Author Topic: LWOH - uh?  (Read 1859 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
LWOH - uh?
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:10:00 AM »
Soooo today, the EST afternoon shift (Bishops) captured A9 about 3 minutes before the "5 minute until Arena Lock" message appeared. Now, before the lock, we owned 43% of the Knight's fields, tonight when the OH arena opened up we only had 20%.....someone explain this to me.... :joystick:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
Re: LWOH - uh?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 01:17:11 AM »
five bases! hitech gave them back five bases!  :O :O :lol :lol :lol

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 01:52:33 AM »
He did the same thing not too long ago for Bish.  Glitch on a lot of these maps that allowed uncapturable bases to be captured.  Maybe he felt that a few of those bases would not have been captured if the uncapturables had not been capturable.  I'm just speculating here but I'd bet that's the case. 
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 05:47:15 AM »
The boredom IS reaching critical mass.........
See Rule #4

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 08:08:29 AM »
jay,bish was a diif deal no one had ANY uncapturables..and htc fixed it,I think this is a diff story..FWIW I dont think this Off hours map rotation is a good deal..Hope it goes back to the way it used to be..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
jay,bish was a diif deal no one had ANY uncapturables..and htc fixed it,I think this is a diff story..FWIW I dont think this Off hours map rotation is a good deal..Hope it goes back to the way it used to be..

ya so when the bish horde gets rolling it can win the map with out loosing it's momentum.

On the other hand, going by the picture (tho I'm not sure when that screen shot was taken) The bish did have more of the Rook bases A1,7,8,and 43 were Bish bases, not rook as shown in that picture.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
FWIW I dont think this Off hours map rotation is a good deal..

Why not?

Curious.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:56:34 AM »
Looks like we're going to have to silence D112. He is getting too close to the Skuzzy/rook conquest theory.

Im in hopes that no bish switch to rook and find our invisible power ups that are scattered on the map only seen by non bish players  :noid
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
Soooo today, the EST afternoon shift (Bishops) captured A9 about 3 minutes before the "5 minute until Arena Lock" message appeared. Now, before the lock, we owned 43% of the Knight's fields, tonight when the OH arena opened up we only had 20%.....someone explain this to me.... :joystick:

You're a Marine?  If my grandfather were alive he'd have some "words of encouragement" for you.  He was USMC 43-46.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »
You're a Marine?  If my grandfather were alive he'd have some "words of encouragement" for you.  He was USMC 43-46.

I'm sure it would be along the lines of "Quit being a whiney b***h and get the move on son! Move some damn mud and quit yer gripin' before I put on in your leg and THEN make you get to movin' so you REALLY have somethin' to gripe about!"
:)
Semper i to him  :salute

I'm thinking the did a small reset because the last time OH was beaten the arena closed itself.  :old:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »
Why not?

Curious.

wrongway

FOR 1 thing,AS the OP said,bases being put into the hands of the default team's who they were in the frist place..

Its not really base taking friendly anymore,really just a waste of time to take bases..

Some people get on at certain times during the day,start getting into the fight then the map is going to be reset as they are just getting into it..

The same maps since this OH has been going on..

map resets need to be set at 33% for other sides as it is in MW and EW if this system is going to be kept in place,or these maps will only change when someone at HTC feels like changing the maps out for us..

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »

Maybe HT realized that the point of game where most people log off is right when their country is suppressed to a couple of bases and pressed from both sides. Solution: make it so that bases don't run out :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »
idk....bish would have forced a take in OH had it not reset. We were rolling and rolling and the rooskies were ready for a change so they weren't fighting back very hard....We were trying to make it quick and painless. I stayed up till 2 AM to help finish it off only to find that the time I had put in prior in my day had been a complete waste. Maybe we will magically win though...idk

EDIT: They didn't do that when the bish had nothing but uncap's and they were about pointless because the rooks and nits kept the hangars shut down.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:02:23 PM by MarineUS »

HiTech

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »

Bish horde soooo much it was best to handicap them!   :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:17:32 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 03:06:56 PM »
Easy fix here, just CHANGE MAPS

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly