Author Topic: Fighter Score system  (Read 8890 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fighter Score system
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 05:47:01 PM »
That being said, my own fighter score would massively benefit from removing K/H, always being my "worst" category ;)

yeah same, I notice we fly similar planes/sortie profiles too. if i ever get round to learning some Deutsch we should wing ;)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »
if i ever get round to learning some Deutsch we should wing ;)

Don't sweat it, I'm not talking German in game either. The Black-Knights(GER)'s have tried for years talking me into winging up with them, to no avail  ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 08:04:45 PM »
In alot of cases fighter rank has nothing to do with ones knowledge of ACMs. But rather ones skill at the art of playing the stats game. Yes there are several around here that are deserving of the fighter rank they have, but most are not IMHO.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 08:08:45 PM »
In alot of cases fighter rank has nothing to do with ones knowledge of ACMs. But rather ones skill at the art of playing the stats game. Yes there are several around here that are deserving of the fighter rank they have, but most are not IMHO.

I am totally deserving of my #756 fighter rank, so much so that I made my fiance get a tramp stamp with those numbers.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »
 :rofl :rofl My wife wanted to know what I was laughing about. Showed her your post and she said, "he's not serious is he?"  :rofl 

I said why yes he is. How do you feel about getting a tattoo?  :devil
Lighten up Francis

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 10:44:29 PM »

Isn't that true of all ranks though?

Kayara wouldn't make a difference. as of right now NOE missions don't make bases flash till old radar settings. the only thing i don't like is up at a base try to get some alt and the enemy can see where your going what your doing. should be able to up at a base and grab some alt and look for a fight.

as of now what i am seeing is the enemy sees your dot upping and they up in horde and grab massive alt. just to get some what of a co alt fight you have to climb to 15k now.

just think the radar at 20 miles is over kill. if you want to keep it at 20 miles that's fine i don't care extend the bases from each other.

Wait, wait, wait a second.

You're complaining because you can't take off and get alt and position on the enemy because they can see you as soon as you take off and get alt and position on you?

:rofl

Really?

:devil

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 03:26:25 AM »

The system also encourages team play: winging up (not whingeing), situational awareness mutiplied as a consequence of flying with a few mates and someone to clear your six. Similarly one persoan is unlikely to be able to cap a base.

Strangely I went to the lake in the DA last night and instantly got ganged by 4 guys. I thought the DA wsas for fighting duels?

So being a good fighter pilot in ww2 wasn't fighting a series of duels. I think it was about gaining the advantage and using it and people flew in squads not on their own.

I still see no way of improving the current system other than say damage points per hour instead of just damage maybe but this would encourage people to declare so to speak (a cricketing term) after maybe one hour of play and then go atack for the rest of the tour.

So its a good system which promotes realism and game play.

I think my squad has a good balance . People rip it up in the MA but also fight duels in the da.

The current system gives allot of different ways to play if you are interested in score as part of the fun :aok

BTW the noe types can go and kill a load of radars before they launch. Tactics  ;)

Capping and vulching are another aspect of the game which it makes it more dynamic. If people choose to pad their scores in this way they are only benefiting from the foolishness of others who normally work it out eventually.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:45:50 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »

:aok  Absolutely.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 02:24:04 PM »
vulching is now equivalent to sneak attacking an undefended base?  I dont think so tim...

I have killed PLENTY of people vulching a capped base either by spraying them in a OTR IL2 or getting into a gun.  When neither of those work I either up a GV.  If worse case go to nearest field and spawn a nearby GV and just fly over and kill the cappers.

before i stopped flying on a regular basis, i was having some fun de-acking a small base. it seemed as soon as i did that, the gv's all came out......then i'd fly down the runway as if i was gonna vulch the planes, but not do it,......and see how many passes i could make before i got kilt.
 one of the funny things from that, was when a bomber drone lifted off right in front of me....i collided with him....and almost couldn't take off again, i was laughing so hard.  :D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
Hmm combat takes 2 planes 1 enemy 1 friendly.

NOE attacking undefended field one 1 country.

So you were saying?

HiTech

theoretically, it can take two enemy planes........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
I agree.   But then they'd find another thing to whine about.

ooooooo....stop whining about people whining!!

:D
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 12:01:16 PM »
theoretically, it can take two enemy planes........
the basic concept.  One monkey with a stone attacking another monkey with a stone.  War.  It takes two to war. 

The problem that HTC has faced since the introduction of static targets, is the human behavior of avoiding conflict directly with other humans when possible, and instead throwing eggs at the enemy house.  AH has fallen more towards the house egging as of late....but its their game and they are managing it.  Balancing it.  That's what the dar reduction and NOE restrictions were all about.  Them managing an imbalance.  Its got to be tricky for them.

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 12:17:09 PM »
the basic concept.  One monkey with a stone attacking another monkey with a stone.  War.  It takes two to war. 

The problem that HTC has faced since the introduction of static targets, is the human behavior of avoiding conflict directly with other humans when possible, and instead throwing eggs at the enemy house.  AH has fallen more towards the house egging as of late....but its their game and they are managing it.  Balancing it.  That's what the dar reduction and NOE restrictions were all about.  Them managing an imbalance.  Its got to be tricky for them.

oo i know. i was trying to be sarcastically funny.

i don't envy them though........try as the might to keep all of us happy, no matter what they do, there'll be some butwipe wanting to complain about something.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 05:44:29 PM »
There's a score?
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 05:55:47 PM »
Missed you Yanks. ;)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC