Author Topic: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.  (Read 6904 times)

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Re: Plane vs tank. No contest so don't do it.
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »
Dropping bombs on tanks is what it is.  Yeah, I too get frustrated when I drive out to a good battle only to get bombed by the guys whose tank I just blew up (you know who you are).  But that is the game.   :salute

My biggest 'wish' for the air to ground combat is that ground cover/concealment actually worked a bit better.  The giant red icon flagging me for the enemy whether I am under a tree or not is the complaint that I have.  If I have found a strategic location from which to engage in a fight, while having concealment from the air, it would be nice to not be given away by a large red "M4 1.5k"

Again, bombs are part of the game.  Yes it is frustrating, but it is the game and it is part of what makes the game fun.  I just wish tanks/GVs (themselves) were more visible from the air, but the ICON not.

:rock
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2010, 05:33:17 PM »
Dropping bombs on tanks is what it is.  Yeah, I too get frustrated when I drive out to a good battle only to get bombed by the guys whose tank I just blew up (you know who you are).  But that is the game.   :salute

My biggest 'wish' for the air to ground combat is that ground cover/concealment actually worked a bit better.  The giant red icon flagging me for the enemy whether I am under a tree or not is the complaint that I have.  If I have found a strategic location from which to engage in a fight, while having concealment from the air, it would be nice to not be given away by a large red "M4 1.5k"

Again, bombs are part of the game.  Yes it is frustrating, but it is the game and it is part of what makes the game fun.  I just wish tanks/GVs (themselves) were more visible from the air, but the ICON not.

And there in lies a reasonable fix. +1

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2010, 07:46:25 PM »
Well, if HTC is paying attention to these threads, hopefully they will see an opportunity to increase overall customer satifaction by

1)  Figuring out a way to make a small portion of each map relatively AC-free for those who want to "furball" GVs, and
2)  Doing this without eliminating the legit opportunities for AC to attack tanks in conjunction with normal "win the war" activities on the remaining majority area of the map, and
3)  Not allowing themselves to be distracted by rabid opposition to the above idea, from people intolerant of other points of view.  BTW, before you accuse me of this latter crime, note item (2) above. 

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »
Well, if HTC is paying attention to these threads, hopefully they will see an opportunity to increase overall customer satifaction by

1)  Figuring out a way to make a small portion of each map relatively AC-free for those who want to "furball" GVs, and
2)  Doing this without eliminating the legit opportunities for AC to attack tanks in conjunction with normal "win the war" activities on the remaining majority area of the map, and
3)  Not allowing themselves to be distracted by rabid opposition to the above idea, from people intolerant of other points of view.  BTW, before you accuse me of this latter crime, note item (2) above. 

What's the map with the big mountians with the Tank Town in the middle surrounded by 25k mountians that no one ever tanks in?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »
What's the map with the big mountians with the Tank Town in the middle surrounded by 25k mountians that no one ever tanks in?

wrongway

Yea, that obstacle did not stop me in the heavy P-47.  Got to make it higher!
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »
Dropping bombs on tanks is what it is.  Yeah, I too get frustrated when I drive out to a good battle only to get bombed by the guys whose tank I just blew up (you know who you are).  But that is the game.   :salute

My biggest 'wish' for the air to ground combat is that ground cover/concealment actually worked a bit better.  The giant red icon flagging me for the enemy whether I am under a tree or not is the complaint that I have.  If I have found a strategic location from which to engage in a fight, while having concealment from the air, it would be nice to not be given away by a large red "M4 1.5k"

Again, bombs are part of the game.  Yes it is frustrating, but it is the game and it is part of what makes the game fun.  I just wish tanks/GVs (themselves) were more visible from the air, but the ICON not.

I like the idea on getting rid of the icon. Then the planes have to fly low and I may have a chance to pop them. I would leave the wirble icon visible from the air, because wirbles are a threat to planes, but planes would not see tank icons just to make it more difficult as you suggest.  :aok
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:51:55 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2010, 08:52:02 PM »
I like the idea on getting rid of the icon. Then the planes have to fly low and I may have a chance to pop them. I would leave the wirble icon visible from the air, because wirbles are a air threat, but planes would not see tank icons just to make it more difficult as you suggest.  :aok

Can they make it that you could only see the wirbles icons but the the rest of the GV's icon?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2010, 08:58:06 PM »
Can they make it that you could only see the wirbles icons but the the rest of the GV's icon?

Hey this is the martix, they can do what they want.  ;)
Who is John Galt?

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
I usually have the recipient of my bomb lined up before icon
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2010, 08:59:40 PM »
I feel your pain Vinkman....I have had sorties where no less than 50 bombs were dropped in vain trying to kill my Tiger.

I get this though because I usually have 50 kills and they dont want me to land.

And I can't say bombing gv's is wrong because I do it sometimes too...but it still really sucks when it happens to you.

Best solution is to remove icons from the air to give a gv a chance.

Refer to my avatar I created in the top left lol :D

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
I don't disagree with this as it is part of the game. Just don't start a whining thread because one of us tankers put an AP of HE round through your canopy or wing and start crying foul.   :eek: :salute

Just love the fools in the low flying B25 and IL2s.... More fun than shooting other GVs. :devil

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:24 PM »
Or my personal favorite...shooting HE rounds into the ground as they pass over low...blows off there bits and pieces

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2010, 09:23:47 PM »
See these two posts above, they get it. stop the whine and figure out a way to fight back.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »
Or my personal favorite...shooting HE rounds into the ground as they pass over low...blows off there bits and pieces

JOKER did that to me as I was bombing another bishie close to him.  I didn't complain, fair is fair.
I came back in a 38G and popped his Tiger.  He logged.  :D

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 12:53:21 AM »
A stationary tank in any but rough terrain is a very hard target to see.

Normally these tanks had  camo with local terrain features.

I suggest only showing icons for planes for moving GV's.

I've been told by attack pilots they even have problems seeing stationary tank on pavement due to shadows, dark pavement etc.

I served in a tank from early 80's to the late 90's.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera