Author Topic: rudder sensitivety  (Read 909 times)

Offline monkeylove

• Zinc Member
rudder sensitivety
« on: September 10, 2010, 07:19:47 AM »
I have a saitek x45 setup that i pulled out of mothballs so i could get flying again.  the rudder rocker is really sensitive for AH.   would like it to be leess sensitive at first push becoming more sensitive as i push till stops keeping full rudder control.

any tip or links to forum that would help would  be great  thank you.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: rudder sensitivety
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:30:40 AM »
In the clipboard controller setup select the rocker switch and click the "advanced" box. Select scaling to turn it on. You can adjust the scaling in flight. You can also add damping to see if that helps you.

Offline monkeylove

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 07:59:44 AM »
how does scaling work.   I trying to save time, didn't want to waste time figureing out everything and what it did by trial and error.  can you elaborate please

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 08:03:29 AM »
how does scaling work.   

Visit http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Select "Setup  controllers", then read paragraph "Adjust the Settings on Your Controllers"
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Roadblck

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »
Along the line of questions in this thread:

Do most of you guys with CH pedals use custom scaling, or just use the defaults?  I haven't had a chance to play around a lot with the scaling settings, but mine do seem to be a bit "jerky", sometimes.  I don't know if this is just how it is in the game, or if it's something that I could mitigate if I made use of the scaling for that axis.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
As with all CH gear, you need to be gentle.  Because of the sensitivity of the CH gear, being ham-fisted with the joystick (or heavy-footed with the rudder pedals) will either force you to learn to be more gentle or program in some scaling/damping on the axis you have problems with.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
Along the line of questions in this thread:

Do most of you guys with CH pedals use custom scaling, or just use the defaults?  I haven't had a chance to play around a lot with the scaling settings, but mine do seem to be a bit "jerky", sometimes.  I don't know if this is just how it is in the game, or if it's something that I could mitigate if I made use of the scaling for that axis.

there is no real reason to set a stick scale for rudder pedals.  If your pedals spike or otherwise jittery, try adjusting the deadband or dampning settings.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
I read in the help files that if you do not select at least default scaling all the settings will be at the top.

"Leaving the “Enable Scaling” box unchecked is the same as setting all your Axis Scaling sliders to the top. With all of the sliders at the top (100%), moving a controller through a certain percentage of its range of motion will move the corresponding control surface the same percentage of its range of motion. Pull the stick back 10%, the elevator will move 10% of its upward movement. Move the stick 20% to the side, the ailerons will move 20% in the corresponding direction."

Offline BrockS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 02:59:29 PM »
Along the lines of jerky or spikey rudder pedals, I had issues for a year with it. Turns out both the pedals and the rocker on my X45 throttle were mapped for yaw and it would input conlicting info to the game. If you have a twisty stick or rocker, and want to use rudder pedals, make sure to go in and un-map them (rocker/twisty) before using rudder pedals. I have CH Pro pedals and although I do scale roll and pitch, I do not scale yaw. I do have a small dead zone otherwise I find that the brakes are always on slightly making take-offs interesting.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
how does scaling work.   I trying to save time, didn't want to waste time figureing out everything and what it did by trial and error.  can you elaborate please

Scaling makes it less responsive when you first move it.

The best way to save time is to read the relevant topics at the site Lusche linked.  http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/
You can also find answers in the game by clicking Web Page Help on the clipboard.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »
Along the lines of jerky or spikey rudder pedals, I had issues for a year with it. Turns out both the pedals and the rocker on my X45 throttle were mapped for yaw and it would input conlicting info to the game. If you have a twisty stick or rocker, and want to use rudder pedals, make sure to go in and un-map them (rocker/twisty) before using rudder pedals. I have CH Pro pedals and although I do scale roll and pitch, I do not scale yaw. I do have a small dead zone otherwise I find that the brakes are always on slightly making take-offs interesting.

to that end, you can also use the pedals just for rudder control and set the breaks to point back to the space bar on the key board.  Then there is never an issue with breaks and takeoff.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
As with all CH gear, you need to be gentle.  Because of the sensitivity of the CH gear, being ham-fisted with the joystick (or heavy-footed with the rudder pedals) will either force you to learn to be more gentle or program in some scaling/damping on the axis you have problems with.

ya know? i had my ch stuff scaled before. when i came back to the game, and re-downloaded it, i didn't scale anything. i feel as if i'm doing better without messing with things.....except for those crazy fun slow low fights....i've over controlled myself into unrecoverable stalls a few times......the trees are overmodeled.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)