Author Topic: Just Signed up  (Read 824 times)

Offline VFCBaxter

• Zinc Member
      • Virtual Flying Corps
Just Signed up
« on: November 08, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »
for six months special offer deal. New and dumb as. Cannot see any training events scheduled for November, but would like to have a session with a trainer to learn how to take off and do basic comms. Glad to be here and hi to all :)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
Re: Just Signed up
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:45:18 PM »
Please fly straight and level and a trainer will be along to help you momentarily...probably in a 109K4.

Seriously though, welcome aboard, and you've made a smart move by looking for a trainer.  They are the best way to learn the game and any time you spend with them is well invested.

Check Six!

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
Welcome to the game! 

Do your reading on the trainer's page and fly in the Training Arena or offline until you get the basics down.  Most questions you have can be answered on that trainer's page, but you can use the forums as a resource as well.

The trainers are all volunteers so it will just be a matter of communication with them about when you can fly and what you want to learn.  You should get some responses in this thread from some of the trainers.

Good luck!
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 07:05:11 AM »
Sorry have not yet posted any times for Nov yet. Still recovering from a nasty cold that almost went Pneumonia on me.

What times are best for you, and what are you looking for help with?

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 08:32:14 AM »
Welcome Baxter  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 08:41:10 AM »
Welcome aboard :cheers:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:00:43 PM »
Welcome to your new addiction - the trainers here are first rate, very helpful and any time spent with them is a good time.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline VFCBaxter

• Zinc Member
      • Virtual Flying Corps
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »
Sorry have not yet posted any times for Nov yet. Still recovering from a nasty cold that almost went Pneumonia on me.

What times are best for you, and what are you looking for help with?

Thank you all for your kind responses and welcome. I have downloaded the training video clips and "found" the offline practice arena which should keep me busy for a few weeks. Never been a fighter pilot, I used to like the C47 and supply/paratroop runs in Fighter Ace so I am looking forward to getting back into that here. First thing is to map my joystick mapped I guess. I have Track IR so the view keys wont be so important but there certainly are a lot of mappable keys in this game, so if anyone has any templates for the Thrustmaster T.Flight X Hotas? 

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 08:00:21 AM »
My advice, get the basics, stick axis, guns, gear, flaps, and leave it at that for a week. Then each week or 2 as you discover new things you want mapped go ahead and do it.

If you try to map it all at once normally you'll forget what does what anyway.

But start small then build on it, one step at a time a little at a time and you will inside of a month or 2 have it all mapped.
And you will have learned enough in that couple months to have a much better idea of what you really need.

While I still have not posted times weekday around 3:00 central time is more often than not going to find me in the TA.
If there are only 4 0r 5 people I may not stay long.  Tue's & Wed's esp look for me. Morfiend try's to get the thur's and Fri's.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 09:17:55 AM »
In addition to the Trainers page, some good info (dot commands, ACM recitals, etc) can be found at www.netaces.org

Welcome aboard!