Author Topic: ar234 question  (Read 53370 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: ar234 question
« Reply #195 on: July 13, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
I guess I would be motivated if I had lost a Chog, F4U4, and a P51 to the ar234s guns.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: July 13, 2012, 03:28:09 PM »
Since it has been proven that none of the 234s actually saw combat with the rear guns mounted it is a feature that is pure fantasy. Its the exact same thing as taking any 'planned' luftwaffe weapon and adding it whether it was ever constructed or not.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #197 on: July 13, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »
Since it has been proven that none of the 234s actually saw combat with the rear guns mounted it is a feature that is pure fantasy...

Could you quote that proof for me, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
Could you prove a production Ar 234 flew with these guns? We only have some vague claims with some self-made graphics in a book but multiple other books denying this, even KG 76 books (unit flying Ar 234 in operational missions) state none ever flew with these guns.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
Could you prove a production Ar 234 flew with these guns? We only have some vague claims with some self-made graphics in a book but multiple other books denying this, even KG 76 books (unit flying Ar 234 in operational missions) state none ever flew with these guns.

I'm not claiming they had guns. I'm pointing out that nobody has proved that none of them had guns.

You should read up on Eric Brown.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Brown_(pilot)

His vague claims are good enough for me. So far we've only seen that most Arados did not have the guns mounted.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »

Denniss what are the KG 76 books please?

Offline Denniss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
Books devoted to the unit history of KG 76. There should be at least one not very old but can't find name/ISBN at the moment.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »
I'm not claiming they had guns. I'm pointing out that nobody has proved that none of them had guns.

You should read up on Eric Brown.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Brown_(pilot)

His vague claims are good enough for me. So far we've only seen that most Arados did not have the guns mounted.

Are vague claims of UFOs and little green men good enough for you?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »
Are vague claims of UFOs and little green men good enough for you?

Is it Neil Armstrong making the claims?

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2012, 06:38:28 PM »
I think it should be proven that they do exist.  It is impossible to prove 100% that they didn't exist.  Even so a single shred of verifiable evidence showing they flew with guns in combat would be good for inclusion.  It looks as if there is no shred.  I think the guns should be removed.  I believe that the evidence presented gives an answer so close to 100% they they never flew them in combat as for it to be silly to have them in game.

MFW people argue for them to be included.

Laughable.

$.02
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2012, 07:15:07 PM »
I think it should be proven that they do exist.  It is impossible to prove 100% that they didn't exist.  Even so a single shred of verifiable evidence showing they flew with guns in combat would be good for inclusion.  It looks as if there is no shred.  I think the guns should be removed.  I believe that the evidence presented gives an answer so close to 100% they they never flew them in combat as for it to be silly to have them in game.

MFW people argue for them to be included.

Laughable.

$.02

There are a several published sources stating some had guns, Lyric linked to many of them, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion for what it's worth.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:33 PM »
I haven't seen any sourced info they flew with guns, fitted maybe but nothing proves they flew with rear guns.
JG 52

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #207 on: August 09, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »
I got a response from a reference services archivist at NASM today. She states that their Arado never had guns, which is not in dispute, and then she quotes Smith and Creek's book that Lyric has already quoted. I assume we'll continue to agreeably disagree.  ;)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: August 09, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »
I got a response from a reference services archivist at NASM today. She states that their Arado never had guns, which is not in dispute, and then she quotes Smith and Creek's book that Lyric has already quoted. I assume we'll continue to agreeably disagree.  ;)

Your letter only differs to mine then on one point. They said on mine that the AR 234 V21 was the only AR 234 a prototype to have rear guns. 
That of course was a C model.

If nothing else they are consistant with regards to rear guns.

Moving on I have a Japanese magazine on the AR 234 & of course I have no idea what any of it says. I do like this magazine though as they always seem to have something in it that no other publisher seems to have.

They have the drawings below on the forward facing gun pod for the night fighter version. It has some details on the fairings that surround the gun pod & the drawings give a better idea of the size & shape specifics that I have not seen before.
So if they do decide to turn the guns to the correct direction on the AR 234B :D for AHII maybe they can use the drawings below.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2012, 04:03:31 AM »
Its forward gun pod could tilt its guns at a slightly downward angle? 
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.