Author Topic: Individual Sounds in Update  (Read 11059 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Individual Sounds in Update
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2010, 03:12:08 PM »
I don't think this sound system is making things worse in any way. Heck, this is a simulator and being allowed to hear other tanks/aircraft while you don't hear yours is just silly. We cannot be allowed to fine tune every existing sounds in the game... we are not admins and no game designers. We were too lucky to have such a luxury and now, we are back to reality. So stop acting like crybabies and enjoy the update.

Except that the sound files can still be replaced with blanks. And that the representation of distance has been massacred, seemingly along with directionality for 2.1 sound system.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »
How do we turn the whine sound down? Its deafening.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »
Except that the sound files can still be replaced with blanks. And that the representation of distance has been massacred, seemingly along with directionality for 2.1 sound system.

I'm sure they'll get minor fixes fixed in a patch. They must be getting tired of working on this Miles sound system only to get it removed and reworked again and again.
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2010, 03:15:01 PM »
How do we turn the whine sound down? Its deafening.

Might I suggest a "computer illiterate" level set of instructions on the AH II Main Page for setting certain sounds to null?  (You know, "See a step, Do a step, Get a banana" level)

Download Bosco's blank sounds.
Rename sound files to match the sound you want to kill. (If you don't know the proper names, download a soundpack and work it out.)
Paste into "sounds" folder in the AH install directory.
Great success.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »
They must be getting tired of working on this Miles sound system only to get it removed and reworked again and again.

That's why I figured they'd have it pinned by now; I can understand a few outliers cropping up, but I'm not sure how widespread things like the explosion issues and VOX can just fly through so many layers of testing.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »
Right now, everything is much more immersive and realistic.

I beg to differ.

I am not asking for the old sound system to be brought back, but hearing tanks engines, tank guns, and shells landing like they are right on top of you, but they are really not anywhere near you (a couple K away), along with hearing the others plane's engine and guns that are louder than mine while passing each other in a merge. I don't consider that anywhere near realistic ... immersive yes ... just a little too immersive.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
I beg to differ.

I am not asking for the old sound system to be brought back, but hearing tanks engines, tank guns, and shells landing like they are right on top of you, but they are really not anywhere near you (a couple K away), along with hearing the others plane's engine and guns that are louder than mine while passing each other in a merge. I don't consider that anywhere near realistic ... immersive yes ... just a little too immersive.

Pssst...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,293325.msg0.html#new

Lets Hope this fixed it! :aok
 :salute
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41:48 PM »
Pssst...

Fingers crossed ... I knew they would be getting right on top of this ... it will just be a matter of time and patience.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »
Looks good. Maybe now we can focus on the real problems of caps and radar. Lol jk
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2010, 03:57:51 PM »
Looks good. Maybe now we can focus on the real problems of caps and radar. Lol jk

Let's not forget about ENY and Spit 16s too ... :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »
I beg to differ.

I agree, this does need tweaking. Last night during a lull in an air/ground assault several of us were circling around a field all swearing that something was shelling the field, but no one could see anything. Turns out it was a tank shelling the town, but it sure sounded like it was on the field.

Overall I like the new sounds. I'll have to put in softer engine sounds, though, not to be gamey but because those big ol' Double Wasps and Wright Cyclones are making my head hurt. That might be realistic, but then, turning the AC down to -10F and playing in heavy winter clothes would be realistic too, and I ain't doing that either.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »
Ok here is a zip file that has the three most requested (complained about) sounds at a much quieter level.

Thanks a million, Baumer!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2010, 04:09:35 PM »
Pssst...

ok i'm gonna be the first.. and probably only one to whine.. what happened to the siren!??!?

I actually miss it.

but I can do without, I suppose :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
I apologize for this taking a lot of your screen space.  I haven't loaded the new version yet, so I captured and OCR'd the file names of individual sounds from the old version so you can look up the name to create a sound and put in the /sounds directory to use instead of a default (for example making a blank airraid.wav to kill the siren).

Engine:  eng.wav
Engine start: engstart.wav
Engine off:  engoff.wav
Damage: damage1.wav
Stall horn: stall.wav
Hit sound 1:  hit.wav
Hit sound 2:  hit_1.wav
Hit sound 3:  hit_2.wav
Hit sound 4:  hit_3.wav
Hit sound 5:  hit_4.wav
Hit sound 6:  hit_5.wav
Hit sound 7:  hit_6.wav
Tread: tread.wav
Ack: explode2.wav
Small explosion: explode1.wav
Large explosion: explode3.wav
Secondary explosion: explode4.wav
Boat engine: beng.wav
Boat start: bstart.wav
Boat stop: bstop.wav
Wake: wake.wav
Check 6: check6.wav
Jet engine: jeng.wav
Jet start:  jstart.wav
Bomb Whistle: whistle.wav
Extern Train: train.wav
Wheel wheel.wav
Air Raid: airraid.wav
Warning: warning.wav
Extern Rocket: reng.wav
Extern Rocket start: rstart.wav
Extern Rocket off: rstop.wav
Rocket engine: reng.wav
Rocket start: rstart.wav
Rocket stop: rstop.wav
Scrape: scrape.wav
Slat: slat.wav
Debris Hit: debris.wav
Vehicle Gas engine: gveng.wav
Vehicle Gas start: gvstart.wav
Vehicle Gas stop: gvstop.wav
Extern Gas Run: gveng.wav
Extern Gas Start: gvstart.wav
Extern Gas Stop: gvstop.wav
Extern Gas Move: wheel.wav
Stall Buffet: buffet.wav
Title Music: tmusic.wav
External Weapon:  explode1.wav
Tire Rumble: trumble.wav
Eng Knock:  knock1.wav

Offline milesobrian

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2010, 05:48:03 PM »
How many times have you thought that with every update they've had?  One has to wonder if guys like you have absolutely no patience.

Am I the only one to remember the horror so many people had when HTC updated the graphics???  This too will be tweaked and this too will pass and this too will be a very positive thing.  

Patience is virtue.    :)

seriously the people here are such....babies its like they thrive on this kinda stuff and then you have those idiots in the wishlist forum who basically troll on every thread where someone is actually wishing for something in the wishlist forum.  At least skuzzy and others are starting to do something about that. They are probably the same people who criticize others on 200 for doing things like hoing or other perfectly normal tactics, that for what ever reasons they disagree with.  The only thing in coming is that they were killed and they just want to complain and belittle their killer any way possible..... I can see these idiots in real life getting pissed at things that are perfectly normal and out of their control....
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:54:16 PM by milesobrian »