Author Topic: Jeeps with AC fuel  (Read 4102 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Jeeps with AC fuel
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »
Yep, a lot of arguments against it but it is adding an extra aspect to the game, really what could it hurt to have a fuel truck or even jeep/m3 fuel supplies driven out to the aircraft. It would give the GVers something to do other than get bombed by main gunning aircraft on the ground waiting for fuel.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 05:54:10 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:50:11 PM by Skuzzy »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 06:42:48 AM »
what if you planned to RTB and got jumped by the 10 20k cons that seem to be circling every fight?  what if by the time you were finally able to egress, your fuel was just shy of what u needed to land?  happens more than you think.   good idea +1
or what about a fuel tank that is hit never thought about that
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:53:39 AM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
If u can do it for GV's u should be able to do it for AC's. The gaminess argument holds no water when one can drive up to a tank on it's back, have a invisible man open a door, drop off a magical box and the tank is instantly upright.  End of discussion. Wrongway and Krusty can now return to the photos of the HTC attendants at the latest con for the completion of their nightly arousal.

Tankers actually get out of their tanks and fix them.  Pilots and their aircraft, not so much.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
Tankers actually get out of their tanks and fix them.  Pilots and their aircraft, not so much.

wrongway

So you're saying that the magical vehicle supplies that fix all things tank damage related in the click of a mouse are more realistic than a parked plane being refueled, because tankers get out of their tanks and pilots cannot?  Why can't the jeeper walk over to the aircraft and refuel it.  It isn't rocket science to refuel an airplane..

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »
So you're saying that the magical vehicle supplies that fix all things tank damage related in the click of a mouse are more realistic than a parked plane being refueled, because tankers get out of their tanks and pilots cannot?  Why can't the jeeper walk over to the aircraft and refuel it.  It isn't rocket science to refuel an airplane..

Yes.  That's what I'm saying.

GV supplies represent a tank crew repairing their damaged vehicle, often under fire but not always.  It happened.

Pilots who run out of fuel and managed to safely land walked home.  Their life doesn't depend on flying back if they're down.  They don't care if their names are in lights or not.  They're thankful to be alive and walking.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
Yes.  That's what I'm saying.

GV supplies represent a tank crew repairing their damaged vehicle, often under fire but not always.  It happened.

Pilots who run out of fuel and managed to safely land walked home.  Their life doesn't depend on flying back if they're down.  They don't care if their names are in lights or not.  They're thankful to be alive and walking.

wrongway

Well put. There's all sorts of arguments people could make here on either side. What this ends up boiling down to is the kind of gameplay we want. To me, it's a superfluous addon. This is primarily a combat flight simulator, not "The Sims: Airplane Edition."

I respect the arguments made in favor of this... (but I respect the ones made against it more)  :neener:-------> -1

Dedstick

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2011, 02:34:27 PM »
Yes.  That's what I'm saying.

GV supplies represent a tank crew repairing their damaged vehicle, often under fire but not always.  It happened.

Pilots who run out of fuel and managed to safely land walked home.  Their life doesn't depend on flying back if they're down.  They don't care if their names are in lights or not.  They're thankful to be alive and walking.

wrongway

So a tank crew can fix a tread/turret/broken engine in the click of a button but a jeep crew cannot refuel a perfectly operable aircraft...

I am missing the logic entirely here wrongway.  Maybe you can explain it in a different way so it makes sense to stupid ol' me.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2011, 02:49:11 PM »
It will never make sense, read his name!
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »
I like the OP's idea, but feel a refueling truck would make more sense. :D Could you 'magine the explosion after strafing that son of a bish!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:58:48 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline DeadStik

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »
So a tank crew can fix a tread/turret/broken engine in the click of a button but a jeep crew cannot refuel a perfectly operable aircraft...

I am missing the logic entirely here wrongway.  Maybe you can explain it in a different way so it makes sense to stupid ol' me.

It's already been explained. In the war, crews would work on immobile tanks which were in the field of battle. For aircraft the pilot would walk away from the aircraft and not return to it. This wish is not something that was exercised, whereas the tank supplies did happen.
Dedstick

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
It's already been explained. In the war, crews would work on immobile tanks which were in the field of battle. For aircraft the pilot would walk away from the aircraft and not return to it. This wish is not something that was exercised, whereas the tank supplies did happen.

Well I've never heard of a p38 intentionally landing upside down before yet all the sapp guys do that...

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »
Well I've never heard of a p38 intentionally landing upside down before yet all the sapp guys do that...

Not so sure that is intentional though :)

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »
I'm also not so sure on the historical legitimacy of tank turrets shooting down aircraft... 

The point is, if something is physically possible to be achieved within the physics of the ww2 combat universe then there is no reason it should not be available to be used UNLESS it hinders gameplay or fun for others.  I have seen no evidence that this would cause anything but additional fun for those that wanted to use it, fun for those that get to attack the entire refueling operation, and an additional way for players to build teamwork and friendships <3.