Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10050 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 07:26:43 PM »
:rofl  Shame on you and how dare you see it too!! 
Thats exactley where it is now, it was like that in the other arena as well, just terrible. 
I went rook, they had a base right next to the strats and HQ,  3 of us (all three of us were noobs) took out the HQ thus the radar of the nits with only 2 guys defending it, or at least trying.  There was no desire to even maintain any sort of fight on knit and rook front especially that close to the strats and HQ.   :rolleyes:

Knitland Operational Strategy 101, ordnance 12, subsection 3;  As to defending a two-horde two-country front, of which individualy each horde outnumbers our entire country and it's defencive forces and often times with both agressors at pease with each other, it is acceptable to abandon one front so that one enemy may advance unheeded and allowed to achieve a speedy victory (often times, still taking days to achieve this :rolleyes: ) to facilitate a speedy map rotation/change, while all Knitland forces assemble to defend and overwhelm the other enemy horde, racking up quick and easy many perkies.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »
For anyone who hasn't been playing this game for at least 7 years you just wouldn't understand.

I know, ya'll say I look at this game through a fogged memory, but it has changed a lot since the old days. Back then you could have an uneven numbered situation like 5 on 2, and 2 or 3 of the 5 would just circle and watch the fight and only join in if one of his teammates got shot down.

"Bingo" meant I'm out and the enemy gave you a salute and told you head see ya when you can back, instead of chasing you down with 12 of his closest friends just so one of you could have the kill.

You would spend hours fighting the same 10 guys over and over a gain and nobody would be PMing or swearing over 200. Even the good natured "ribbing" was done with a bunch of laughs.

The only frustration in the game was when you had to make a run to the bathroom because you just couldn't hold it any longer.

It is much harder to find a good fight these days and I really enjoy those that I find. My frustration level climbs quickly when those few fights are destroyed by some Ahole that just NEEDS the kill and has to pick, or HO. It seems to me that some of that has come back with the changes HTC has made. Is it better, yes, is it like it use to be, not even close, but I'll take what I can get and hope things continue to improve. Until then my wife likes having me hang around with her more than I fly.  :cry
Seems like has to do more with people than the game itself. HTC can't control how people play the game. How would propose HTC control HO's and people jumping in vs circling above watching a fight? As far as PM'ing again this a person on the other end...not the game itself.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline drfritz

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2010, 12:23:23 AM »
been playing for years and game play of late is just sad.. just take a look at both late war arenas on 8 9 10. not one major battle to be found with rooks and knights all night long.not a whole lot of fun getting ganged night after night gents..  held our own well at 9. but lost lots of bases to knights. thats whats happens when your out #4 to 1 . 58 bish on to the 190 knights and rooks. eny? give me a brake..... no way to fix it when two sides refuse to engage each other.I hate to have looks for another game to play(pickings are really thin) but this style of game play sucks. not going to swych sides and add fuel to the freaking gang bang either. if htc whants this kind of play then theers going to be lots of players saying so long.only bright spot anymore is fso. not wasting 15 a month to play once a week. And bye the way. this knight rook treaty.for a better word has been going one for some time. in one arena or another.go ahead and let the flaming start.my ego could care less.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2010, 01:24:35 AM »
I really believe keeping squads down to 8-10 players max and using small maps in arenas capped at 119 max each would be alot better for gameplay wise than these huge maps with 250-300 players.   If you disagree and like the LW arenas you have now then eat your cake.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2010, 02:03:01 AM »
Besides Titanic Tuesday HTC could have a once a month TST, TSS. Two Sided Tuesday, Two Sided Sunday.

ENY would be rediculous as players ditched sides back and forth trying to get at low perk 262 and Tempests. With only two sides the hoarding, HOing and gamey play would be legion. There would only be one front to fight on across the map and I bet most actions would be based on alt and avoiding combat to get the target. At least there would be no running away to an uncontested corner to sneak feilds that would last for very long. ENY with 262 costing 10 points might be a reality as everyone wanted to be on the winning side near the end.

Just think guys. One night a tour to look forward to. Only two sides. Everyone on each side will know the moment an attack is coming down the single front line. If you realy want to take territory you will need cooperation from other sqauds and groups of players to perform feints and takes across the single front. Ch200 would be a chest thumpers and whiners wet dream. Heck, HTC would probably need to hire extra moderators for the night. What if HTC changed winning the war that night with a special map for the occasion. Say a backfeild with three smaller strat factory cities that you destroyed 50% of each and kept that way. While taking and holding 3 or 4 designated airfeilds along the front. Large scale capture the flag.

Personaly I don't think this much doing the right thing side balancing effort is possible out of this community. Past experience tells me many of the community would opt out for the easy way of turning it into a 5 to 1 sided super hoard. I know, some of us just happen to have freinds or our squad is on that super hoard side and it's your $14.95 if you want to fly 499 against 1. It's only a game.....and it's some one elses fault. I just want to be with my freinds or else.....

