Author Topic: LWOH - uh?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: LWOH - uh?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 01:45:42 PM »
Ya MarineUS' you earned them. You and 35-40 of your closest friends. You earned nothing. Hording a base capture is like wiping all of your apponets checkers off the board with your hand and calling it a win.

Maybe HTC has decided "horde captures" don't count :p

So upping a Chewie mission is a horde? We had what, 14 planes up? So you are crying about a part of the game (Missions) that was put in to create teamwork? We brought bombers, C47's and fighters. A mixed group. We didn't flock over there with 30 fighters and play Cap the field until some DA realizes the field might be down long enough for a capture.

And HiTech, sir, There were several people that saw this happen. It would have to a bug in the system. I'll start taking screen shots at the end of each arena swap (If I happen to be on.), and run a comparison. I specifically remember "Aw, we just need an hour." followed by a "Don't worry, the night crew will clean them up." and then someone mentioned that their squad would be on full force that night to finish off the rooks.

As stated, I don't really care if the war is won, I just like to keep the things we took away. :D
Maybe all these cry babies griping about hordes will realize that teamwork isn't hording, yet screaming that over 200 is  :cry :cry :cry :cry

Go fish elsewhere.  :airplane: :)
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 02:18:26 PM »
Soooo today, the EST afternoon shift (Bishops) captured A9 about 3 minutes before the "5 minute until Arena Lock" message appeared. Now, before the lock, we owned 43% of the Knight's fields, tonight when the OH arena opened up we only had 20%.....someone explain this to me.... :joystick:

When you get the map change warning
 have you noticed that it also tells you that the other
arenas are already open? The battle is already going on
in the time adjusted areana before you get there if you
wait till the arena shuts down you are in.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »
Like I said - this was BEFORE that message appeared. It may have been shortly BEFORE it appeared but it WAS before. :)  :cheers:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
Well Sunbat, while you remove your foot from your mouth I'll explain. - was at 3 of the captures getting my bellybutton handed to me while I and 4 or 5 other tried to slow the horde down.

During these horde attacks friendlies were flying AWAY for the attacks. Why? Beccause itks not all that much fun to spend most of your afternoon getting ganged by a bunch of skilles dweebs. We all can't fly with the awesome skills of a Muppet.

Fugi, You know already you can bang your fists screaming and it wont do these lemmings any good. The horde giveth and the horde taketh. I find more joy when these snots get beat and the tables turned on them. I actually feed off the whines on 200 when these same guys that play that type of game get the tables turned on them, so be it at that. Soon theyll figure out how boring it is and change their ways, but arguing about it does no good.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 04:22:33 PM »
So upping a Chewie mission is a horde? We had what, 14 planes up? So you are crying about a part of the game (Missions) that was put in to create teamwork? We brought bombers, C47's and fighters. A mixed group. We didn't flock over there with 30 fighters and play Cap the field until some DA realizes the field might be down long enough for a capture.

And HiTech, sir, There were several people that saw this happen. It would have to a bug in the system. I'll start taking screen shots at the end of each arena swap (If I happen to be on.), and run a comparison. I specifically remember "Aw, we just need an hour." followed by a "Don't worry, the night crew will clean them up." and then someone mentioned that their squad would be on full force that night to finish off the rooks.

As stated, I don't really care if the war is won, I just like to keep the things we took away. :D
Maybe all these cry babies griping about hordes will realize that teamwork isn't hording, yet screaming that over 200 is  :cry :cry :cry :cry

Go fish elsewhere.  :airplane: :)

Your right, I must be getting old. I have a hard time remembering this crap, so lets use the screen shot from the film I took while your attack happened.

Lets see in the picture are some NIKs...how many, tough to tell with them over lapping and all, so I counted down the roster there were

29 NIKS
 1 109K4
 2 F4us
 2 F6Fs
 1 Seafire
 1 Lanc
 1 goon

Guess who the goon was?  :D

So you are right you didn't flock over in 30 fighters, 37 of them were fighters the other 2 (for a total of 39 for those who have trouble adding) were a goon and a buff.

Chewie could have spit his mission and half of it continue on to the V base 15 miles south of A9 where you guys were, but no that wouldn't have worked. The V base is up 4 k or so on a mountain and you guys came in NOE from A8 that"s right...no alt to get up to the V base.

It's missions like this with leaders that can't lead that will kill this game off. Yes I got a couple of kills, but I didn't have any fights. All I did was twist and turn avoiding the horde for as long as I could while sending a blast of fire at anything crossing my path. Wooo Hooo !!! such fun!

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »
fugi..all sides deal with this type of mission..ALL 3 sides...I think you are going a bit overboard when u say it is going to kill the game..

ALL the NEVATIVE WAVES... ;)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 04:37:45 PM »

Guess who the goon was?  :D

[/quote] I give up. Who was the goon?
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »
fugi..all sides deal with this type of mission..ALL 3 sides...I think you are going a bit overboard when u say it is going to kill the game..

ALL the NEVATIVE WAVES... ;)

I don't blame this on only the Bish, tho it's the team I see it the most from during the times I'm on, but you are right it is all 3 teams that do it. As for ruining the game, for us old timers that are in it for the fun and thrill of pretending we are WWII fighter pilots it is. It is changing the game slowly over to be just another run and shoot like WoW or COD. If that the way HTC wishes to go they are doing a great job.

I give up. Who was the goon?

MarineUS   :neener:

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »
Fugitive your penchant to complain is not surprising.

If you want 1v1s and gentlemanly duels
1.DA
2.WW1
3.AvA

Hordes are going to happen. You do not have to take part in defending against them or fly in them. The choice is yours as much as the choice for people to take "the path of least resistance" everyone talks so much about.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 05:03:15 PM »
I don't blame this on only the Bish, tho it's the team I see it the most from during the times I'm on, but you are right it is all 3 teams that do it. As for ruining the game, for us old timers that are in it for the fun and thrill of pretending we are WWII fighter pilots it is. It is changing the game slowly over to be just another run and shoot like WoW or COD. If that the way HTC wishes to go they are doing a great job.
What can "old timers" do about it?

With a few notable exceptions (for example, B6Pacman,  :salute) the WOW/COD generation is probably not reading this post.  Those that are (for example, B6Pacman,  :bolt:) they think they know everything already.

But seriously, when was that last time an old timer flew a sweep with some newbies?  I haven't since I was a newbie myself.  I still remember Rolex teaching me the basics of level bombing and greens giving me pointers in a gv.  I might just be nice to a newbie next time I am on.  Maybe I can teach a few bad habits that will take years to correct...
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 05:09:44 PM »
Hap use to do training missions all the time. Taught me how to bomb, fly in formation, and the dot commands.

I learned a bunch as a fresh noob from the horde NOE missions of old. New players will stay longer if they can fly with a group who want to accomplish the same goal no matter if there is 5 or 35 people in the group. Whole squads can be formed by people meeting in these missions. The vets who want to take this away are just being elitist. Fugitive is just the worst offender.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »
Where is SHAWK? I am used to seeing him right in the middle of all those red planes fighting till the end win or lose... :salute While at the same time talking major crap on 200... I say this with respect...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
Horde is just silly, utterly silly   :bolt:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »
I WAS THE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON  :D :D :D :D :D  :devil  :devil  :devil  :airplane:

HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2011, 08:43:08 PM »
Hap use to do training missions all the time. Taught me how to bomb, fly in formation, and the dot commands.

I learned a bunch as a fresh noob from the horde NOE missions of old. New players will stay longer if they can fly with a group who want to accomplish the same goal no matter if there is 5 or 35 people in the group. Whole squads can be formed by people meeting in these missions. The vets who want to take this away are just being elitist. Fugitive is just the worst offender.

And when did I ever say I wanted to take away missions and squads???? Your reading something I ain't typing!!

Squads are the best way to teach the new guys, and missions the second best way to teach them (1 on 1 training time being the best). Our squads ALWAYS had a few newbies in them. First off they were great for comic relief  :D , but more importantly you were helping to train up the next generation of players. I remember night in the TA having a bunch of guys follow me in 38's and practice divebombing from first 5k then to 10k, and 15k for the brave. Showing them the speed, timing, and tricks to avoid any compression. To hit their targets, as well as pulling out of the dive to be useful to the rest of the squad if even as just another target.

Mission were great for putting that practice to use under fire. I knew who I could count on to hit, and who would most likely miss. Why? because I worked with all of them. Todays squads spend more time just uppin a bunch of 110s and running NOE to each shore base they can reach. Very few take the time to "train" any more, why? Because everyone is too busy grabbing bases and shooting down as many planes as they can the quickest way they can.

Fugitive your penchant to complain is not surprising.

If you want 1v1s and gentlemanly duels
1.DA
2.WW1
3.AvA

Hordes are going to happen. You do not have to take part in defending against them or fly in them. The choice is yours as much as the choice for people to take "the path of least resistance" everyone talks so much about.

I don't want just 1 vs 1, gentlemanly duels. I don't have time to learn all the tricks to get get 110% out of a plane, so I don't spend much time in the DA. The last few times I did WWI it was just a twirling furbal with a few pickers. Again it gets old fast. And the AvA, we I have to give those guy credit for trying, but everytime I've been in there its the MA with less targets. I don't have time to fly 2 sectors just to get HOed by the only guy flying. It just gets old fast.

The MAs though have a wide range of activities. If I get tired of dieing to other fighters I can buff, or get my butt handed to me in any number of GVs. The bad news is is that I'm not a Muppet and I can't kill fast enough to thin out a horde enough to slow them down. If all we have is a horde to fight against, then that is what I'm stuck with. As the fights dry up, so will some of the subscriptions. A lot of people played this game to fight, even Hitch use to "fight" (I wonder why he doesn't fight any more?) It is becoming more a "quake" game everyday. Strategy plays such a small part in this game now a days. Everyone complains about the maps not resting.... because nobody can plan a mission with out 50 guys in it. People running from hordes because it's more fun to milk run bomber points on towns. People complaining about GVs getting bomb. Heaven forbid you can't land those "double digits" sets of kills. Most of those GVers have forgotten that 6-8 GVs grouped up and with a plan can take a base with ease....LTARs did it all the time, when was the last time you saw a group of GVs it a base....other than to set up a camp at the vehicle hanger?

Elitist, nawww, Doomsayer, maybe. Me I just call them as I see them. Sure some of you are having a blast camping that spawn, but what are you going to do if nobody is there to spawn any more? Why not just make it so you have to fly over the town after taking one building. Land grab would be easier and I'll bet ya'll could reset the map now and then, after all thats what ya'll want isn't?