Author Topic: Radar + Strategy  (Read 4113 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Radar + Strategy
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2010, 03:25:37 PM »
Um....I just came back after like 4 years and havent noticed a difference lol, what did they change with dar/radar?

-BigBOBCH

go into the midwar arena. you'll notice larger radar rings on the bases. you'll see the dot of an enemy con coming in, but he won't flash the base till he hits the point where the old radar rings used to be.
 that was in the lw arenas too, but it seems they've changed them back.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »
Believe it or not, it had a huge impact on many aspects of the game that you'd not have expected.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
Erm, whoopy? People are really crying about that?

-BigBOBCH

they still crying even though it's been changed back :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »
Can't we all just shutup and play :D

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2010, 03:56:23 PM »
Erm, whoopy? People are really crying about that?

Yes, we were.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
I get his point, and I get that there's a satisfaction gained from capturing a base.

My point is, that people (for the most part) log into a combat game to fight and have fun.  If you fight for two hours trying to capture/defend a base, is that not time well spent even if you don't end up capturing the base during the time you're online?
There are those who would say a soccer game that ends in a 0-0 tie was a good soccer game as long as it was "well fought."  There are others who say watching a game that you know usually ends with a 0-0 or 1-0 score is boring and pointless.

There's nothing wrong with fighting for a while to eventually capture the base, or not.  But there is a point at which it takes too long, where frustration sets in and the attackers move on.  That point is different for different people, but it is there.  For us it is usually when we realize we've been at it too long, we aren't getting the upper hand on the defenders, and the town will start popping before the next set of troops gets there.

Put together a string of frustrated capture attempts, and to those who are goal oriented, it can start to feel like you are indeed wasting your time.  The game starts to feel static and stagnate -- kind of like a 0-0 furball.   :neener:
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2010, 09:27:16 PM »
I'm glad to see the hunt is still alive in Aces High with the reversion back to original radar coverage. Us 91st bomber boys just about got our butts kicked at 21 to 26K by you Rooks in LWOrange tonight. WTG! :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"