Author Topic: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.  (Read 8303 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »

All that really shows is that he did not bring troops.

I have been told today that I'm a furballer, because I haven't gotten credit for a base capture for some time. Me, a furballer... that's the most abominable  insult to me in my 5 years of Aces High  :furious
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2010, 09:15:40 AM »
I have been told today that I'm a furballer, because I haven't gotten credit for a base capture for some time. Me, a furballer... that's the most abominable  insult to me in my 5 years of Aces High  :furious

Time for a quick vacuuming. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »
I find it interesting how some players can spend all of their time on the BBS and in the arena talking about how low skilled the other players are at the game when their only skill or stat is flying one plane all of the time. The same players talk about no skill Gvers, yet have no GV points or any record of even being in a GV for many prior tours. Players who talk about how easy it is to capture bases yet don't even have a base capture or bomber score before or since the town layout changed back in June.

Scores are not very important in my book. I just think that if a fellow player is going to criticize other players for not having the skills to capture a base, operate a GV, or pilot a bomber, that person should have at least some record of doing those things recently himself.. The same players tell others how they should defend their bases, yet do not even have a Wirble or field gun score. This makes me think that as soon as the enemy gets cap on a base those guys bug out leaving it undefended.

Many of those Quote "Low Skilled Players" they talk about  fly bombers, attack planes, fighters, and drive Gv's all in the same night while playing.

Maybe many players enjoy being decent at many things instead of being perfect at one thing in the game... I am sure that if a player spent all of his arena time flying only one plane, he or she would get very good in that plane over time. I see nothing wrong with this at all. It is the player that decides what he or she chooses to do in the game. But they shouldn't be telling another player how much they suck at capturing bases, flying bombers, or operating a GV when said player has no recent record of doing any of these things since before the game changed back in June. I emphasize the game change in June because before then, any NOOB could take a v-base, town, or port by himself if he wanted.

Ah, yet another person using the useless rank system to ry to prove a point.
 :aok

Why, pray tell, did you not post the entire thing?
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2010, 02:13:35 PM »
There is an imposter!   :o  My appologies AKAK.  You sir did get credit for 1 base capture in a C47.  My point is now moot, and my shame for pointing an improper finger  :old: has been recorded.  I snagged someone's stats with a similar game ID.  It became obvious when P38J kills were absent.  :salute

VonMessa, yes I was trying to prove a point, and I FAILED miserably.  I didn't see the need to take up a page of text, but in retrospect, a better checking of all the facts before any post might have better served me.

I am only praying for some hint, that something other than the B29 will be in my Christmas stocking.  :pray

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2010, 02:28:10 PM »
Just as I suspected:

Last month's stats for Ack-Ack

Late War Tour 130 Bomber Scores for ackack
   Score      Rank  
SNIP
Field Captures    0    3390

Late War Tour 130 Attack Scores for ackack
   Score      Rank  
SNIP
Field Captures    0    2667

Late War Tour 130 Vehicles and Boats Scores for ackack
   Score      Rank  
SNIP
Field Captures    0    3358

Yes, Ack-Ack you are really tearing it up in that category.  Oh snap!  

I am not suggesting that you don't know anything about base capture.  I am however questioning whether you have any interest in it.  

Besides being a small map, and the locust horde "adaptation" of game play, base capture has had a more and more limited approach.  The new villages look awesome, they just SUCK, when it comes to finding all of the destructible objects.

And yes I do have an interest in base captures.  I would have been one of the first to switch sides and help push back, if there were any hope of doing anything other than padding another guys stats.

you might want to recheck my stats for last tour..

Tour 130 Bombers
Damage per Death 757.50 2196
Damage per Sortie 378.75 2280
Damage Hit Percentage 0.00 3396
Damage Points 757.50 2479
Field Captures 1 289

That was a result of my solo capture of a Vbase on TT island against 3 defenders.  If you also look at my tours you'll also see scores for bombers and attack, depending on what I score my B-25H sorties as.

As for GVs, you should look at my MW stats for when I was in that arena exclusively for a few years and you'll see other occasional base captures and even me *GASP* in a GV.

But to tell you the truth, I no longer have any interests in capturing bases or driving GVs.  Been there, done that and got a t-shirt.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:37:52 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »
I find it interesting how some players can spend all of their time on the BBS and in the arena talking about how low skilled the other players are at the game when their only skill or stat is flying one plane all of the time. The same players talk about no skill Gvers, yet have no GV points or any record of even being in a GV for many prior tours. Players who talk about how easy it is to capture bases yet don't even have a base capture or bomber score before or since the town layout changed back in June.

Scores are not very important in my book. I just think that if a fellow player is going to criticize other players for not having the skills to capture a base, operate a GV, or pilot a bomber, that person should have at least some record of doing those things recently himself.. The same players tell others how they should defend their bases, yet do not even have a Wirble or field gun score. This makes me think that as soon as the enemy gets cap on a base those guys bug out leaving it undefended.

Many of those Quote "Low Skilled Players" they talk about  fly bombers, attack planes, fighters, and drive Gv's all in the same night while playing.

Maybe many players enjoy being decent at many things instead of being perfect at one thing in the game... I am sure that if a player spent all of his arena time flying only one plane, he or she would get very good in that plane over time. I see nothing wrong with this at all. It is the player that decides what he or she chooses to do in the game. But they shouldn't be telling another player how much they suck at capturing bases, flying bombers, or operating a GV when said player has no recent record of doing any of these things since before the game changed back in June. I emphasize the game change in June because before then, any NOOB could take a v-base, town, or port by himself if he wanted.

Did you check 10 years ago?  Do I need to bomb every day to know how easy it is?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
Yikes.  :O

(Image removed from quote.)

You mean to tell me that The Knights and Rooks have not ever had this happen to them???

What comes around goes around.  

... oh, and "hatred" is an awefully stong word to use when the topic of the discussion is a SIM/GAME.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2010, 03:01:46 PM »
you might want to recheck my stats for last tour..

Tour 130 Bombers
Damage per Death 757.50 2196
Damage per Sortie 378.75 2280
Damage Hit Percentage 0.00 3396
Damage Points 757.50 2479
Field Captures 1 289

That was a result of my solo capture of a Vbase on TT island against 3 defenders.  If you also look at my tours you'll also see scores for bombers and attack, depending on what I score my B-25H sorties as.

As for GVs, you should look at my MW stats for when I was in that arena exclusively for a few years and you'll see other occasional base captures and even me *GASP* in a GV.

But to tell you the truth, I no longer have any interests in capturing bases or driving GVs.  Been there, done that and got a t-shirt.

ack-ack

But your T Shirt says, "Drunk Chicks Think I'm Hot"
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »

When you get to be old, fat and bald - it just doesn't matter any more that they have to be drunk first.  :)
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2010, 03:45:13 PM »
When you get to be old, fat and bald - it just doesn't matter any more that they have to be drunk first.  :)

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »

They do!  That's why I hooked up with a chick that's got a drinking problem.

ack-ack

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Ah, yet another person using the useless rank system to ry to prove a point.
 :aok

Why, pray tell, did you not post the entire thing?

Clearly Vonmessa you did not comprehend what you read. My post has nothing to do with the ranking system. I could care less about it...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:54:20 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »
Did you check 10 years ago?  Do I need to bomb every day to know how easy it is?

I do not believe Sir that I even  mentioned any persons name... Besides you cannot compare game play six months ago to game play now after they completely re made the town, and base layouts... Capturing towns and bases is alot different now ...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:49:10 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2010, 05:46:55 PM »

LOL I was called a spy. that's the worst insult since 4:30 PM today.

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »
I do not believe Sir that I even  mentioned any persons name... Besides you cannot compare game play six months ago to game play now after they completely re made the town, and base layouts... Capturing towns and bases is alot different now ...

And as you can see my little dweebette, I do have a field capture after the new changes to the towns, airfields and Vbases and the capture I have was done solo against 3 defenders.  Like I said, some whines are just born out of myths...

ack-ack