Author Topic: What's with sticking to one country about?  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: What's with sticking to one country about?
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2011, 02:22:08 PM »
and some other guys will switch in the middle of a furball to get advantage.  

Can you tell me the secret key for that? So far I have never been able to switch sides during a sortie...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
Can you tell me the secret key for that? So far I have never been able to switch sides during a sortie...

you just type

.spiezzzzz <chess piece>
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2011, 02:26:41 PM »

I know you guys are reading the statements, but do either of you comprehend WHAT you are reading? What I said was it's childish for a squad to make a rule that you can not switch sides. I that instance if your a bish and it's horde time and you don't feel like being the 10th guy in on a single bogie your suppose to log off in stead because heaven forbid you switch sides and have some fun.

Actually my reading comprehension is quite good.  As you stated " it's childish for a squad to make a rule that you can not switch sides", so since the rules of a squad is made by it members, it implies that the members of said squad that made the rule are childish.  I tend to use old Webster to define the words I write.  We know from a previous thread you seem to have your own definitions.

You write as if when one side is hording it is the only fight on the map.  I seem to be able to find actions all over the map when the various so called hording is taking place.

I could care less if someone switches sides or not.  It has no effect on me, but to say I am missing something because I do not regularly switch sides is ridiculous.  The people who do complain, either way, I just add to the whine list.

My Opinion

Fred

By the way Fug, how come when the Bishops are getting beaten down I never see you switch.? Maybe you do, but I play a lot and I don't ever recall seeing you fly Bishop.  Just curious ....
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
Cannot dispute your view completely but at the same time, helping the less populated country goes hand in hand with the perk bonus.  Is it wrong if you are selfless in your selfishness?

That's pretty much the only reason I get the itch to change sides, is when our perk bonus is down in the 0.8 range or lower.  I keep thinking of how much those red guys would be worth if I were on the other side...

So far I have never been able to switch sides during a sortie...

I heard it was Alt-F4, but I could be wrong.  :)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
Seriously, it's a game and anyone PAYING to play the game should be able to experience ALL of the game. All of the vehicles, planes, and people. By sticking to one side your just limiting yourself, much like if you only stick to one plane, or one mission type (NOE with 40 of your closest friends :rolleyes: ).

Hehe.  Fair enough.  When I start gv'ing and flying anything other than a hog then I'll try switching sides  :neener:

Seriously, I fly with the enemy enough in FSO and scenarios, etc.  For the MA I've been flying Bish so long it'd be weird fighting any of the other long-timers.  And I'd hate to be ack-dragged or ganged  by an old friend.  

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
I dont really care why people switch.  but making a statement that they switch to help the low side is bs, because it is untrue.

same as stating that not switching sides limits yourself.  I hardly switch sides and then only to find a furball if there's not any on the knight's side.  but as for finding friends, there's some guys I talk to that I have never flown with.  you dont have to switch to make friends, or keep them.

here's the secret.

and some other guys will switch in the middle of a furball to get advantage.  many guys that post blah blah help the low side blah blah to make more friends blah blah.. only switch to get advantage of the situation.  I have been killed many times by some guy that is fighting next to me, save his but he lands then switches and kills me.  and don't even mention the 262 guy that will switch in a heartbeat when he sees buffs upping.

switching to help the low side is all bs.

semp

you mistook furball for sortie

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »
you mistook furball for sortie

A furball is a local area where a sustained and unstructured dogfight between several panes is taking place, with new arriving pilots replacing the ones being shot down. If you are "in the middle of a furball", you ARE in a sortie. You can't be in tower and in the middle of a furball at the same time.  :neener:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2011, 03:07:27 PM »
I dont really care why people switch.  but making a statement that they switch to help the low side is bs, because it is untrue.

Except that it isn't untrue.  The BKs used to do it all the time.  Like I said, the door swings both ways here - people both leave to join the side with numbers, and people switch sides to fly for the side without numbers.  It's probably not an even split, but a blanket statement declaring it untrue fails the fact check when a half dozen people in this thread alone have told you they switch to the side with lower numbers.  In any event, nothing prevents people from switching sides for any reason, nor should it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »
Actually my reading comprehension is quite good.  As you stated " it's childish for a squad to make a rule that you can not switch sides", so since the rules of a squad is made by it members, it implies that the members of said squad that made the rule are childish.  I tend to use old Webster to define the words I write.  We know from a previous thread you seem to have your own definitions.

Technically, it's the creator of the squad that makes the rule so he would be the one I'm calling childish. Were as those who agree to such a rule when they join are only foolish, is that better?  :D

You write as if when one side is hording it is the only fight on the map.  I seem to be able to find actions all over the map when the various so called hording is taking place.

When a horde forms it very often is that way...a heavy lack of fights. The bish will horde the rooks, the rooks will horde the knights, and the knights will horde the bish. Seeing as there really isn't any fighting when it comes to hordes (you either one of ten chasing down one guy, or your the one guy dodging the ten) fights dry up quickly. Finding a small number of guys trying to take a base only results in them going some place else after they get shot down because they don't know how to fight and are only looking to sneak a base quick.

I could care less if someone switches sides or not.  It has no effect on me, but to say I am missing something because I do not regularly switch sides is ridiculous.  The people who do complain, either way, I just add to the whine list.

My Opinion

Fred

By the way Fug, how come when the Bishops are getting beaten down I never see you switch.? Maybe you do, but I play a lot and I don't ever recall seeing you fly Bishop.  Just curious ....

Real life has cut into my playing time. Saturday is the time I get to fly most often. 12-4 PM eastern is a lot of fun. More often than not a horde starts about 4, so until the change of arena comes it sucks. Then once the arena change happens things are good until 7-8 eastern and then game play falls off again as the numbers get up the hordes appear again.  Most often when the hordes appear, its the Bish that are doing it first. Maybe they have more squads that run missions than the other two teams so it happens there first I don't know. So I don't switch to Bishops very often. I do when a few of my old Mafia buddies are on just to wing with them.

Just curious Fred, when do you fly?

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
Ive flown all countries i personally prefer rooks my squad is rook but my guys can fly for other countries its not mandatory
as for me its just my choice simple
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »

Just curious Fred, when do you fly?

Pretty much all the time, but for quite a while I have been into GVing, but recently have started flying a bit more.  Seven days a week unless I am out riding the bike or traveling.  Some of my trips are two and three weeks long, so there are periods of time when I am not active, but I still get quite of few hours in even when I have been out of town a while.

I may be on at 4 AM, Noon, and/or evening.  Being retired is hell, so I try to make do by playing a lot.  :D  I am pretty much off by 9 PM, getting old and need my beauty sleep.  :lol

OH, by the way I still don't agree with your first two points, but I have had my say, so I will leave it at that, unless of course you want to continue.   :devil

Fred
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:36:08 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »
HiTech should replace the sheep with cats when he finally puts them back in the game. Big herds of cats 20 feet tall with tails straight up another 20 feet to fly into.

For years weve gone into the MA and treated the place like herding sheep. Then come in here and complain because the sheep turn out to be cats and don't respond to the sheep herding. In fact we repeat the same litany of percieved moral offences almost back to the beginning of this BBS.

1.  Bad Players HO as their only tactic.
2.  Bad players don't switch to the low number sides.
3.  Bad players are only interested in score.
4.  Bad players don't check 6.
5.  Bad players only pick and vulch.
6.  Bad players only Lancstuka then ditch.
7.  Bad players only sink CV's to kill fun furballs.
8.  Bad players only shut down fighter hangers to kill fun furballs.
9.  Bad players only fly in hoards to avoid 1v1 combat.
10. Bad players only fly in hoards to pick, vulch and pad their score.
11. Bad players only spawn camp with a tiger.
12. Bad players only bomb spawn campers.
13. Bad players don't turn fight my P38, A6m, spit, 109, 84, 61, camel etc...
14. Bad players run out 2 sectors in their 51 then come back to pick me.
15. Bad players switch sides to fly a 262 back through their own hoard.
16. Bad players run away instead of fighting my hoard by themselves.
17. Bad players run away to not get killed by better players.
18. Bad players join NOE hoards and take my feilds away from me.
19. Bad players take feilds in no descernable order and don't stay to fight.
20. Bad players don't want to play the game by the rules of Aces High conduct.

Yeppers, cat herding.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2011, 05:43:37 PM »

I understand the "country loyalty" thing. Years ago when I was CO of the Mafia, we were Bish, and Bish only. However we NEVER had any rules about not switching countries. Squads that do that are childish, and anyone who would join a squad that had such a rule and FOLLOWED it would be foolishly cutting out a large portion of players that potentially they could have fun flying with.

Good lord.... :rolleyes:

It's in our only 3 requirements to join...squaddies feel the same way and agree up front before even getting the invite...and it only applies to the Late War Arenas.  There are usually so few people on in the EW, AvA, MW, and WWI that it would be unfair to include those arenas in the rule.  These are grown adults who feel this way/play this way of their own freewill.

We flew with knights exclusively for years.  The squad voted overwhelmingly December 2009 to go rook---leaving 3 squaddies behind who refused to leave the knights.  We have flown for the rooks ever since.

Our squaddies see this as more of a respect thing.  If the squad voted to go someplace else semi-permanantly then that's where we go.  The squad is a democracy--not a dictatorship.  Rooks know the 77th is there for them and we know they are there for us.  Our choice.  Since we're base-takers the loyalty factor, at least to us, is all part of the game. 

Our $15 bucks.

ROX

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
and some other guys will switch in the middle of a furball to get advantage.  many guys that post blah blah help the low side blah blah to make more friends blah blah.. only switch to get advantage of the situation.  I have been killed many times by some guy that is fighting next to me, save his but he lands then switches and kills me.  and don't even mention the 262 guy that will switch in a heartbeat when he sees buffs upping.

switching to help the low side is all bs.

semp

TBH I think you are just paranoid.  You have blanket accused me of doing this numerous times and the only times it ever holds water is when I switch to fly rockets.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2011, 06:30:32 PM »
no griz I have only accused you when you switch to bring a 262 to an area you noticed we were upping buffs then switched.

when I mention switching in fighters it's got nothing to do with you.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.