Author Topic: new arena layout?  (Read 1611 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: new arena layout?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »
oh you can take a base with 1-2 people, but it's not gonna happen during prime time and its the base the enemy is spawning from into 85 , unless you have a good group of followers willing to go along with you, its not gonna happen.

Well you don't have to go to the post populated base, go to the base next to the base from which everyone spawns into the camped base (if that makes sense).

And yes you can take it with 2 people. GV bases are easy to take with 2 people, have one in a goon and a 2nd in a spit16 or something so he has 3 bombs to take out GVs fast, will be able to fight off enemy fighters without dropping bombs, and will be able to de-ack, also go NOE. The airfields are a little harder as it takes longer, but it can still be done.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 01:08:00 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 02:09:10 PM »
oh you can take a base with 1-2 people, but it's not gonna happen during prime time and its the base the enemy is spawning from into 85 , unless you have a good group of followers willing to go along with you, its not gonna happen.

Happened last night.  They took V88, probably 3 or 4 people, and 40 people logged off....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
and 40 people logged off....

Disappointing  :rofl
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »
When was the last time a map was re-set?

yesterday, in blue.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 04:18:03 PM »
having multiple people each on there own page isn't a country working together. this allows the country to be able to work as one.

what if I dont want to work as one?

We are not borg. I have fun on the page I'm on.

I've saved countless vbases from 1 or 2 man sneak attempts by myself.  Is that not defending?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 04:45:14 PM »

We are not borg. I have fun on the page I'm on.

I've saved countless vbases from 1 or 2 man sneak attempts by myself.  Is that not defending?

then you go to the other arena and do what you want

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »

Instead of forcing people into a different arena to do what they want, why not take bases offline so you can do what you want?
Or would that be forcing you into another arena?  I'm sure your idea is way more fair to everybody.  :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 04:53:58 PM »
perhaps just add an extra arena for "basetakers" - no caps, no ENY restrictions, 1 country. kill as many sheds and capture as much territory as you like. :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 04:55:30 PM »

So, columbus doesn't need people who like to defend.  Hmmm...I guess if you're not with him, you're against him.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 05:47:06 PM »
lol, wow you guys, why is being a country a hard concept to grasp? acting as one? if your not helping the country your representing why be in it? having one arena set aside for people that want to act as one and the other arena to do what usually goes on. TOTAL CHAOS! when someone screams ALERT BASE BLAH BLAH , someone actually defends it. when noone is attacking your on the offense.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 07:15:22 PM »
why is being a country a hard concept to grasp?

Why is not being loyal to a "country" in a video game a hard concept to grasp?

if your not helping the country your representing why be in it?

Because this game is about fighting with WWII equipment for fun.  Sometimes one must switch sides to find fights without being in a horde.

when someone screams ALERT BASE BLAH BLAH , someone actually defends it.

And is such defense not working for your "country", columbus?
My Current Rig:

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 07:47:11 PM »
what are you talking about INADOT?? defense is part of being in the country. when bases are taking cause 1/2 the people are furballing that the defense i am talking about. when a hoard it taking a base and noone shows up to defend it thats the defense i am talking about. or you gonna sit there and deny it doesnt happen? how about we just take the whole resetting the map out of the arena's, problem solved

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:37 PM »
what are you talking about INADOT?? defense is part of being in the country. when bases are taking cause 1/2 the people are furballing that the defense i am talking about. when a hoard it taking a base and noone shows up to defend it thats the defense i am talking about. or you gonna sit there and deny it doesnt happen? how about we just take the whole resetting the map out of the arena's, problem solved

You're the only one seeing a "problem" to be solved.

I think the way it is works great.  Do what you have fun doing.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 09:11:17 PM »
     I guess I have too many perks, I don't suffer from "envy" at all  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 10:40:51 PM »
columbus, this is a game in which everyone can do anything they want.  Capture bases, defend bases, furball, GV, etc.  I guess it's too bad not everybody flocks to defend a base, or attack a base, or help a friendly in trouble...but that's what makes this more fun than playing a single-player offline game - there are real people out there.  Just try to accept that, and have fun however you want. 

It's a combat game, so if you get to see combat count yourself lucky and know that neither you nor anyone else really dies, and hopefully you log off happy with the fights you got into.

Creating more arenas or more "you can only do this here" arenas will do nothing but create more animosity and result in fewer players in the same arena, which spells less fun for everyone.  In the end, it's HTC's business to keep the most people happy that they can, and only they know and can decide how to best achieve that while maintaining a profitable company.
My Current Rig: