Author Topic: Pick my ride for a week  (Read 4529 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pick my ride for a week
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2011, 10:40:53 AM »
Wasnt for me to pick. It was for you all to pick.
Kinda ruins the whole point of having you all pick my ride only for me to go and drive something else. LOL

Ok 202 it is. 1 week starting with the first day of the tour.

Has the new tour started yet?

BTW this excludes FSO for obvious reasons
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2011, 11:07:30 AM »
damn that 202, depending on how you fly in the mains, gonna be a bit of a hassle to kill anyone, before it takes to kill someone youll be surrounded by red.....Im sure I dont need to say it, but Aim for the pilot......best chance for a quick kill in that bird......its a cool thing though what your doing....you were in a film I was watching last week, I was engaged with a few nme and you flew by you yourself was red to me and you diddnt jump in, flew right past....a man of Honor, I SALUTE you.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:37 AM »
crud.. with the ice, snow, and stuff, I forgot to count them.  Sorry Dred. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2011, 11:58:19 AM »
C47
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »
youll be surrounded by red.. but Aim for the pilot......best chance for a quick kill in that bird......its a cool thing though what your doing....you were in a film I was watching last week, I was engaged with a few nme and you flew by you yourself was red to me and you diddnt jump in, flew right past....a man of Honor, I SALUTE you.

LMAO I almost always end up surrounded by red anyway. So it will be situation normal and how many can I get to auger.

My monitor died the other day. So untill I can get a new one.Im now playing on my 32" high def which only fits in one place on my desk. and thats about 2 1/2 feet from my face. Things seem....life size to say the least. its actually too big for where I have to sit. But, Now I can actually aim for the pilot. Hell now I can practically aim for individual rivets. Before I was happy if I could aim for the plane, or the wing.

One really cool thing though. On this big screen. At low alt the trees and water look damn near real.

Several reasons why I probably didnt jump in.
There were probably too many after you to make it worth my while.

My base wasnt in danger. Too often I'll see 5-6+ guys chasing one low bird all over creation (and doing it wrong *) like a school of fish with 20 other planes coming in high. And by the time they get that one low bird. they are out of alt, Out of E and out of ammo. So sometimes if practical. Ill take charge of the situation and remove said plane so as to free up the lemmings following the one low plane for the 20 high ones coming in. If the base isnt in danger of attack. Most of the time I wont bother jumping in unless Im really bored. Or I know its someone specific that I want to kill

I might have been going after those 20 high cons to try and delay them and bring them to a more manageable alt till help arrives

I had other fish to fry and you were no immediate threat to me.

Orrrr I could have just been being honorable  <S>

* A word on the following the one low con like a school of fish. Too often I see everyone following that one low con as I said "like a school of fish" Meaning they follow him move for move. Unless your one of the 1 or two lead planes doing the chasing. This is not what you want to do.
What you should be doing is anticipating where that low con is going to go. You do this by taking into account where the school of fish is driving him, The terrain and direction of his base. Very frequently you can ascertain where this con is going to end up  and be there first.

Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »
If you achieve a .5k/d over the span of a week i will be impressed.

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »
i think you are going to have double ur usual rearms, or start rearming.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2011, 08:20:25 PM »
I'll be modest and give him the thought of being able to achive at least a 1.85 to 1 kill ratio maybe even 2.0+ to 1.....

I have faith in DRED  :pray  :aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:25 PM »
I'll be modest and give him the thought of being able to achive at least a 1.85 to 1 kill ratio maybe even 2.0+ to 1.....

I have faith in DRED  :pray  :aok

That would be impressive.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
190a8
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »
I remember Killnu doing  this in a 202. I looked it up and he had 68 kills to 10 deaths in it with kills ranging from spits to yaks to even a TBM and a B24. His hit percentage was 13.14 that tour so as long as you hit what you aim for you should be ok  :devil

Good Luck !

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2011, 10:15:07 PM »
I remember Killnu doing  this in a 202. I looked it up and he had 68 kills to 10 deaths in it with kills ranging from spits to yaks to even a TBM and a B24. His hit percentage was 13.14 that tour so as long as you hit what you aim for you should be ok  :devil

Good Luck !

I saw someone repeatedly landing 3 and 4 kills in a 202 in TT last week.

Granted, when I finally ran across him he had two 205s winging with him.  :aok

Bring a wing man or two.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2011, 01:09:11 AM »
First night up in it. I had something like 9 kills in 16 flights. Didnt do too bad considering that I've probobly flown the 202 more tonight then my entire time here combined.

The only problems I had if you can call it that. was the sea of red guys that all seemed to be attracted to me. and I probably had 4-5 kills stolen from me because of people insisting on clearing my 12:00.

Nice plane. Its only real weakness is its guns
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2011, 03:02:04 AM »
It is a nice plane....in fact, once I came her from AW it was one of the first I flew. I remember saying how much i liked it and everyone teasing me about my choice. In many ways they were right, but only because of the gun package.

Looking over my old record in 202's a few days ago it seems I had a few bomber kills. A couple lanc's and 24's with a b-17 thrown in. So it can take down bombers but no reason to go hunting for them.

Good luck and have fun

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2011, 03:06:18 AM »
Might as well try some of the others suggested this month. Give each of them a week

The Ki-61 is a very fun ride and a natural progression from the 202.

The Fm-2 is also very fun. Tough and a great turn fighter.