Author Topic: introducing....  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
Re: introducing....
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »
You make it sound like this is a recent phenomena when this has been happening since online flight sims were created.  When I started AW many years ago and it cost me at time $12 an hour to play on Genie, you'd still see eunichs flying high avoiding fights unless they could safely dive in and pick.  No matter how PvP centric a game is, there will always be eunichs that play too.  Maybe they think by playing a PvP centric game they can somehow find their lost balls but we all know once a eunich snips off the old boys, they're never gonna grow back.

It is frustrating, like the other night I got bounced by this high P-51 but he wasn't good enough and kept on making his dives too fast, after the 4th or so pass, I was able to eat way at his altitude advantage and kind of made things co-alt but he still had an energy advantage and he kept running, I would turn my back and he'd get brave and turn to re-engage but as soon as I would turn around, he'd turn the opposite way and run.  Not once did SixO try and fight, he only wanted to engage if there was absolutely no chance of him getting shot down, this kept up for over 30 minutes until I finally ran out of fuel and my engine quit so I augered as SixO kept running.  What was really funny though is as I was augering, here comes SixO diving in to try and get the proxy.  Got him to admit that he will never engage any fight in a 1v1 situation unless he can engage without any risk of the other guy engaging him, othewise he only targets planes that are already fighting someone else because there is no risk to him.  This to me is pathetic but it's how the eunichs play and it's been going on for over 20 years.

ack-ack

Yeah I understand that this might not be a new thing, I have only been playing AH for a few months so I am still new compaired to some of the guys on here
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »
well I counter introduce your introduction with the introduction of LA.M.E
LA .Masters and .Enthusiasts

:D

huh its going down with the Few, first spitsteens now LAs  :rolleyes:  ;) :D

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 12:36:36 PM »
lol I am few in training, they cannot be held responsable for my dweebery  :lol
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
Just for kicks, I tried that this past tour.  Flying into furballs with no regard for getting picked, focusing merely on the plane I'm fighting or shooting at.  I have to admit, it was a little fun.  Turning off my brain and simply becoming fixated on a target, completely ignorant to my surrounding was much less stressful than having to constantly worry about threats and evaluate my best course of action.  I'm coming to realize that what it means to be truly elite and an uber furballer who 'gets it' is to not use your brain when you play the game.  I think I am starting to get it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
Just for kicks, I tried that this past tour.  Flying into furballs with no regard for getting picked, focusing merely on the plane I'm fighting or shooting at.  I have to admit, it was a little fun.  Turning off my brain and simply becoming fixated on a target, completely ignorant to my surrounding was much less stressful than having to constantly worry about threats and evaluate my best course of action.  I'm coming to realize that what it means to be truly elite and an uber furballer who 'gets it' is to not use your brain when you play the game.  I think I am starting to get it.

Ah so those of us that like to fight aren't using our brain...I get it.  So the other night when I was in a 5v1 on the deck and survived with 4 kills, I wasn't using my brain and just mindlessly furballing.  I get it.  Thank you for telling me this, now I'll fly like SixO and use my brain and become a "smart" pilot like the rest of you.

ack-ack

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 01:01:58 PM »
Ah so those of us that like to fight aren't using our brain...I get it.  So the other night when I was in a 5v1 on the deck and survived with 4 kills, I wasn't using my brain and just mindlessly furballing.  I get it.  Thank you for telling me this, now I'll fly like SixO and use my brain and become a "smart" pilot like the rest of you.

LOL akak, don't take a general statement so personally.  Besides, I see you as more of a smart flying pilot than you might lead me on to believe with that comment, which is why you tend to come into most fights with alt advantage.  And don't take that as an insult, coming in with alt advantage, especially when you are outnumbered is smart, clearly.  (p.s. That was nice flying on the deck the other day, iirc all three of us were down there, of course you were up **** creek a lil more than me and sunbat.  :D)

I like to fight too.  Wait, maybe I don't, since the term 'fighting' is so ambiguous.  Could someone please define what 'fighting' is?  

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »

Easy there killer.  You are assuming we don't worry about our surroundings. How stressful is it to decide who to pick off after take off?  Lets see, do I want the slow guy first or the really slow guy first?  :lol 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 01:10:11 PM »

i don';t think i furball that way. i saddle up a con, if i hear somethign behind me or get a check six., i turn off, and go for the next target.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
How stressful is it to decide who to pick off after take off?

About as stressful as it is to kill anyone 1v1 or 1v2 in the ma.  :lol

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 01:20:51 PM »
You're way off man........... Let me tell you a joke........ An LA7, a G2 & a TBM walk into a furball...............  Who gets to order the drink first?  errrr...... Who do I worry about the most?

Easy there killer.  You are assuming we don't worry about our surroundings. How stressful is it to decide who to pick off after take off?  Lets see, do I want the slow guy first or the really slow guy first?  :lol 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
You're way off man........... Let me tell you a joke........ An LA7, a G2 & a TBM walk into a furball...............  Who gets to order the drink first?  errrr...... Who do I worry about the most?

the tbm if it's flown by snaphook
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

the 262 coming in late and all stressed out?  :rofl or the P38 hovering above?  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 01:54:26 PM »
To counter this, I think we should  establish the AAA - Altitude Aristocrats' Association  :airplane:

Of course I can't join... currently I'm head of ONOP - Organisation of Nagging Offline Players  :frown:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 02:16:50 PM »
To counter this, I think we should  establish the AAA - Altitude Aristocrats' Association  :airplane:

I think that might conflict with Chalenge's after school club, "The 30k Fuel Conservation Club".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »

I would turn my back and he'd get brave and turn to re-engage but as soon as I would turn around, he'd turn the opposite way and run.  Not once did SixO try and fight, he only wanted to engage if there was absolutely no chance of him getting shot down, this kept up for over 30 minutes until I finally ran out of fuel and my engine quit so I augered as SixO kept running.  

I agree AckAck...and what you will hear from these testicularly challenged folks is:  

A.  "Why would I want to 1 v 1 you when I don't have to"?
B.  "This is what the P51, HOGs, LALA's, ad nauseum were designed to do during WW II but you expect me to turn-fight you"
C.  "I'm extending..."
D.  "I am using my speed"

I say testicularly challenged because they make a choice NOT to fight...even in 1 v 1 situations...there is one squad specifically...they seem to good pileits but if they see anything that turns well...they only engage if there are two or more of them.  Is that a WW II tactic?  Sure.  But so was turn fighting....see Pug Southerland vs Saburo Sakai.  In making the choice NOT to fight, they say something about themselves...to run from a fight in the real world is cowardly...but to run from a fight in cartoon land????  That becomes a negative number on the I-AM-YELLOW chart.  Just sayin...

Changeup

Grizz - A fight includes extending a bit in their a/c and re-engaging sometime in our near future.  Jumping on VOX and proudly claiming their WW II historically correct, cerebrally perfect, extend-escape tactic does not.  Low on fuel, got it...no ammo, roger...pilot wound, cool...1/2 a wing missing, understood.  Small weinered, sackless historically correct runner = tinyjohnson.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:53:03 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba