Author Topic: Making Sense of the New Health Care Rules  (Read 2240 times)

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Making Sense of the New Health Care Rules
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:23:03 PM »
https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=advice_health_care_2010

Use this simple timeline to understand what the changes mean to you and when they're rolling out.

Very helpful...this is the best overview I have seen on how it will affect me in terms of health care. Saw it on another forum and since it's already done, just wanted to share the facts.

This is sharing info about health care and is not intended to start a political discussion.

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Re: Making Sense of the New Health Care Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 06:59:03 PM »
Good link, sending this to my (near retirement age) parents.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:57:22 AM »
Nice find Rogwar  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:38 AM »
Most businessmen I know will be culling the herd and putting a freeze on hiring.

People want healthcare..... but they don't want to pay for it. I have 5 employees who opted out of our health plan. To the man each said they could not afford their share of the payment. We pay our employees insurance 100% but they have to cover any additional family members they want covered. Also to the man when asked how much they would like to pay, they would not give a dollar amount. What that means is they want it free. The lowest paid of these employees still makes 45k a year.

Now everyone will have to pay for healthcare... want to or not. The only folks who truely benefit are the nonproductive members of our society. You can bet there will soon be many more of those.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:24:32 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 10:22:35 AM »
Well, that thread made it 4 posts.  Thanks Rog, this is a good breakdown.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:25:36 AM »
Good post, if only people will control themselves.... I give it til the end of the day to be locked.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:32:32 AM »
I had to lol at the 10% tax on indoor tanning. Says it is the first of several new taxes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:34:15 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »
I give it til the end of the day to be locked.
maybe sooner

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
I had to lol at the 10% tax on indoor tanning. Says it is the first of several new taxes.

If anyone wants to tax things that aren't essential for day to day life, who cares? If you want it bad enough, you'll pay for it.

I'm sure you'll argue 'slippery slope', but the money for all these medical entitlements has to come from somewhere.

(for the record, I'm neither for nor against the new changes. If done properly, it could help a lot of people but rarely is anything done correctly in a government bureaucracy, regardless of which party/political view is in control.)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:40:31 AM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »
If anyone wants to tax things that aren't essential for day to day life, who cares? If you want it bad enough, you'll pay for it.

I know...this isn't the right topic, but I just wanted to reply with a point of view:  Who decides what is essential for day to day life, and what to tax?

The argument could be that tanning is essential to John Smith's daily life because it does something positive for his emotional well being.  He may have a disposition for some type of depression when he's pale, so he tans, and it makes him happy.

Yeah, it's a stretch, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see this type of argument going to the courts for any of the "sin taxes" that we're going to have.

Thanks for the link in the original post. :)

mir
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
Most businessmen I know will be culling the herd and putting a freeze on hiring.

People want healthcare..... but they don't want to pay for it. I have 5 employees who opted out of our health plan. To the man each said they could not afford their share of the payment. We pay our employees insurance 100% but they have to cover any additional family members they want covered. Also to the man when asked how much they would like to pay, they would not give a dollar amount. What that means is they want it free. The lowest paid of these employees still makes 45k a year.

Now everyone will have to pay for healthcare... want to or not. The only folks who truely benefit are the nonproductive members of our society. You can bet there will soon be many more of those.

That's true of everything though.  Schools, roads, military.  It's so much easier if you just don't know what you're actually paying for.

I assume if those above employees who are opting out need health care they then become "The only folks who truely benefit are the nonproductive members of our society"?

Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
And here we go!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »

I assume if those above employees who are opting out need health care they then become "The only folks who truely benefit are the nonproductive members of our society"?

wrongway

They pay their own bill.

The non-productive is just that... those that do not want to work.  They live off of the sweat of others on their handouts.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
INcredible.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 04:07:18 PM »
Yep, this one is going to die on the vine as there is no way you can discuss this without bringing up politics.  I'll give it another hour.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com