Author Topic: Individual Sounds in Update  (Read 10976 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: Individual Sounds in Update
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
That's one thing I don't like about the new sound system, the inability to adjust the individual sounds like in the previous version. 

+1

Perhaps they'll introduce a happy medium allowing for some sounds to be manipulated...
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
How do i save the Silent sound Baumer posted? it takes me to the link and plays in quick time  (i think)

i understand how to swap it and rename copies of it for the things i dont want to hear!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:13 PM »
right click the link then 'save target as'.

then select a folder or desktop where you can easily find it and download.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2010, 09:07:57 PM »
right click the link then 'save target as'.

then select a folder or desktop where you can easily find it and download.

Thanks mech thats what i thought but wasnt sure!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2010, 11:28:13 PM »
Part of what's going on with the sound change is to greatly expand the number of sounds in the game.  Doing that and retaining individual sound controls is just not feasible.  I don't know of any other games that are setup that way. 

We are going to have to make some adjustments to individual sounds and try to find a happy medium on different sound volume levels on different setups.  Aside from that, custom sounds still work so you can always put in a different sound.

It isn't the lack of custom sounds that is the problem.  I can't even hear if my flaps are moving, if my gear is going up or down. Losing the ability to control individual sounds is a big hit. I will get use to the new terrains. It is a little unsettling now not knowing where everything is but I will learn that.  But losing sound control, geez Pyro that one hurt.  Some newbie sitting in a GV and won't shutdown his engine.  You can't hear anything else.  Now, we can't tune him out.  I give you guys an B+ for the new change but an F for the sound change.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2010, 11:43:57 PM »
Now we are comparing HTC to those other...... Slobs.................   Oh WOW...........     A tad contradictory, no?

I don't know of any other games that are setup that way. 

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline medic341

• Copper Member
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2010, 12:24:58 PM »
Part of what's going on with the sound change is to greatly expand the number of sounds in the game.  Doing that and retaining individual sound controls is just not feasible.  I don't know of any other games that are setup that way. 

We are going to have to make some adjustments to individual sounds and try to find a happy medium on different sound volume levels on different setups.  Aside from that, custom sounds still work so you can always put in a different sound.

Full Kudos on the set up give us back the ability to adjust our own sounds. I have squadies ready to leave AH. I was 300 from a squadie and he could not hear me in a gv. He turns his sounds up and can't hear anything but himself.
Again great job on the up-date. But please loose the sound pack.

Thanking you in advance
Medic341

RIP SWfire

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »
Full Kudos on the set up give us back the ability to adjust our own sounds. I have squadies ready to leave AH. I was 300 from a squadie and he could not hear me in a gv. He turns his sounds up and can't hear anything but himself.
Again great job on the up-date. But please loose the sound pack.

Thanking you in advance

LOL!!! good luck with that. Get use to it, it isn't going away. HTC most likely will tweak it, and maybe add a couple options, but it's here to stay.  :aok

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
When we were crawling around on all fours, at some point one of them creatures stood up and attempted to walk around.  Now you know all of his buddies were calling him a fool as he kept falling over, and over and over, but sooner or later he got it mastered.  So the next time a predator was sneaking through the grass looking for a lunch snack, the one standing saw him coming first and started running for the trees, he was also able to dodge just a bit better because his head position was an advantage, so he made it to the trees and his buddies who were laughing earlier got eaten.

Well all the fools on all fours got eaten, where the one standing got laid, passed on them genes and and watched his kids grow up with a better chance of survival.

These days, we understand that to survive you must progress or you either get eaten or just left behind at best.   Either this game progresses or becomes the "remember when we used to play..."

If you or your friends quit now you are going to miss out on the improvements the rest of us are patient enough to enjoy.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2010, 02:44:12 PM »
Full Kudos on the set up give us back the ability to adjust our own sounds. I have squadies ready to leave AH.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
When we were crawling around on all fours, at some point one of them creatures stood up and attempted to walk around.  Now you know all of his buddies were calling him a fool as he kept falling over, and over and over, but sooner or later he got it mastered.  So the next time a predator was sneaking through the grass looking for a lunch snack, the one standing saw him coming first and started running for the trees, he was also able to dodge just a bit better because his head position was an advantage, so he made it to the trees and his buddies who were laughing earlier got eaten.

