.
Can you move to another field? Yesssss.
And who should suffer for your choice?

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »

HiTech

Who is this guy???  Why does he never get PNG'd??   :D

It is obviously not the real HT as all the letters are there and in the right order.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »

HiTech

After the new anti noe change and ridiculous radar circles, you're kidding right?
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »
There is a certain satisfaction derived from HOing a vultcher  OTR yes.....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 03:31:34 PM »
After the new anti noe change and ridiculous radar circles, you're kidding right?

He isn't kidding and he's merely casting light on a facet of game play.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC