Author Topic: A night in the life of a vet who came back  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Money

• Copper Member
Re: A night in the life of a vet who came back
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
the absolute best fights are always with my Muppet brothers, very recently I had a fight with one, (mind you I had no idea a muppet was in that K4)I was in a KI84 he was in a K4, a great fight ensued I had E and ALT at start of fight, I was trying to be aggressive but reserved at same time, after a couple of attacks I knew the guy was good, it went on for a bit more, him trying to negate my E, me trying to kill him without losing E, I eventually gave the con a shot, while I missed all mine...he didn't....Kappa shot you down....
 I knew as soon as the shot landed it was a Muppet on the other end, figured it was Grizz  :lol   nope.

I think the intent of his post is getting lost.  Why is it so hard to simply log in and fly with squadies/friends?  Why is the burden of seeking the fun placed on the playing customers?  Not knowing when RL will allow me time to login, I fully appreciate this post.

Money-ofthewantsaneasybutton tribe
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:07:24 PM by Money »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 08:15:17 PM »
No worries.  Just made me wonder as I bumped into a fight the other night with Muppets shooting Muppets.  Having been killed by squaddies on the other side more then once myself......:)
Ink owes me 20 perks from a 4 hog :(
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »
Ink owes me 20 perks from a 4 hog :(

FLOTSOM still wishes he had the screen shot of his

You shot down JETSOM :rofl

see he has no proof he ever killed me...hehe

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »
HiTech,

You do understand the fact that the majority of people who play this game really dislike the caps you have implemented for one reason or another. Here's an idea, remove them and let paying subscribers "choose" which arena they would rather fly in. If one arena achieves "cess-pool" status then let those players who can't handle it "choose" to fly in another arena, the less populated one. I on the other hand will dive right in and 'ave it large like the good old days. Honest to God this game just isn't the same since caps were put in place.

Right, enough QQing from me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:02:23 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 10:24:33 PM »
HiTech,

You do understand the fact that the majority of people who play this game really dislike the caps you have implemented for one reason or another. Here's an idea, remove them and let paying subscribers "choose" which arena they would rather fly in. If one arena achieves "cess-pool" status then let those players who can't handle it "choose" to fly in another arena, the less populated one. I on the other hand will dive right in and 'ave it large like the good old days. Honest to God this game just isn't the same since caps were put in place.

Well, even though you dispatched me to the tower in humiliating fashion a few days ago, I'll by you a beer for that paragraph.  :cheers:

:airplane:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »
Nope, he called me a "moran" because I suggested he ask his squad to switch sides for an hour to fly with him.   :lol

No I called you a name because you didn't read my original post and made a dumb comment with a suggestion I covered in my original post. See what I said about arena numbers, and the rook (I was on) had over 2-1 advantage on bish. I guess you didn't understand they also had over 1.5-1 over knight... but I wouldn't have mentioned country numbers otherwise.

Your suggestion of asking squaddies from a dogfighting squad to willingly join the biggest horde in the arena is absurd, hence the moniker.

<S> many of you old vets, nice to see you around still. This wasn't the first night back, I've been here for over a week. As someone said: some good, some bad.

This was an epiphany though. I've been reading for years the talk about arena and country limits, but it never effected me (how seldom I fly). I am full on the bandwagon of removing caps, and side switching limits... especially of someone is trying to even out the fight by joining the lower number country.

Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 09:18:01 AM »
Welcome back.  I agree that Caps can be a major problem and would like them to be removed.  I think side switching limits need to be extended to stop spying. But spying is a part of war and I can live with it.  I did suggest a change in the wish list board to assign each player a default home country and retain the limits of changing the default home country to weekly, but add a button at signon that would allow a player the option of automaticly being placed into the country with the lowest numbers within an arena at any time.  This would promote balanced sides and would have allowed you entry to join your squad.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 09:37:27 AM »
HiTech,

+1 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »
Hmmm, did you even ask them to switch to your side...even for just a couple of hours?  Perhaps they don't miss you that much.
Stick to augering and less flaming. Youre better at it  :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 09:58:33 AM »
HiTech,

+ 100
But we all know thats a pipe dream.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 10:25:56 AM »
lets take it to its logical conclusion

one mother of all arenas where there are no caps and all rides enabled, no radar, no perks needed.

Ya, leave all other arenas open just for S&Gs.  let the masses choose for themselves.  just have this one super arena up.

See how far that goes.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »

one mother of all arenas where there are no caps and all rides enabled, no radar, no perks needed.

Ya, leave all other arenas open just for S&Gs.  let the masses choose for themselves.  just have this one super arena up.

See how far that goes.

That's not what is being asked for.  What is being asked for is the arenas as they are now but remove the caps from the LW arenas.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
That's not what is being asked for. 
It's what I am asking for.  Don't you think it would be a grand idea?  a MOTHER of all Arenas!  I think it's a grand idea.

Lets try it!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2010, 11:54:13 AM »

See how far that goes.

Put down the crackpipe and step away from the keyboard.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
Put down the crackpipe and step away from the keyboard.
you will need to do a lot better than that.  the old crack pipe thing is so 90s.  Get with it already.