Author Topic: <S> all those skilled pilots  (Read 4397 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: <S> all those skilled pilots
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
Sure it's been going on since they were introduced, but that doesn't make it right.

Vengeance in a game really?  I'm here for the fights. If the jet/pony/190/tempest dives out and runs away I'm not going to chase him. He gave up, I won that fight, time to look for the next one.

Of course I'm the guy that doesn't HO unless HOed upon, rarely vulches and so on. If there is not fight, why bother? 

Didn't HiTech say that another objective of the game was to piss-off the other guy?    :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 12:48:29 PM »
As far as HO's, there really is no other shot available on a jet, unless you are in a jet.  I would suggest that you assume you are being hunted at all times no matter what you are piloting.  Fly accordingly.   :aok
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 12:50:38 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
pFFFFFFFT <--- Uber interjection to emphasize my disdain.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a fight and even less to do with the way the "game is going".  Chasing wounded jets back to base and vulching them has been the way it has been ever since I've been around (since tour 50) and I'm sure it has been that way since they were introduced.  If I double smoked an evil jet that was buzzing around picking guys, you're damned right I'm going to follow him back to base and vulch him.  It has nothing to do with wanting a cheap kill, it has to do with revenge, justice, and more importantly, taking his perk points as retribution for his sins!  I cannot blame anyone that chases my jet back to base, I'd do the same thing.

You forgot the part where one or more of your squaddies intervenes on your run home  :aok  :rofl  :bhead
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 01:51:08 PM »
I'm here for the fights. If the jet/pony/190/tempest dives out and runs away I'm not going to chase him. He gave up, I won that fight, time to look for the next one.

Oh come on Fugi turn your blithering fingers off! You posted this like two weeks ago:

What's wrong with generalizing, if I listed specifics it would be a friggin book!

I don't see what so wrong here. I come into a COMBAT game expecting to have COMBAT. Instead I chase a con for 5 miles and say screw this turn around only to see the con come back. As I turn to re-engage him does he continue to come in? Nope he turns and or dives away....no COMBAT there.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »
Grizz, thats not the same. I agree with Fugi, i find it annoying and low when a spit16s following me and when i attempt to overshoot, he runs away. Thats cowardly. But of course i wont follow a diving tempest like a puppy in my g-6 couse i know i wont catch him.
AoM
City of ice

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 04:20:12 PM »
Oh come on Fugi turn your blithering fingers off! You posted this like two weeks ago:

Ya and 5 miles at 400 mph is what 50 seconds???  :huh  Ya I chase them allllllll over the stinking sky!   :rolleyes:

Stop being a nit pikkin old lady, you know what I mean. There is a pretty big difference between 5 miles and two sectors. Grow up.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 04:22:05 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 04:23:23 PM »
ok, i got it    gunna prepare to theese actions from the players, so its normal. One thing, everyone is whining about get hoed, picked, rammed, etc, but everyone is doing it.

You are drawing the wrong conclusion. The right conclusion isn't that everyone is a hypocrite and HOing, picking, and ramming are generally acceptable. The right conclusion that folks here have been trying to lead you to is that different rules apply when you're in a 262.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »
Ya and 5 miles at 400 mph is what 50 seconds???  :huh  Ya I chase them allllllll over the stinking sky!   :rolleyes:

Stop being a nit pikkin old lady, you know what I mean. There is a pretty big difference between 5 miles and two sectors. Grow up.

:lol
You over generalize and over embellish in every single post you make in regards to "the state of the game", "the size of the horde", "the mentality of the xbawkers", and "the lack of fight", in the game, that it's difficult to take you seriously most of the time.  I shall call that "Clash of the Over Generalizations".   :D

And here we sit bickering about "the state of play" in a toon game and then someone drops the "Grow Up" card.  Oh the irony wouldn't you say?   :lol
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:10:45 PM by grizz441 »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 07:59:30 PM »
 :old: me and 262's in the MA = someones getting my perks  :rofl  :rofl then you put me and waystin together in 262's its a comical disaster about to unfold  :rofl  :rofl   so you see me blazing in a 262 get ready for my perks  hahaha I don't care if i Die, its such a comical relief for me from the usual prop driven planes, Now put me in a 163 and I'm like Slim Pickens dropping outta the Sky... yeeeehawwwww  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl Games about Fun and the last two months Ive been having a Blast with my squad
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:03:02 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »
HOing, picking, and ramming are generally acceptable.
tipical v-errrr  devil   :devil
AoM
City of ice

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2011, 12:23:29 AM »
Fugi, I'm going to disagree.  You are out buzzing around in a 262 I've got no sympathy is someone shoots you in the face and chases you all the way home and blasts you on the runway.  Same would go for a Tempest, 163, F4U-4 or 1C.  You go wandering in a Perk bird the gloves come off.

You want a fair fight, then don't come to the fight in a ride that makes it unfair :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2011, 12:29:17 AM »
Guppy,
i normally fly the 109 g-6 in the main arenas. What about all the spit16s? Nikkis? La7s? All those planes can do EVERYTHING better than my g-6. So talking about being unfair...
AoM
City of ice

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2011, 12:49:26 AM »
Guppy,
i normally fly the 109 g-6 in the main arenas. What about all the spit16s? Nikkis? La7s? All those planes can do EVERYTHING better than my g-6. So talking about being unfair...

I fly the 38G.  Any of the birds you mentioned I have more then a chance against.  My choice to fly a less then uber bird.  You love the G6.  Good for you.  I'm guessing, like me, there is some sort of history connection for you when flying the G6.  Be the best damn G6 pilot out there.  If I see a 262 there isn't a thing I can do except hope he makes a mistake.  The 262 guys have all the cards and then some.

I see a Spit 16, LA7 or NiK I get fired up for the fight.

As soon as I start thinking about putting my 38G in the hanger for a 'better' bird, I figure I've lost the fight already.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2011, 05:27:21 AM »
I fly the 38G.  Any of the birds you mentioned I have more then a chance against.  My choice to fly a less then uber bird.  You love the G6.  Good for you.  I'm guessing, like me, there is some sort of history connection for you when flying the G6.  Be the best damn G6 pilot out there.  If I see a 262 there isn't a thing I can do except hope he makes a mistake.  The 262 guys have all the cards and then some.

I see a Spit 16, LA7 or NiK I get fired up for the fight.

As soon as I start thinking about putting my 38G in the hanger for a 'better' bird, I figure I've lost the fight already.

I would actually go so far as to say WAIT for the mistake. This happens more often than one thinks, as most guys do not have nearly the same amount of stick time in a Schwalbe as they do in other birds.

Words of wisdom
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2011, 05:38:20 AM »
Always fun seeing you in the skies Debrody.

I followed a jet 2 sectors after I got his oil so I'm not commenting on that.  :D I didn't vulch him, he crashed on landing. Beautiful! Saved me some ack damage.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter