Author Topic: Making Sense of the New Health Care Rules  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Making Sense of the New Health Care Rules
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »
Have you been in an emergency room of late here in the USA? You are already paying for it along with the rest of us that have health insurance.

I've said that a few times already in this thread.

They don't understand that the Uninsured and the fiscally irresponsible still get their health care paid for. Do you think that money magically appears in the hospital's hands? No, your insurance company pays (ie higher co-pays or a greater weekly cost to you) higher costs to the hospital or the State in which you live reimburses the hospital (the State increases your taxes).

If you don't want everyone to have healthcare, you need to put a bullet in each of their heads when they come to the hospital without a method of paying for the service.

(I'm jesting with that last sentence, but no one ever gets turned away, regardless of money)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 07:46:02 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2010, 12:37:01 AM »
Nor should they be Delirium.

The problem is that we have our money extended to the entire world before we help our own countrymen. Americas health care should be for Americans ONLY and then anyone that can come here with the money to pay for care should get it. The way this law is written the only things that will actually be taken care of are pharmaceutical companies and government ponzi schemes like medicare and social security. You as an average person without the money to pay yourself for the care you receive will instead receive worse healthcare under the new system. You will come to understand this when you have to wait for the first time a period of fourteen months to see a doctor for the flu or a nasty cold that wont go away. In the meanwhile businesses will not be creating jobs because its too expensive to add employees because of this bill and more bills to come. When rationing kicks in hte elderly will be denied healthcare (its coming deny it all you want) and eventually age restrictions will be implemented. Like I said this is not about providing you with healthcare. It never was about that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2010, 02:55:39 AM »
I've said that a few times already in this thread.

They don't understand that the Uninsured and the fiscally irresponsible still get their health care paid for. Do you think that money magically appears in the hospital's hands? No, your insurance company pays (ie higher co-pays or a greater weekly cost to you) higher costs to the hospital or the State in which you live reimburses the hospital (the State increases your taxes).

If you don't want everyone to have healthcare, you need to put a bullet in each of their heads when they come to the hospital without a method of paying for the service.

(I'm jesting with that last sentence, but no one ever gets turned away, regardless of money)

just an FYI.....i am uninsured. and my health care does indeed get paid. either in cash, or one of my business checks.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2010, 07:21:41 AM »
Nor should they be Delirium.

You will come to understand this when you have to wait for the first time a period of fourteen months to see a doctor for the flu or a nasty cold that wont go away. In the meanwhile businesses will not be creating jobs because its too expensive to add employees because of this bill and more bills to come. When rationing kicks in hte elderly will be denied healthcare (its coming deny it all you want) and eventually age restrictions will be implemented. Like I said this is not about providing you with healthcare. It never was about that.

14 months??  Is your Doctor is on Mars??

I just ring our family GP in the morning to get an appointment, the Kids are free on medicare and because I work if I need to see the doc - I pay $30, but can go down to the local shopping centre and get my costs rebated on the spot from the medicare office. Public usually just means the govt pays the bills...just like they pay for roads, schools, the fire department, the police, the army, pensions etc etc using our taxes - just like their supposed to do ie. provide services

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
govt pays the bills...just like they pay for
Umm...who do you think 'they' is?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2010, 08:45:23 AM »

I just ring our family GP in the morning to get an appointment, the Kids are free on medicare and because I work if I need to see the doc - I pay $30, but can go down to the local shopping centre and get my costs rebated on the spot from the medicare office. Public usually just means the govt pays the bills...just like they pay for roads, schools, the fire department, the police, the army, pensions etc etc using our taxes - just like their supposed to do ie. provide services

Tronsky

and where does the govt. get their money?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2010, 08:55:36 AM »
stay focus guys don't get the thread locked, like it or not it is the law now so might s well use this thread to learn as much as we can about it and how it affect us.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »

Tronsky

and where does the govt. get their money?
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »
just an FYI.....i am uninsured. and my health care does indeed get paid. either in cash, or one of my business checks.

That is why I wrote this;

They don't understand that the uninsured and the fiscally irresponsible still get their health care paid for.

Obviously, you're not indigent so that doesn't apply to you.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2010, 10:46:10 AM »
You as an average person without the money to pay yourself for the care you receive will instead receive worse healthcare under the new system.

How do know? I haven't read the bill in its entirety, have you? Can you prove we will receive inadequate health care with this new system? No one really knows how this will play out in the end, including the other countries that currently have national health care since the US is so vastly different economically and in regards to our greater populace numbers.

The status quo isn't working, we need some kind of action. I'm not saying that this route is the best solution, but doing nothing is far worse.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »
I know that its already costing me more. I had a prescription refilled a couiple of days ago that 3 months ago cost me $3.00. Now it cost me over $12.00.

Guess my company health insurance is gonna jump 4x as well.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2010, 02:17:48 PM »
How do know? I haven't read the bill in its entirety, have you? Can you prove we will receive inadequate health care with this new system? No one really knows how this will play out in the end, including the other countries that currently have national health care since the US is so vastly different economically and in regards to our greater populace numbers.

The status quo isn't working, we need some kind of action. I'm not saying that this route is the best solution, but doing nothing is far worse.

Actually, the status quo is fine for 84% of us
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2010, 06:17:51 PM »
I have no copayments whatsoever.  no doctor's, meds, nothing zilch, nada.  my total cost is 150 bucks a month, I am lucky to have this insurance.  On the other hand 9 years ago, i had no insurance, was unemployed, and spend 36 hours waiting at the er with pneumonia.  that's right 36 hours, 1/2 the time I was passed out in the waiting room.  I ended up having to go home without seeing a doctor.

I dont want no expensive insurance for the people that cannot afford it, or lucky enough that employers dont offer it, or anything more than what the leaders in our government consider fair to them.  that includes, senators, reps, president, vice-president, etc.  If it's good enough for them, its good enough for me and the rest of us. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »
I have no copayments whatsoever.  no doctor's, meds, nothing zilch, nada.  my total cost is 150 bucks a month, I am lucky to have this insurance.  On the other hand 9 years ago, i had no insurance, was unemployed, and spend 36 hours waiting at the er with pneumonia.  that's right 36 hours, 1/2 the time I was passed out in the waiting room.  I ended up having to go home without seeing a doctor.

I dont want no expensive insurance for the people that cannot afford it, or lucky enough that employers dont offer it, or anything more than what the leaders in our government consider fair to them.  that includes, senators, reps, president, vice-president, etc.  If it's good enough for them, its good enough for me and the rest of us. 

semp

i've been to the er twice that i can remember. once was for my broken wrist. was in in less than an hour.

the second time was when i sliced my arm open on a piece of aluminum. i waited for maybe 3 hours......but there were a lot of amberlamps coming in too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »
Wait... what?  Wasn't this locked?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.