Author Topic: urgent topic: map rotation  (Read 2749 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: urgent topic: map rotation
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 04:36:15 PM »
The furball-mafia doesn't want base capture, so I say let them suck on the same map for a couple of months.

If fact, I don't think you need base capture or strat at all!  It just gets in the way of the fight!  And we live for the fightz!

Just get rid of strat, ships, factories, base takeing and win-deh-warz and just arrange a couple of bases for each team in a kinda circle.  Uncaptureable bases.  Pure dogfighting heaven.

No map resets to work about.  No map rotations to worry about. I bet it would work.

:cool:,
Wab
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:53:00 PM by AKWabbit »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 05:31:20 PM »
The furball-mafia doesn't want base capture, so I say let them suck on the same map for a couple of months.

If fact, I don't think you need base capture or strat at all!  It just gets in the way of the fight!  And we live for the fightz!

Just get rid of strat, ships, factories, base takeing and win-deh-warz and just arrange a couple of bases for each team in a kinda circle.  Uncaptureable bases.  Pure dogfighting heaven.

No map resets to work about.  No map rotations to worry about. I bet it would work.

Wab

that would be furball lake in the DA would it not.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »

that would be furball lake in the DA would it not.

What about the WWI arena?  Would it work there?

:t,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »
HTC does seem to side with said Furball Mafia........  Over the last few years, less base taking happens, less resets, and also less people playing.  Perhaps furballers, and their bad attitudes, are going to be the downfall of this game we love so much.  Where's Lusche?  I bet he has stats on that and a timeline!!!

The furball-mafia doesn't want base capture....
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 06:48:47 PM »
Where's Lusche?  I bet he has stats on that and a timeline!!!

I have many stats and even some kind of timeline but...

People prefer to use their own made up numbers anyway: "We had 15,000(!) players per tour in 2004" ... "before the new arena setup, there were 400 players online at this time on a tuesday (4 am EST!)" ... and when the real numbers do not match theirs, they suddenly "do not care about numbers anway". And when the real timeline (easily to check by release notes) does not match their imagined one, I'm "full of it" and either a lame furballer or a lame milking landgrabber.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »
HTC does seem to side with said Furball Mafia........

You better listen to them or maybe you'll wake up some morning with your joystick, cable cut, lying on the the pillow next to you.

QUEUE SOUND!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aV9X2d-f5g&feature=related

(Sorry Lusche, I'm now officially hijacking your thread!)

:devil :rofl,
Wab

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 09:03:07 PM »

Wab

I know your being sarcastic, but I know that I would leave the game if they ever did this...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »
I know your being sarcastic, but I know that I would leave the game if they ever did this...

Good thing you're not a WWI fan then.   :rolleyes:

(I know, I know Lusche...  I'm gonna shut up now.  :D)

Wab

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »
I don't even have to read the OP to know this is a good idea because Lusche posted it.  +1.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2010, 11:29:03 PM »
That right there.... Is Flockin' awesome!!!   :cheers:

You better listen to them or maybe you'll wake up some morning with your joystick, cable cut, lying on the the pillow next to you.

QUEUE SOUND!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aV9X2d-f5g&feature=related

(Sorry Lusche, I'm now officially hijacking your thread!)

:devil :rofl,
Wab

And you may just be right.  I have heard of "special" happenings to the SAPPER's when they crossed The GrapeVine.........  :uhoh

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:31:59 PM by LLogann »
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 07:40:47 AM »

Wab

How about no rank and score either
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 07:52:53 AM »
If fact, I don't think you need base capture or strat at all!

HTC's wallet most likely states otherwise.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:09 AM »
HTC's wallet most likely states otherwise.

ToolShed'r.

Actually, you don't even need airfields!  Who wants to waste time taking off, and only ToolShed'rs worry about landing. 

Air Starts!!!! Right at the edge of the furballz.  No, bombers, or GVs.....Surround by a  circular 40k cliff so noone can run.  So no radar needed either, right!? :rock :rock

All furballz all the time.  24-7! Same furballz, Same map, who needs more than one.  Pack'em all in!  One map, 20 miles diameter.

And headbanger music.   :rock THe game should plays headbanger music the whole time your flyin. :rock

(You know, somewhere someone is reading this and thinking "Ohhh that would be soooo kewl!" )

:angel:,
Wab

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
It is the towns. You can see that statistically. The number of captures per played hours had been very stable for years. The moment the new towns were introduced this number radically changed. Which is no wonder, as it takes much more effort to kill more buildings (which also means the time frame for a successful capture is much smaller), it's more difficult to see if all are down, and of course it's much easier for a small number of defenders to hold a town.

The knowhow, respectively the attitude of the players doesn't change that drastically from one tour to the next one.

With the next release we will be making some adjustments for this. The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »
With the next release we will be making some adjustments for this. The new town release was never meant to be harder to capture.

HiTech

oh noez!  :eek:

After weeks of hearing & reading how HTC has bowed to us furballers and had completely messed up the war aspect of AH, it's now the furballer's turn to tell everybody how HTC has bowed to us landgrabbers and made the game easy-mode for us crybabies...

:lol

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman