Author Topic: Why is early and mid war arena such flops?  (Read 2121 times)

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
Re: Why is early and mid war arena such flops?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2010, 07:36:32 AM »

Whatever you do, dont tell the LW crowd about the endless supply of untainted sheep in th MW areana  :P

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:05 AM »
Yeah, in other words:  No hotrod rides = nobody wants to fly there = nobody else wants to fly there.

Sad, really.  Those planes are fun, but people these days don't have the patience to fly planes that aren't heavy with cannon/taters/lasers and don't go 400 mph in level flight.
yup not many kids under 20 have the patience.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

Hehehe...seems like not many kids OVER 20, either.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2010, 02:38:35 PM »
the Midwar and the AVA are in my opinion, the 2 best arena's, bar none!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2010, 04:22:31 PM »

i don;t think it's a problem with patience.

i think it's more like todays kids(both old and young) seem to lack the balls for a challenge. they seem to feel that a challenge only makes things harder. they don't seem to realize that taking on those challenges not only improves their ability in whatever area they're doing it in, but that same challenge also provides fun, and a MASSIVE sense of satisfaction, once you've accomplished your goal.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 03:01:10 AM »
adding the brewster seems to have added to the guys that'll turn into your attack, and face shoot ya.

With those 4 mg's it's not much to worry about though and it only shows they can't do any ACM.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 05:39:44 AM »
ACM is in the past .the game turned into 3 ways to fight getting ganged,ganging or the good old HO.unless you are lucky enough to find a vet of the game lost somewhere far away from the horde's that took this game over.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 08:03:25 AM »
With those 4 mg's it's not much to worry about though and it only shows they can't do any ACM.

maybe they had them overmodeled at first then?

the only 2 times i've ever fought the brew, was 1)as i finished off a con at around 4k alt, i saw the brew down low.......went in for him, he dodged. knowing my pee38 couldn't even hope to turn with him, i went nose up. from D600, with me pulling away hard, he hit me hard enough to open the leak valve in one of my fuel tanks, open a leak valve in one of my cooling systems, and a leak valve in one of my engine oiling systems.

the second fight, the brew never stood a chance.....was up high, and by the time he saw me coming, his tail was gone.

both of these were a few updates ago.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 10:03:54 AM »
Neither does winning the fight, basically it is six of one half dozen of the other.

My Opinion

Fred

The game is all about fighting..... hence Aces High. I get more perks in one sortie than you'll get winning the war. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »
 :lol that's a good point.  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2010, 10:50:55 AM »
The game is all about fighting..... hence Aces High. I get more perks in one sortie than you'll get winning the war. :D

Didn't know I was "winning" the war".  Never cared one way or another.  

Really don't care about perks either.

I am happy you can get so many perk points in one sortie and with that statement you seem to direct it at me like I cared.  Go get your perk points and be happy, but then reread my post and maybe you will understand what I was saying, but then again maybe you won't.

One more thing, the front page on the website says "combat experience".  Funny it doesn't say anything about just "fighting".  "Combat Experience" can mean a lot of things.  Whats enjoyable to one may not be to another.   :aok

Fred
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:59:36 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2010, 10:56:21 AM »
Sorry, double post
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:57:59 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03:09 AM »
Yeah, that Spit XIV sure is tearing it up in Late War.   :rolleyes:
fly it right and you have the best spit in the game...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
everybody has their own idea of fun.

some of us like to fight, sometimes in furballs, sometimes 1-1. we like dancing in the sky to gain advantage, and hopefully victory.

some like to capture bases. same thing. they like to have those massive tank/gv battles on the ground.

some like to capture undefended bases.....and will head to the next undefended base if they encounter resistance.
some like to bomb.......not necessarily for any reason other than to hit their target, and get their ships back on the ground.

as long as you're not grieving anyone, just play to your idea of fun, and the rest will come naturally.
and some like me love the full package :aok
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »
ACM is in the past .the game turned into 3 ways to fight getting ganged,ganging or the good old HO.unless you are lucky enough to find a vet of the game lost somewhere far away from the horde's that took this game over.
ACM's still very much around. and those wonderful HO's can be rolled out of and the enemy just has absoLUTELY no idea what you just did :lol many times i have rolled 360 degrees at 1k away from an enemy HOer to have them miss me. it's kinda like Bull Fighting (see the red sheet? I WANT SHEET! MUST HIT!!! then the guy moves out of the way and the bull's looking around wondering what happened). SA and ACM is still very much alive even in the LW. learn to use it and suddenly youll have 2-5 players on their heels trying to kill you...
Happy Jack's Go Buggy