Trying to walk is moving forward. This one went back in the water.

More testing would have possibly made it ready for prime time. It is surprisingly terrible right now.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
Trying to walk is moving forward. This one went back in the water.
More testing would have possibly made it ready for prime time. It is surprisingly terrible right now.

Umm...

You know they did have a public test of this update, right? 3 of them in fact, not counting the previously aborted attempt? In fact, Pyro specifically recommended in one of those threads to have a thread dedicated to suggestions and request for sound balancing and such...

Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline medic341

• Copper Member
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2010, 08:10:55 PM »

Well all the fools on all fours got eaten, where the one standing got laid, passed on them genes and and watched his kids grow up with a better chance of survival.

These days, we understand that to survive you must progress or you either get eaten or just left behind at best.   Either this game progresses or becomes the "remember when we used to play..."

If you or your friends quit now you are going to miss out on the improvements the rest of us are patient enough to enjoy.

I'm not going anywhere. Still love the game :aok
Medic341

RIP SWfire

Offline Snoop

• Zinc Member
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »
Need to be able to adjust the sounds, can not find the stall buffet sound. I got rid of the warnings, but can not hear the gear or flaps and some of the sound will not play at all?????? Need a big time fix on this one. sorry 

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2010, 03:18:57 AM »
I apologize for this taking a lot of your screen space.  I haven't loaded the new version yet, so I captured and OCR'd the file names of individual sounds from the old version so you can look up the name to create a sound and put in the /sounds directory to use instead of a default (for example making a blank airraid.wav to kill the siren).

Engine:  eng.wav
Engine start: engstart.wav
Engine off:  engoff.wav
Damage: damage1.wav
Stall horn: stall.wav
Hit sound 1:  hit.wav
Hit sound 2:  hit_1.wav
Hit sound 3:  hit_2.wav
Hit sound 4:  hit_3.wav
Hit sound 5:  hit_4.wav
Hit sound 6:  hit_5.wav
Hit sound 7:  hit_6.wav
Tread: tread.wav
Ack: explode2.wav
Small explosion: explode1.wav
Large explosion: explode3.wav
Secondary explosion: explode4.wav
Boat engine: beng.wav
Boat start: bstart.wav
Boat stop: bstop.wav
Wake: wake.wav
Check 6: check6.wav
Jet engine: jeng.wav
Jet start:  jstart.wav
Bomb Whistle: whistle.wav
Extern Train: train.wav
Wheel wheel.wav
Air Raid: airraid.wav
Warning: warning.wav
Extern Rocket: reng.wav
Extern Rocket start: rstart.wav
Extern Rocket off: rstop.wav
Rocket engine: reng.wav
Rocket start: rstart.wav
Rocket stop: rstop.wav
Scrape: scrape.wav
Slat: slat.wav
Debris Hit: debris.wav
Vehicle Gas engine: gveng.wav
Vehicle Gas start: gvstart.wav
Vehicle Gas stop: gvstop.wav
Extern Gas Run: gveng.wav
Extern Gas Start: gvstart.wav
Extern Gas Stop: gvstop.wav
Extern Gas Move: wheel.wav
Stall Buffet: buffet.wav
Title Music: tmusic.wav
External Weapon:  explode1.wav
Tire Rumble: trumble.wav
Eng Knock:  knock1.wav

Kudos  :aok 715 Thanks, that is very useful information.  Between you and Baumer, and other posters I have been able to edit some files using the sound recorder that comes with Windows XP.  It is a process that has to be done for individual planes, but doesn't take long at all.  So, my fix has been to edit the vehicles that I plan to use and build on those.

MilesObrien,

I can understand the frustration of longtime players with a change of this magnitude concerning the elimination of the sound level controls.  Everything else has been a big step in the right direction.  I think the solution will come soon enough or someone will make a tolerable sound pack to share.  In the mean time, it is better to tell players to follow the advice of those who seem to have a handle on how to make the current sounds customizable, than to chastise them for being annoyed.