Still, one night a tour we could have had a two sided war. Ahhhh, but then, all of you JSO squad generals. We know you would ruin it just to spite the whole community like back in the single MA days when you showed us all you could shut down the MA for one night. These are the only downsides to squads and HTC giving us anything nice besides 3 sides, multiple arenas, ENY, and moderators. And we are so derned clever because we did it to oursleves in broad daylight with hundreds of witnesses....... :lol
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2010, 10:09:49 AM »
Global Warming weakend the main spring in my joystick and now I can't hold the nose still long enough to shoot anyone down, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa. :cry

Feel better now..... :cheers:

We got a Winna    :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »
Seems like has to do more with people than the game itself. HTC can't control how people play the game. How would propose HTC control HO's and people jumping in vs circling above watching a fight? As far as PM'ing again this a person on the other end...not the game itself.

True... too many folks looking to get around the settings that HT imposes for games sake. Simple things even like squad size. HT makes it playable..... users try to change that.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »
Besides Titanic Tuesday HTC could have a once a month , Two Sided Sunday.
Why not have a day where everyone is the enemy.  No friendlies! a great vast FFA arena!  call it Catastrophic Thursday or something lolz
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2010, 11:11:18 AM »
Why not have a day where everyone is the enemy.  No friendlies! a great vast FFA arena!  call it Catastrophic Thursday or something lolz

oh man your onto something that would be pretty cool.  3 airfields,  3 vbases in the middle all uncapturable. :x
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
Free for All Fridays !! not everyone goes to FSO.
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2010, 12:17:18 PM »
oh man your onto something that would be pretty cool.  3 airfields,  3 vbases in the middle all uncapturable. :x

this would be a great idea but you know what the nay-sayers are gonna reply with.......

"you already have furball lake in the DA why do you also need the ma's for this??"

but a complete free for all one night a week in the MA's would be awesome! i think that with kill shooter off and collision on for both friendly and enemy would be the easiest way to accomplish this with out alot of changes.

wont matter what the icon color is if you know he can shoot and kill you youll shoot to kill him first :)

:airplane: :joystick: :headscratch: :airplane: :joystick: :noid :airplane: :joystick: :O :neener:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:devil
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2010, 12:19:21 PM »
Why not have a day where everyone is the enemy.  No friendlies! a great vast FFA arena!  call it Catastrophic Thursday or something lolz

That really would be the ultimate mindless furball. :)

This seems more like a once a year type event, but would be lots of fun.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:20:59 PM by grizz441 »

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
 :rofl
mobilis in mobile

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
Gonna be tough taking off that day.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2010, 01:18:18 PM »
this would be a great idea but you know what the nay-sayers are gonna reply with.......

"you already have furball lake in the DA why do you also need the ma's for this??"

but a complete free for all one night a week in the MA's would be awesome! i think that with kill shooter off and collision on for both friendly and enemy would be the easiest way to accomplish this with out alot of changes.

wont matter what the icon color is if you know he can shoot and kill you youll shoot to kill him first :)

:airplane: :joystick: :headscratch: :airplane: :joystick: :noid :airplane: :joystick: :O :neener:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:devil
That mentality justifies the OP's rant. It's all centered on what you want not what brings people to AH and keeps them coming back, not something that makes the main arenas better, not something that changes the lame behavior that people are so quick to whine about.

Furballs occur all the time in the LW mains. The length of time they last is determined by how long the fh or cv stays up.

In every furball, someone is going to HO, pick, kill steal, not call a check six, etc...and after a short while the furball stops being fun for the "you ain't got skillz unless you can 1v1" crowd, and they go find another fight. Or someone kills the fh and everyone yells at the "fun police".

In every furball someone is talkin trash about another persons lame behavior, as if there is some sort of ridiculous etiquette expected in a furball.

When you take away the ridiculous notions about what people think they want, it all boils down to - fighters want an opportunity to engage in an aerial battle, as long as it fits their silly ideology. Bombers want to be able to drop bombs and land with as many damage points as possible, without having to deal with someone trying to shoot them down. Tankers want to be able to have tank warz, without having to deal with someone dropping bombs on them. And the armchair generals are all trying to win the war and it doesn't matter who is doing what as long as they come running with every single "ALERT!!!"..."HELP"...blah blah blah.

But none of those groups wants to do anything without denying the others the ability to do what they want in the arenas provided for the overall community, or making silly requests for HTC to provide yet more resources just so a select few can have a few jollies. The best thing about all of that is the dueling arena has places for whatever people want to engage in, but no one wants to go there even though that is reason for it's existence. But hey, it's easier to ask HTC to declare 1 day a week <insert silly desire here> on the main arenas just so they can avoid going to the DA or making an attempt to actually think about what makes the main arenas fun.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:20:28 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett