Author Topic: question to the AVA players  (Read 4103 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Re: question to the AVA players
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 11:00:14 PM »
ill squelch them no matter what channel you put them on   :D

CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 02:47:54 AM »
The few times I've actually gone into AvA, I saw some folks complaining about something and/or bickering.  Last time I was in there (which was just under 3 months ago), it was implied that I was hacking when an M475's rounds bounced off my Panzer's front armor, then got wasted when I 1 shot him to his R Flank (direct hit off his 2:30).  Coupled with a stupid purse fight over a HO shot and the bickering that was taking place the last couple of times I was in there, yeah...  Haven't been to the AvA since.  I've popped in to see what setup was going on and to see if there was a new map, but that's it.  Log right back out.  Since I can't turn off Ch 1, I don't see a point in going there.

I'd vote, Turn off Ch 1.  Why should you police the channel?  You already devote your time in setting up and running AvA, but having to baby sit channel 1 as well?  Up for 5 mins, police channel 1.  Get into a good fight, big arse purse fight breaks out on channel 1 over a pick...  You have to bail, auger, get shot down, fly in a circle or RTB.  Either way, your fights has to end at that moment so you can police the channel.  Unless you are being paid by HTC or you physically own that server the AvA runs off of, bad deal.  Save yourself a headache.  200 will suffice for inter-country communications.  Or at the very least, change it to where I can turn off Ch 1 if that is possible.  If someone wants to say something to me, they can 1) Try 200 (which I HIGHLY doubt I will have tuned), 2) PM me or 3) Switch sides.  Squelching is not an option really, as it isn't permanent...
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »
gyrene's posts here are an excellent example of why you should turn off channel 1.

He feels it is his place to ridicule the idea that other people may not want to see a constant stream of juvenile behavior and he continues to demonstrate the inability to respect the wishes of others in his exchange with antivortex.

Even if the behavior is not directed at an individual personally it can still detract from enjoyment of the game.

Some folks like to fly the game with 200 tuned and enjoy the banter. Others do not enjoy it and they detune 200.

The biggest reason to kill channel 1 is to expand the audience of the AvA.

And before some wiseacre chimes in, no that doesn't mean we have to cater to every whim. In this instance there is a perfectly suitable alternative to channel 1 that keeps everyone happy EXCEPT the people who want a captive audience.

By keeping channel 1 you are feeding the troll by providing a captive audience.

Offline meou01

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 06:46:36 AM »
Why is anyone allowing real life social rejects to get to them? You're dealing with people who in real life have no social life, low self esteem and could not muster the testicular fortitude to talk the trash in your face. They are in fact so pathetic the only real physical interaction they get is with their hands, and that's only when their hands feel like it.

Learn to laugh at the feeble minds that need to use juvenile behavior in cyberspace to feel masculine. People like that are easy to ignore, but you have to put your own ego aside to do it.

so the triplets killed you alot too! i sense your frustration.

leave channel 1 open, let the CM's do what they must to control it. its good to be able to talk to the other side, even if i dont! alot of people like to talk to each other. its part of the game.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:32 AM »
gyrene's posts here are an excellent example of why you should turn off channel 1.

He feels it is his place to ridicule the idea that other people may not want to see a constant stream of juvenile behavior and he continues to demonstrate the inability to respect the wishes of others in his exchange with antivortex.

Even if the behavior is not directed at an individual personally it can still detract from enjoyment of the game.

Some folks like to fly the game with 200 tuned and enjoy the banter. Others do not enjoy it and they detune 200.

The biggest reason to kill channel 1 is to expand the audience of the AvA.

And before some wiseacre chimes in, no that doesn't mean we have to cater to every whim. In this instance there is a perfectly suitable alternative to channel 1 that keeps everyone happy EXCEPT the people who want a captive audience.

By keeping channel 1 you are feeding the troll by providing a captive audience.

if we were to eliminate ch1, then we could tune to 200 to chat amongst ourselves, as you've mentioned. the problem being, that so will those that wish to grief. now, we have to de-tune 200 in order to not see their poop, and STILL cannot easily chat with those we wish across chess piece lines.

no......we simply need to stop feeding them, they get quiet when they get kilt....they get quiet when no one responds......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 08:34:11 AM »
Its a 2 sided coin.  We are all talking about the same few individuals so just squelch them for now and see how that goes.  Bigrat and I laughed about it last night, they started in on me and I squelched them one at a time. 

Volron, you should come back and give it a try again.  Aside from a few (3) trouble makers AvA has turned into a great place to play.  Its truley the only reason im still playing the game.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 08:47:42 AM »
Its a 2 sided coin.  We are all talking about the same few individuals so just squelch them for now and see how that goes.  Bigrat and I laughed about it last night, they started in on me and I squelched them one at a time. 

Volron, you should come back and give it a try again.  Aside from a few (3) trouble makers AvA has turned into a great place to play.  Its truley the only reason im still playing the game.

i wish i could've gotten on last night.....but i had to work at my part time job.....didn't get home till 1230am, made a couple quick posts, and went to bed........tonight i gotta go straight from here to that job to finish what we didn't get done last night...probably another midnight finish.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
YUCK   well i installed a cap proof net connection over the holiday weekend so whenever your ready to lose more parts ill be waiting....   :devil

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
You people make me laugh.  "The Triplets"...  :rofl

They treat me with respect because I've been giving them the same.  It's clear to me that many of you are either unable or unwilling to stop slinging crap; so why would you expect others to stop flinging it back at you?

Also, if "The Triplets" actually do stop in here to read messages:  perhaps you guys could be the bigger men and take some crap without slinging it back.  Perhaps then these habitual crap-flinging juveniles will stop it themselves.

This is a perpetual self-powered crap-fest that can only be fixed by the players - not the game, not the arena admins, not HTC.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 09:39:38 AM »
I stopped my in game crap slinging a long time ago, i just squelch them.   I dont squelch them until they give me a reason, usually right after I shoot them down for the first time  :-)  I havnt said a word back, i just laugh and hit the button.  If they do read the boards at least I know im not the only one slinging it so to speak and if they still choose to point me out then im fine with it. 

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 09:48:22 AM »
If Channel 1 is turned off, wont the crap just go over to 200??? The attitudes are the problem not the channel. I realize that Channel 1 is a "perk" in the AvA, and I enjoy friendly banter across country. I have also used it to <Salute> others for good fights and such or even if I was caught napping. The DA has Channel 1 turned on and it is always used to squeak and whine and gets downright nasty at times.

Lets turn of the attitudes, not Channel 1
Just my $.02
<S>
Carver
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 09:48:56 AM »
You people make me laugh.  "The Triplets"...  :rofl

They treat me with respect because I've been giving them the same.  It's clear to me that many of you are either unable or unwilling to stop slinging crap; so why would you expect others to stop flinging it back at you?

Also, if "The Triplets" actually do stop in here to read messages:  perhaps you guys could be the bigger men and take some crap without slinging it back.  Perhaps then these habitual crap-flinging juveniles will stop it themselves.

This is a perpetual self-powered crap-fest that can only be fixed by the players - not the game, not the arena admins, not HTC.

just an fyi, and not trying to be a wise ass, as we always get along, and have good fun fights......but ya, they DO sling their crap without reason. i was on the receiving end of it sat. night, and have it on film.
 i responded politly, not by slinging crap back at him, and it continued, so i just stopped responding.

i think it may have had somethign to do with me bnz'ing a certain jet that was bnz'ing.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 09:50:52 AM »
If Channel 1 is turned off, wont the crap just go over to 200??? The attitudes are the problem not the channel. I realize that Channel 1 is a "perk" in the AvA, and I enjoy friendly banter across country. I have also used it to <Salute> others for good fights and such or even if I was caught napping. The DA has Channel 1 turned on and it is always used to squeak and whine and gets downright nasty at times.

Lets turn of the attitudes, not Channel 1
Just my $.02
<S>
Carver

how come i never catch you sleeping dammit??  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »
The problem is the 3 that are the focus of this have no intention on changing their attitudes, they have made that very clear.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 09:54:26 AM »
I was actually on the receiving end last night also after a 3v1 against them and another player new to the arena. 2 110's and a 109, I was in the jug in a low turn fight with it and was holding my own til I got hoed or it seemed to be a hoe but wont be able to tell until i replay film, it started i finished by saying it was fun and went back to my crashing and dying routine. I just play my game and that is it. I enjoy Ava to much now just tryign to get my squad in here for a nite.
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-