Author Topic: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.  (Read 6867 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »
Planes attacking tanks is the new vulching/milk running/wussie-scoring move.

Last tour I finally gave Tank-ing a chance and found it very fun indeed. Tank vs Tank is pressure pact and full of strategery. Then along comes the planes and it all goes in the crapper. For all you out there in planes killing tanks, don't you have any shame at how easy it is to fly over a drop a bomb on a defenseless tank? Talk about ducks in a barrel.

Of course the usual disclaimers apply. I'm not talking about tanks trying to take a base, and I'm talking about tanks camping a spawn. Those deserve a good bombing. But to fly out to the open spaces where tanks are trying to stalk each other and fight it out and drop bombs on a defenseless enemy who has invested his time in having a tank battle, makes you a jerk. 

This tour I'm 1-11 in GVs after 4 tries at gv-ing and several hours invested. 9 of those deaths were from planes, where I had no chance in hell of defending myself. All of which involved me trying to fight against a single or multiple enemy tanks.

Most complaints center around when conditions create unfair competitive situations in the MA. Vulching, picking, ENY, hording, Grizz, etc...are examples of lopsided situations that create whining.

At the top of that list I'm placing Plane vs Tank. Since I'm not a fan of rules changes to fix everything I'm taking the shaming approach. If you're one of the folks who pads your score with riskless/skilless tank bombing, then you should know that I think you suck.* 

Vinkman

*[check Vinkman's stat sheet for a list of those that do indeed, suck]

Who is John Galt?

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 05:33:51 PM »
      Oh wonderful, something else to wonk wonk about.  :rolleyes:
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »
So allied aircraft during WWII that were bombing/strafing axis tanks is unfair and wussie-scoring?

PUH-leeze  :rolleyes:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »
but....but...bombing tanks is what bombs are for.... I dont see how bombing civillians could be more honourable.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 05:51:03 PM »
but....but...bombing tanks is what bombs are for.... I dont see how bombing civillians could be more honourable.

honorable-NO, more fun-maybe  :aok
Army of Muppets

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 05:58:46 PM »
So allied aircraft during WWII that were bombing/strafing axis tanks is unfair and wussie-scoring?

PUH-leeze  :rolleyes:

You think this is a war? PUH-leeze  :rolleyes:
Who is John Galt?

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »
Agree completely!! Nothing more frustrating than trying to have a good GV spawn battle and 20 planes show up and bomb every GV in sight. It bothered me when friendlies did it as much as getting bombed in my GV. The rooks owning all of Tank Town is just as stupid as bombing GV's but thats another thread.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 06:01:57 PM »
If ya look at stats of highest-scoring P47N pilots, vast % of their kills are gv's
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 06:02:42 PM »
I actually takes a bit of skill to get a bomb right in the place it needs to be. Plus if it is only a partial hit, you guys COULD have Vehicle Supps. That's all I'm saying.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
y'all know you can tank duel in the DA right.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
I actually takes a bit of skill to get a bomb right in the place it needs to be. Plus if it is only a partial hit, you guys COULD have Vehicle Supps. That's all I'm saying.

Any 2 weeker can bomb a gv.. Its not hard at all

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 06:09:38 PM »

Why should we have to go to another arena when we can battle in the MA?? I've heard this before and still think its the the worst suggestion I've ever heard to solve this problem.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »
Planes attacking tanks is the new vulching/milk running/wussie-scoring move.

Last tour I finally gave Tank-ing a chance and found it very fun indeed. Tank vs Tank is pressure pact and full of strategery. Then along comes the planes and it all goes in the crapper. For all you out there in planes killing tanks, don't you have any shame at how easy it is to fly over a drop a bomb on a defenseless tank? Talk about ducks in a barrel.

Of course the usual disclaimers apply. I'm not talking about tanks trying to take a base, and I'm talking about tanks camping a spawn. Those deserve a good bombing. But to fly out to the open spaces where tanks are trying to stalk each other and fight it out and drop bombs on a defenseless enemy who has invested his time in having a tank battle, makes you a jerk. 

This tour I'm 1-11 in GVs after 4 tries at gv-ing and several hours invested. 9 of those deaths were from planes, where I had no chance in hell of defending myself. All of which involved me trying to fight against a single or multiple enemy tanks.

Most complaints center around when conditions create unfair competitive situations in the MA. Vulching, picking, ENY, hording, Grizz, etc...are examples of lopsided situations that create whining.

At the top of that list I'm placing Plane vs Tank. Since I'm not a fan of rules changes to fix everything I'm taking the shaming approach. If you're one of the folks who pads your score with riskless/skilless tank bombing, then you should know that I think you suck.* 

Vinkman

*[check Vinkman's stat sheet for a list of those that do indeed, suck]

LOL.  This makes bombing GV's all more fun.  However, note that I don't fly in the middle of nowhere to kill GV's, I go where I expected cons in the air too.  
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »
Up an Ostwind, M16 or a wirblewind and your bombing tears will end.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »
Ya'll know you can bomb things in the TA right?

As a gv'er and furballer, base taker and defender hehe. It's part of the game, so what can you do. Personally I don't fly out to a gv vs gv battle and start laying eggs but. I'd rather kill you on the ground. I think people who say divebombing takes skeel are cute. :banana:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:23:35 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins