Author Topic: New Town Capture....  (Read 4775 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: New Town Capture....
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »

Some just do not want any challenge.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
  Whoever came up with the "flag" idea should get a raise.

I think it may have been Falcon23. He was the first I saw posting it as a wish in the Wishlist Forum.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2010, 04:37:03 PM »
Ok so my previous post was a FAILED attempt to be different. Anyways, I like the whole idea but, 50% is way too low. With the current settings, the effort in taking down a town has been taken away. 70 to 80% should be a fair amount. At least that way you cant take a town down with a single A-20. Or one single pass in buffs.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2010, 05:33:25 PM »
 :aok

great job ht!   dont change a thing.

David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2010, 05:53:59 PM »
Agree. Wait 'til the "new" wears off to form an objective opinion.

but no one wanted to do that when they first changed the towns....... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »
I think it may have been Falcon23. He was the first I saw posting it as a wish in the Wishlist Forum.

well,I brought up using the flag as a way to determine town was down,by having it slowly go down the pole as buildings were destroyed..I am glad I at least maybe was the one who planted a seed about it being used..

ANd I do like the way it is now,and being a big base taker by hook or crook,I almost hate to say it,but I could see it going from 50% to 60-75% needed down before the flag changes..

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:15 PM »
Some just do not want any challenge.

Most but a few acknowledged the need for a minor change.  Most everyone in this thread acknowledge that 50% is too low.  And from the release notes, HTC acknowledges "The initial setting will be at 50% and we'll adjust it from there if needed."

I would hang on before releasing that full on pout for a little longer ...

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
I thought it was you. It is a good idea :aok

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2010, 09:59:25 PM »
You'd have to get it from sunbat

I mailed it back to you. I needed it to complete my undercover outfit for my foray into the cartoon gay bars to try to better understand the landgrabbers and what is so fascinating about killing defenseless buildings to win teh warz.  Nobody had a clue I was a womanizing furballer when I wore fashionable shoes, a g-string, and waved ur flag over my head as I drove up to the bars in my Brewster.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Stogie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:11 PM »
Town captures far too easy now.  However after seeing Nits at 47 today you may want to consider lowering it to 20% for Nits.
80th FS "Headhunters"Nose Art

S.A.P.P.-Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »
To add to the recapture, I'd like to see the ack stay down for 30 minutes from the minute of capture. This will force those that just capture the base to defend it for at least 30 minutes untill ack comes back up. It would slow the grab and move on to the next grab crowd generating more fights.

That is a great idea - stop fiddling around with rotating and altering percentages and place importance on both rolling onto the next base and, at the same time. defending the one you just captured. It also would suit the smaller maps so there would be a "front" instead of the fight just moving from one field to the next.

Bravo
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Animal14

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2010, 11:43:25 AM »
its too easy to take a base! its too hard!  lets give it a while before we endorse or evicserate it... ok i cant help it either...  yes it is much easier to have a base taken from you but it is just as easy to take one from the bad guys too.  this allows fewer numbers of people to take a base, thus allowing us the possibility of not seeing a horde everywhere where the only option is to up from a base that is under a red cloud or up from a field a long way away and live for a bit.  so the score mongers might be upset but his IS better for the game.  i think this new system will allow for more than just 3 fights on the entire map. so therefore we all just recieved new maps and an entire new game!  like the guy before me said we will actually have a "front" with more options.  this new system gives us what this game needed, DYNAMIC gameplay.  to all those who are trying to make the game what they want, just play it as is and enjoy!

animal

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »
yes it is much easier to have a base taken from you but it is just as easy to take one from the bad guys too.
animal

Wouldn't this point also hold true if bases weren't capturable at all? Just sayin.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
Make the percentage needed for capture variable based on ENY.

:bolt:
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »
Grizz,

I think that you get it so, this is only to address your comment to Animal.  All of your previous posts on this matter seem to be on point in my opinion.  There would be many that would argue over your last comment  :headscratch: ignoring his point that a "new" style of play involving more bases, and more localized fights has resulted from the current change in base capture difficulty. 
its too easy to take a base! its too hard!  lets give it a while before we endorse or evicserate it... ok i cant help it either...  yes it is much easier to have a base taken from you but it is just as easy to take one from the bad guys too.  this allows fewer numbers of people to take a base, thus allowing us the possibility of not seeing a horde everywhere where the only option is to up from a base that is under a red cloud or up from a field a long way away and live for a bit.  so the score mongers might be upset but his IS better for the game.  i think this new system will allow for more than just 3 fights on the entire map. so therefore we all just recieved new maps and an entire new game!  like the guy before me said we will actually have a "front" with more options.  this new system gives us what this game needed, DYNAMIC gameplay.  to all those who are trying to make the game what they want, just play it as is and enjoy!

animal

To paraphrase this, a small group of players is more likely to branch away from the horde and target a new base with the knowledge that they stand a chance of achieving some cartoon glory.  These small groups now prompt a higher level of defensive action than before because they now pose more of an actual threat

So just simply being as easy for one side as the other does not equate.  It is the side that is best suited to adjust and mobilize according to the changing intelligence about viable targets and vulnerable assets, that will achieve the most success.

HiTech has shown another sign of brilliance with setting the bar at a place where a proper comparison can be made.  HiTech, and maybe even Lusche, can look at a variety of data of before and after and make an informed decision on whether or not the change has moved the game towards a more enjoyable environment.  The 50% setting, could just be a benchmark, and maybe it's too low or maybe it's just about right.  Having said that, I believe if they had started with just giving us the flag without addressing the time and difficulty it takes to find and destroy every single object, you may have seen some improvement along the desired lines, but most of us would be smacking our foreheads and believing that HTC just didn't understand.

This might be one of those things like overclocking your graphics card.  You adjust and test, adjust and test, and at some point you reach a reasonable value that achieves your goals without breaking the device in the process.  Please don't break it HTC. I think the crowd is starting to warm up, and they aren't carrying pitchforks, and torches.

Although, this guy is still around.  :rofl  (Thanks Kvuo75 for this one.)