Author Topic: Killing Shades  (Read 3843 times)

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Killing Shades
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

They are both gaming the game.
Perhaps, but there is a vast difference in degree.  Running two or more accounts for the same side offers no advantage for either of the accounts.  Having the second account on the other team for either spying purposes or padding the score of one of the two accounts is detrimental to fair gameplay and certainly puts one who may be going for a legitimately good rank/score at a disadvantage.

Put another way, I really can't see how anyone on the opposing team can be "harmed" by facing two opponents controlled by the same person.  It would be no different (one could argue even easier) than facing two opponents controlled by different people.  However, at the very least anyone going for rank is "harmed" any time someone uses a shade account to pad his score.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:39 PM »
Perhaps, but there is a vast difference in degree.  Running two or more accounts for the same side offers no advantage for either of the accounts.  Having the second account on the other team for either spying purposes or padding the score of one of the two accounts is detrimental to fair gameplay and certainly puts one who may be going for a legitimately good rank/score at a disadvantage.

Put another way, I really can't see how anyone on the opposing team can be "harmed" by facing two opponents controlled by the same person.  It would be no different (one could argue even easier) than facing two opponents controlled by different people.  However, at the very least anyone going for rank is "harmed" any time someone uses a shade account to pad his score.
Perhaps?? No advantage?? Then why do it if there is no advantage?? Most of us only need one account.

Offline jamdive

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2010, 08:34:11 PM »
Running two or more accounts for the same side offers no advantage for either of the accounts. 

Your kidding, right?  :huh

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »
Coulda seen them for free yesterday at my state fair. :)

Just saw them a few weeks ago  :rock
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »
Shade killing? There is an interesting topic that has not been dicussed here before. Bravo  :D

At the end of the day, more accounts = more revenue for HTC so I say let em have as many as they need. But no more attention untill proof of obvious cheating is found and privately sent to HTC.

Right? I think that is about the gist of how this one ends up around page 207.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »
Shade killing? There is an interesting topic that has not been dicussed here before. Bravo  :D

At the end of the day, more accounts = more revenue for HTC so I say let em have as many as they need. But no more attention untill proof of obvious cheating is found and privately sent to HTC.

Right? I think that is about the gist of how this one ends up around page 207.
:aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2010, 09:39:33 PM »
Now I understand how some people have the cv loop just before it comes within sb range.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2010, 12:34:39 AM »
I think socially ostracizing shades is a great way to keep them away...  What's the name btw...?
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37:05 AM »
What about a shade killing a shade?  That would certainly mark the apocalypse here on the bbs.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37:53 AM »
1Maddog1, Did you used to be a Bish and were in that squad Cowboys From Hell or whatever it was that got caught killing each other to pad scores a little over ayear ago or am I mistaken?

If it was you I remember talking to you about it while sitting at a GV base in GV's and you were totally unappologetic about that too.  If it wasn't you my appologies.

It's a shame some people were never taught fair play or sportsmanship.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2010, 12:42:03 AM »
1Maddog1, Did you used to be a Bish and were in that squad Cowboys From Hell or whatever it was that got caught killing each other to pad scores a little over ayear ago or am I mistaken?

If it was you I remember talking to you about it while sitting at a GV base in GV's and you were totally unappologetic about that too.  If it wasn't you my appologies.

It's a shame some people were never taught fair play or sportsmanship.

Wasn't that madcap71?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2010, 12:49:29 AM »
Here you go a clue.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2010, 12:52:03 AM »
What about a shade killing a shade?  That would certainly mark the apocalypse here on the bbs.

lol
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2010, 01:55:35 AM »
Top name for a vulching shade.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 02:38:08 AM »
Here you go a clue.

Ty. Found him.  :D

Well, that's how you get the top ace position in the BF 109E in LW war arena ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:39:50 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman