Author Topic: Tank Town GV bombing solution  (Read 9954 times)

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
Re: Tank Town GV bombing solution
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »
No changes needed. After all I need a way to kill the tiger that just killed me before landing my 9 kills.  :x :old:  :neener:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2010, 03:32:14 PM »
No changes needed. After all I need a way to kill the tiger that just killed me before landing my 9 kills.  :x :old:  :neener:
:lol

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »
So one, single B-25 ruinied a gv battle?  Really?   :cry
wrongway

It was a 2-person battle.  Plane kills off opponent and then hovers over spawn point; what do you think opponent will do?  (...)  Your post is not constructive; why do you bother??
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:43:22 PM by TDeacon »

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »
i would really like to know how GV's are going to break up there camped spawn?  are you going to get enough people to "spawn" in at the same time and hopefully one will get started and be able to move before the campers incoming rounds kill you?, maybe if it's just one person camping the spawn, but i always see multiple people all scattered around the spawn point waiting for people to spawn in or do you spawn in from the next closest spawn, most likely will be from a AF or VB which will be a long drive, and very few are going to take that much time to drive there on a chance they will kill the multiple Campers, up a jabo and problems solved and now the GV's can spawn in, your country GV's thanks you for it, the other country cries about it , it's just part of the game.

when you hear them coming or your spotted get the GV moving, Ive dodged lots of eggs and incoming cannon rounds, weave in and out of the trees use whatever cover or obstacles you have around you, (bridges,buildings,ect) your survival chances are way greater than just sitting there

We are talking only about TT here.  (Again, read the thread before you post).  That kind of spawn camping doesn't generally happen in TTs, or at least not in my experience.  For example, the TT on Ozkansas doesn't even have spawn points (...).  The Trinity TT has multiple spawn points per side, with multiple spawn positions for each point, so spawn camping doesn't work well.  Now on the remaining 95% of the map, you have a point, and use of AC to break up spawn camping may be justified. 

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2010, 07:49:38 PM »
Lambo31,

Well your overall presentation seems to boil down to a statement that GVers in TT should sacrifice their interests to yours.  To sweeten the deal, you make it clear that you could care less about others' desired styles of play.  Hey, convincing argument...

Anyway, it's good that you posted this, since it makes clear to the parties concerned that coercive measures are necessary.   

I know responding to this sort of mindless post is a waste of time, due to the motivations of the poster. 

:aok
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2010, 09:59:14 PM »
There must be either:

1.  A lack of general literacy.
2.  A lack of general respect for other players.
3.  Oh wait, it is indeed the BBs.

I really am having a hard time why people persist in posting that this will have consequences across the entire map.  I simple, low layer of clouds. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2010, 12:25:44 AM »
unles sthe clouds are on the deck and thick enough to stop any reconnaissance, My Hog D will still kill accurately.  :airplane:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2010, 08:40:29 AM »
unles sthe clouds are on the deck and thick enough to stop any reconnaissance, My Hog D will still kill accurately.  :airplane:

the only time I have seen fog like that was on the pizza map a few months back.  There was a layer of clouds over that was a thousand feet thick if they were and inch.  Made flying/fighting pretty interesting.  The main thing was my FPS went through the ceiling just processing white, but then when I emerged from the clouds, the dropped to next to nothing. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »
or just put v bases on top of like 40k mnts. Prob solved

RedTail

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »
or just put v bases on top of like 40k mnts. Prob solved

I agree; but someone would have to make the map. 

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »
Greebo,

In case you are still following this thread, I have a question for you.  Is it possible for a map maker to put a small airbase in TT configured to support only Spit 16 and no ordinance.  The point would be that if bombers do get in, all you have to do is up a local Spit 16 and shoot them down.  Nothing else could operate from the air base. 

Possible?

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2010, 10:05:03 AM »
Greebo,

In case you are still following this thread, I have a question for you.  Is it possible for a map maker to put a small airbase in TT configured to support only Spit 16 and no ordinance.  The point would be that if bombers do get in, all you have to do is up a local Spit 16 and shoot them down.  Nothing else could operate from the air base. 

Possible?

What if I don't wanna fly a spit 16?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »
Bombing TT and double spawns will always happen unfortunately. Even with the cloud layer or 40k base some newb will find a way. Not to mention some of the biggest bomb tards are also some of the biggest campers. You break there camp with a tank they bomb you and camp again. Those are the guys that don't care about the fight. They pay there 15 a month to get easy kills and then get there names in lights like it was a challenge to accomplish what they did.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2010, 12:02:33 PM »
Bombing TT and double spawns will always happen unfortunately. Even with the cloud layer or 40k base some newb will find a way. Not to mention some of the biggest bomb tards are also some of the biggest campers. You break there camp with a tank they bomb you and camp again. Those are the guys that don't care about the fight. They pay there 15 a month to get easy kills and then get there names in lights like it was a challenge to accomplish what they did.

Where's that American (you're from Georgia?) can-do spirit?  Seriously, and in any case, I don't think spawn camping is an issue with TT (and TT is all this thread is about).  It's just the AC in TT which are an issue, as they're currently just too capable relative to GVs.  

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »
It is quite easy for a terrain designer to restrict a field to certain plane types, the 163 is restricted to one field per side on all MA terrains for instance. However this is very unlikely to be permitted by HTC for an MA terrain. I know of no way of making ordnance permanently unavailable at a field short of building a custom airfield, which is not allowed for an MA terrain. They would not want airfields in my tank town crater as you'd have to have three to be fair and this would inevitably become a "fighter town", something they also have banned from MA terrain design. I was originally going to have three airfields in there until this edict was passed down.

A good rule of thumb in MA terrain design is; if it's possible and hasn't been done yet, it's not allowed.

BTW, to all those proposing 40k fields. The maximum terrain elevation you can have in any AH terrain is 32,767 feet. That's as high as the terrain editor will go. I can't see 32K fields being allowed for an MA terrain either.