Author Topic: Firefly  (Read 3257 times)

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
Firefly
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »
I believe it is time to review the perk price on the Firefly, after all we are only paying for a gun that almost never works correctly and when it does it's like shooting bb's at solid steel. As well as with the new "Panther Tank" coming the Firefly will be about the best candidate to fight the Panther (besides the Tiger or another Panther). I personally believe that the Firefly would be better off perked around 10-13.

Note: I asked around MA almost all of my country agreed.

:salute

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Firefly
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »
I believe it is time to review the perk price on the Firefly, after all we are only paying for a gun that almost never works correctly and when it does it's like shooting bb's at solid steel. As well as with the new "Panther Tank" coming the Firefly will be about the best candidate to fight the Panther (besides the Tiger or another Panther). I personally believe that the Firefly would be better off perked around 10-13.

Note: I asked around MA almost all of my country agreed.

:salute
10-13 it already is
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »
10-13 it already is

No it's not, you may not gv but I do and it is almost always sitting at 15-18 right now. I liked it better when the highest it ever got was around 11.  :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:40:01 PM »
You do know it moves up and down as the number of people flying moves up and down too right?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:40:15 PM »

No it's not, you may not gv but I do and it is almost always sitting at 15-18 right now. I liked it better when the highest it ever got was around 11.  :salute
Depends on numbers im a night latly and everything is cheap
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:22:04 PM »
I'd like the firefly at 10. good gun but not perfect. and on a sherman that dies like no tomorrow...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 11:12:06 PM »
You do know it moves up and down as the number of people flying moves up and down too right?

Yeah it is called ENY.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »
I have 5000 vehicle perks and know not what you speak. 

Only up Tigers.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline SDGhalo

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 12:06:38 AM »
im just curious with the 17 pdr, are you guys shooting it on the move? Because the firefly which was british didnot have gyros for the gun to be stable on the move unlike the american Sherman which had gyros in the turret.

if thats the reason why your saying the gun is not accurate.

but the perk price should be 10-13   1+

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
I have 5000 vehicle perks and know not what you speak.  

Only up Tigers.

What if I don't like Tigers, AGAIN the Panther is coming and the Firefly is a good choice to kill it.

And no I do not shoot on the move,shooting while moving is inaccurate and causes the angles to change making the gun Less/More effective.

Offline SDGhalo

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »
oh ok and just to also is anyone in the game actually using sherman platoon tactics in the game where its 3 sherman 75's and 1 firefly to a platoon. and is anyone making a skin for the firefly where the barrel is painted to look like 75mm sherman.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »
No, no, I mean I only up Tigers, rereading it it did sound confusing................  I earn back the perk points with the Wirble.   Point is, if you're a "tanker" only, you might have a problem, but if you just enjoy gv'ing (including AA) than the perk price shouldn't really be much of an issue.   :salute

What if I don't like Tigers, AGAIN the Panther is coming and the Firefly is a good choice to kill it.

And no I do not shoot on the move,shooting while moving is inaccurate and causes the angles to change making the gun Less/More effective.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »
No, no, I mean I only up Tigers, rereading it it did sound confusing................  I earn back the perk points with the Wirble.   Point is, if you're a "tanker" only, you might have a problem, but if you just enjoy gv'ing (including AA) than the perk price shouldn't really be much of an issue.   :salute

But is it really worth the price? I get what you are saying it makes perfect sense, just how many times do you actually see the ff now? I see it maybe once in a while in TT and that would be Me.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
Firefly was my main ride for about a year but I've honestly not upped at firefly since they increased the perks and made it easier to kill.. It's not worth the 15-20 perks it costs. i'd be real happy if it was returned back to the 5-8 it used to cost..
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 09:48:22 AM »
 I almost never use the Firefly after the perks went up. While it has a good gun that is about the end of it. It don't have the armor for a long range slugging match with a Tiger or the new Panther. I have been killed by a Panzer at long range for that matter. To me it is over perked for what you get. With the new Panther in the game your perks would be better spent on it.

The M-4/76 is a great tank at closer ranges. I can kill any tank in the game with it at the ranges most GV fights take place. I can even one shot kill the Panther from the front at short range.The M-4/76 has a speedy turret and loads very fast and the gun ain't bad. The best part is the 1 or 2 perks it cost. I would jump over the Firefly at 18 to 22 perks to use the M-4/76. You can lose 15 M-4/76s for the perk cost of one over priced Firefly.