Author Topic: Tank Town GV bombing solution  (Read 9955 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: Tank Town GV bombing solution
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2010, 01:14:40 PM »
or just put v bases on top of like 40k mnts. Prob solved

A tiger at that alt would not have the HP to move itself.... I dont think....
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2010, 01:37:15 PM »
Dirtdart, what's with those negative waves?

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2010, 02:15:17 AM »
It's called Oxygen, or lack of it. If you cain't breath up there, neither can yer Tank.  :old:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 09:32:14 AM »
With respect to performance under different atmospheric conditions, I doubt that AH models chemical reactions...  With aircraft, there is probably some sort of table containing numerical power ratings for different altitudes.  With GVs, they wouldn't even need to do that, although they may anyway just to allow for common code. 

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
With respect to performance under different atmospheric conditions, I doubt that AH models chemical reactions...  With aircraft, there is probably some sort of table containing numerical power ratings for different altitudes.  With GVs, they wouldn't even need to do that, although they may anyway just to allow for common code. 

Deacon, not being negative.  Just making some assumptions. Mainly, GVs are effected by altitude in all respects (range, HP).

I was in TT this AM trying to pick a fight, albeit unsuccessfully.  The only other thing I can think of aside from clouds is making on of the three central bases on all TTs uncapturable. 

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »

GVs are not influenced by altitude. Until the arena split four years ago, we had a 10k Tank Town on one of the maps. GV's did drive & climb hills just as on sea level. You can also load the TA map to check it, we do have 20k bases there.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
Interesting lusche.  I figured they were effected to keep the airplane guys from whining. 

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
Interesting lusche.  I figured they were effected to keep the airplane guys from whining. 

well now your going to hear it lol, if the planes are modeled to perform according to there Alt, same should be for Vehicles, you can't take any normal vehicle from sea level to 15,000ft and expect it to perform the same, that goes against all atmospheric theories from a mechanics viewpoint, anyone with any kind of mechanical abilities would know this, i rejet my snowmobiles depending on where im going and how high the average Alt will be for that area, too lean and you'll burn it down, to rich you foul plugs
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
Helpful. You have never complained when bombed, eh.... 

You know I think I am going to start a thread called the most worthless responses to a thread ever.  Or, better yet, the guys who know everything.  Perhaps, Sarcasm...the lowest form of wit. 

I seem to think that:

1. The airfields or at least one V-base on tank island should be uncapturable.  It sucks when guys get on at 2AM and sweep the island.

2.  There should be a part of the map of low strategic interest (like tank island) where people who want to GV should be able to fight without padding the scores of some self aggrandizing clown who wants to up their attack rating. 

--Crusader

Ohh I don;t know.  Probably one of the best responses to the don't kill my GV whines.  You guys have no problem spoiling our fun by camping the runways do you?  But drop a bomb from an attack aircraft  and its the end of the world  :rofl  How about you get some flaks to protect your GVs?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2010, 09:06:23 PM »
Ohh I don;t know.  Probably one of the best responses to the don't kill my GV whines.  You guys have no problem spoiling our fun by camping the runways do you?  But drop a bomb from an attack aircraft  and its the end of the world  :rofl  How about you get some flaks to protect your GVs?

Dedalos:  You seem to be missing the central point of the thread, which is basically TT-centric.  It's not the entire MA that we're concerned about here.  Therefore it is theoretically possible to get some additional security from AC in TT (maybe 5% of the MA), but to leave the remaining 95% of the MA alone. 

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2010, 01:24:20 PM »
Dedalos:  You seem to be missing the central point of the thread, which is basically TT-centric.  It's not the entire MA that we're concerned about here.  Therefore it is theoretically possible to get some additional security from AC in TT (maybe 5% of the MA), but to leave the remaining 95% of the MA alone. 

How do you know that?  As far as you know HT created TT so we may have GVs to bomb.  I am just going to throw the response we get from you guys.  Don't like it?  There are TT fields in the DA  :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: December 23, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »
There is no such thing as a Tank Town or Fighter Town in the MA's. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »
Bad attitude waystin2.  If that's the case than htc needs to remove gv's and the capture system.....
That way they can go out of business just like the other nonConforming games that might make you shed a tear.

And if there isn't a TT, there dam well should be.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2010, 04:31:09 PM »
Dedalos, and like-minded individuals:

Whether HTC in the past supported the concept of TT doesn't really matter.  (I honestly don’t know).  However it is clear that the existence of TT has been recognized by a significant portion of the community for many years.  Exactly what you are allowed (socially) to do in there is what’s at issue here.  

So moving forward, myself and some others are trying to get more protection for GVs in TT (only).  This particular thread started out with proposing a clouds solution, and the discussion broadened a bit to include vehicle base spacing solutions, etc.  Anything proposed by me would apply only to a limited area (such as TT or a separate GV arena), so that current anything-goes gameplay (which you appear to favor, and which even I favor when in certain moods) can continue on remaining 95% of the map.  

So given this TT-limited scope of the discussion, it is difficult to understand why anyone would object, unless:

(a)   they prefer the easy-mode, skill-less dweeb gameplay which attacking GVs with AC in TT currently is (and are unable to succeed in any other way) or
(b)   they are just trying to annoy other players, in compensation for the frustrations experienced in their offline lives, or
(c)   they misunderstand the TT-only scope of this thread, due to its (the thread’s) imperfect and wandering focus

Dedalos, in my previous comment, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, and assuming that (c) above applied to you.  So once you realized that we are only speaking about TT gameplay, you could presumably see that your concerns are baseless.  

Dedalos:  You seem to be missing the central point of the thread, which is basically TT-centric.  It's not the entire MA that we're concerned about here.  Therefore it is theoretically possible to get some additional security from AC in TT (maybe 5% of the MA), but to leave the remaining 95% of the MA alone.  

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2010, 04:37:29 PM »
There is no such thing as a Tank Town or Fighter Town in the MA's. :aok

It has nothing to do with "attitude". The point I think Waystin is trying to make here is this is the stand that HTC has taken in the past, there is no TT, there is no FT, there is just one big sandbox and so there are no special rules for any area of the map.

So no matter how much it pisses you off, bombing of GVs will be allowed and things will not be set up to hinder that other than general game mechanics such as taking out ordinance at near-by bases. The same holds true for FT's. If some Ahole wishes to fly in and take out the fighter hangers he can.