Author Topic: OK BBS warriors. "Fix" the game....  (Read 10229 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: OK BBS warriors. "Fix" the game....
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »
Are we done spamming the Rook country channel Sunbat! You were so uber last night!
LOL. I just got the ball rolling. I got in a fight and looked at the buffer 10 minutes later and it was still going. :D
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SCTusk

• Copper Member
      • Skeleton Crew Squadron
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »
1. Remove the facility for ingame comms between opposing sides.
2. Remove the facility for identifying who shot down who ingame.

1+2=(closer to reality X 2)
"We don't have a plan, so nothing can go wrong." (Spike Milligan)

Read my WW1 online novel 'Blood and Old Bones' at http://www.ww1sims.com/
A tribute to WW1 airmen and the squadron spirit, inspired by virtual air combat.

SCTusk    ++ SKELETON CREW ++  founde

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »
WAAAAIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Ok, im ready(:

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 09:28:05 PM »
Personally I dont think the game is broken, just the balance appears to be a tad biased. Biased towards the furballers, to the detriment of the base takers (speaking in general here)

To resolve that, it could be an idea to adjust the radar height from 65ft to 150, but remove the ability to put the plane on auto pilot. Adjust the requirement for town to be fully down (80 - 90%? instead) which could be done globally without (if the way its coded allows) having to adjust all the towns individually.

This would give the base takers the ability to run noe missions, but make them work at it too. Leave the radar rings size as is, and make town flash when an NOE hits the outer limits of the radar (as it currently does).

Merely options, ymmv,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 09:57:38 PM »
I'd love to see some new maps similar in size to NDisles & Mindinao or just a bit larger. Yeah...I know..."Max, go make one." If I had the time, I might.

I fall half way in-between the "furballers/win the war" mentality. Either can be fun depending on circumstances. I'd like to see a new water based map...perhaps a bit larger than Ndisles as an alternative to the large maps normally rotated through the LWOrange arena. And yes, provide a TT/furballer center combat area.

my .02

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »
I just got back from quite a break from AH. ( my computer had crashed, and I didn't have the immediate funds for a new new one. )

There doesn't appear to be any glaring issues with the game itself, I returned to find it fun and as addicting as ever.  :)
There were plenty of fights and the numbers were pretty balanced. I had no trouble at all getting in the same arena as my squaddies, I think the off-hour arena is a great idea.

The game has definitely changed for the better since the last time I played. Great job HTC.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 01:22:14 AM »
Well with the arena closing, I need a pie chart here.  20 mins waiting till i get the boot. 40 more mins waiting for the arena to fill and start fighting. Hey, Snailman doesn't have to do this watermelon so it's gravy!

Oh please stop exaggerating, oh disgruntled one!

Right now, it's 15 minutes after the peak arenas were closed and 5 minutes after boot. And there are 104 players in the offpeak arena, and the fight is already on. Not even close to "40-60 minutes" to get the fight started. And of course it's easy to totally ignore the fact that with the old system, we had hours of reduced action due to 100 players on a large map or 20 people staring at a small sized one.

And yes, "Snailman has to do this chit" too. The switch to peak mode happens at 23:00 local and back to offpeak at 8:00 in the morning. And as you can see, I'm already playing.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:57:49 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 01:30:47 AM »
It was classic in Blue tonite.  A guy comes in about 1/2 hour before the switch.  "Only 98 people in here. When is HTC going to figure out we need only one arena so we can at least have people to fight!"

Half hour later  "5 minutes til the arena closes"    "This is lousy!  We've got good fights going on here.  Why is HTC wrecking this!"

Damned if you do and damned if you don't :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 05:23:02 AM »
     Lose the rank system, then people will be less likely to avoid "dying"  :D
:aok

Would be best thing for this game.....get rid of score and rank!
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 05:40:41 AM »

Offline tarmack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 07:19:21 AM »
an option to opt out of ranking system. Not talking about perks or score. At the beginning of each tour a player would be given an irreversible option to opt out or stay in  for the entire tour. On the clipboard it would say something like NA.

see related discussion here

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,300937.0.html

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »
It was classic in Blue tonite.  A guy comes in about 1/2 hour before the switch.  "Only 98 people in here. When is HTC going to figure out we need only one arena so we can at least have people to fight!"

Half hour later  "5 minutes til the arena closes"    "This is lousy!  We've got good fights going on here.  Why is HTC wrecking this!"

Damned if you do and damned if you don't :)

and he is the type of person i've referenced here on the bbs many times in the past.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 08:23:42 AM »
We need base or zone limits. Bases should not be able to support unlimited numbers of planes at one time. The ability to take bases is not the problem. the hordes are the problem. Particularly the ones that insist on only attacking bases where the enemy isnt. Create a base limit and you spread the uppers into wider front

While I respect the idea posted in another thread about points and victory conditions. I still dont beleive that points and/or victory condidtions alone are not going to get people to bomb the strat targets more. Nor will it cause people to want to defend them. I think that for most people its nice to be around when a war is "won". It really isnt that big a deal to most when it isnt.
We  need strat targets that actually do something. that are actually worth attacking. right now the strats simply arent worth the effort ot attack or defend. HQ is the only strat target with any meaning. and half the time only a few people even bother to defend that. opting instead to just resupply it when its hit.

We also need to return to zone bases. When we had zone bases it placed some greater value on certain bases over others. there was a certain degree of strategical thinking in planning attacks. and you were far more likely to get people to run over to defend a zone base then you were any of the others

I also liked the idea of limiting heavy bombers to bases behind the front lines. Though I think what what would be a better idea would be to limit bombers to the type of base. Small feilds should only up fighters and the lightest of bombers as IRL they would have had dirt runways and the smaller feilds wouldnt be able to logistically support the heavies. Medium feilds being a bit more developed and a bit larger would be able to support the mediums. And limit the heavies B-17s, Lancs to the large bases.
Though I dont think that idea will ever see the light of day. It would add a touch of realism
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:25:59 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
I personally think that split capped arenas are a really bad idea to begin with regardless of the reasons given other then technical. And no amount of tweaking is going to fix it.
Leave two arenas but uncap the arenas for a week and you will very quickly see what the community as a whole thinks is "fun"

While numbers over 400 may create bad blood. Forcing people to play where they dont want to and without the people they want to is creating even more bad blood then you had before.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:34:28 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »
3 guys offering ideas....100 being jerks...don't think that can be fixed or programmed out Dan .....

bottom line is the same 5 guys jumped in faster then the guys who have concerns...little internet warriors that are tards just because....

sorry not even worth me offering my two cents....

honestly Dan...can't YOU let it go...you were kind enough to bow out of the last thread but then jump back in to start another troll???? I've always considered you a mature member of this community...please don't prove me wrong :salute
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:03:18 AM by FALCONWING »
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB