Author Topic: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
Re: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »
Gawd I'm so tired of the GV guys whining. The get to "spawn" mircaculously an entire sector, or in some cases several sectors away
to a battlefield, whereas fighters and bombers have to invest the time flying there. They get to be miraculously repaired with the mere
picking up of "supplies' on a battlefield. They get to hide behind bushes which are capable of stopping a 88mm HV round.
  On the bright side, my personal belief is that a great number of 'em will wander off into the sunset when World Of Tanks
is released.
  But don't despair GV guys: I'm going to make a prediction that right about the same time as the Panther is released in here
that you're going to see an "only GVs" arena appear.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
As a gv, you're not provided an icon for enemy tanks, only for friendlies. Why can't airplanes have that same limitation?
It's easier to descipher a tank from another, it's harder to tell a difference from, spit5,8,9's same as 109's and jugs
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2010, 12:20:20 PM »
It's easier to descipher a tank from another, it's harder to tell a difference from, spit5,8,9's same as 109's and jugs
theres more to it than that bud. tanks used to have icons. it made the GV warfare to easy for both attacker and defender also. without enemy icons, it makes the defenders have the advantage they should have and sit and wait and shoot the enemy when THEY want to. it allows for tactics that you used to not be able to do. in the air, the icons are needed for a few reasons.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
Gawd I'm so tired of the GV guys whining. The get to "spawn" mircaculously an entire sector, or in some cases several sectors away
to a battlefield, whereas fighters and bombers have to invest the time flying there. They get to be miraculously repaired with the mere
picking up of "supplies' on a battlefield. They get to hide behind bushes which are capable of stopping a 88mm HV round.
  On the bright side, my personal belief is that a great number of 'em will wander off into the sunset when World Of Tanks
is released.
  But don't despair GV guys: I'm going to make a prediction that right about the same time as the Panther is released in here
that you're going to see an "only GVs" arena appear.

I've seen one guy travel from our friendly hanger spawn for gvs and he went one whole sector just to die 1st shot  :x poor fella some noob, never seen him after. i tried talking to him n typing to him but got no response.  :mad:
To get rid a this plane vs tank thingy ask TXMOM how to end it  :aok i tried killing her in her panzer with my b25h and...nvmd.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2010, 12:54:53 PM »
lol yeah I was pissing everyone off in TT lat night with a Hurri 2D Txmom had some nice things to say to me :lol
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »
just for posting this I hereby vow to only gv assault missions for the next week.
my apoolgies to all bish and knight gv'ers.

EZRhino

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »
well depending on the type of attack, how many Attackers,  if none of our GV's are spawned in i will up my 38 with bombs and bomb them back to there spawn untill friendly GV's spawn in, then ill stay in the air and provide air cover for Our GV's against incoming aircon's, stay in the air till i have to rearm, then get back up
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2010, 01:32:30 PM »
I suggest only showing icons for planes for moving GV's.

I like that idea.  :aok

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »
I do not need the icon to find a target. I see vehicles and I am going to kill them whether its a whirbl or someone's precious Tiger( :t). That is how is this guy likes to have his fun and what makes it even sweeter is the relentless whines( :cry) about vehicles being killed by a bomb..... boooooooo whoooooooooooooooo( :cry x 2)... up a damn 2 pick 2 and kill me. And by all means quote me on this!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:01:15 PM by TOMCAT21 »
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2010, 06:42:23 PM »
Tank vs AA vehicle.  No contest so don't do it.

Tank vs troop carrier.  No contest so don't do it.

AA vehicle vs early war fighter.  No contest so don't do it.

And so on and so on.

Those "rules" are not the nature of an MMO battlefield game.  Other players will affect your gameplay experience.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
I don't see any problem with leaving the guys having a genuine tank battle alone, and just bombing the GV's that pose some sort of threat to my team: taking a town, camping a spawn, whatever.

It's a bummer to spend all that time driving somewhere to have a good GV fight just to get bombed.  I suppose it's sort of like someone jumping in and "helping" you during a 1v1 without asking first.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind Vinkman!
<S>

:airplane: I take into consideration the friendly GVer driving a long way to kill a NME GV so will usually spot for friendly and not bomb UNLESS friendly gets killed then will drop on NME GV.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
I have been thinking this over a bit more, If you shoot in a GV , you should 'earn' your icon back for aeroplanes to look @ for x seconds in addition to moving target icon.

The reason is that smoke from shooting GV's are very easy to spot until smoke dissipates, and also prevents spawncamping to some extent.

For GV's smoke should be shown , if it does not already - look link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov9UdRHoaAc

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »
just for posting this I hereby vow to only gv assault missions for the next week.
my apoolgies to all bish and knight gv'ers.

EZRhino

Because you're motivated by pissing people off? Try engaging them in a fair contest of skill and wit instead. I think you'll find it more rewarding.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »
just get better at main gunning planes, I use the M4 for it's rapid fire and drive my tank partially on a hill so I can get my turret to face vertical. Main gun a plane from 2k away and they'll get the message soon enough :aok

that or up a whirble as cover for your friendlies, planes hate whirbles. I personally think I get 60 to 75% of my gv kills by knocking planes out of the sky, and I love it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:50:41 PM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »
I upped twice yesterday at a6 lasted about 2 seconds. So I brought an il2 cleaned up all the campers.went hone by the time I went home and upped again I got killed within 2 seconds.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.