Author Topic: <S> all those skilled pilots  (Read 4396 times)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: <S> all those skilled pilots
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:47 AM »
 :rofl This should get good
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2011, 03:15:13 PM »

Then right after you have the audacity to pop up on my vox, cursing at me and carrying on like child with a temper tantrum. So I muted you.

True class was shown this day. :rofl

Thanks for sharing that story HL. :aok
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:35:55 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline dev41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2011, 04:28:55 PM »
I guess that in the end some people like to play this game by a set of chivalric rules particularly when they apply to others and not themselves (hence it is fine to pick or jump another player, but the not okay to get personally vulched on runway). Others like to play as though it is a shhhhhhhh, wait for it....can it be......a war game. Personally I don't know where anyone gets the second idea. After all we fly around in WWII planes of our favorite country and generally bomb, shoot and destroy everything we come across, but oh, well. Apparently some people view this game as a noble exercise where two great white steeds contest in epic encounters where the rules of the marques de queensbury are rigidly followed.

Personally, I fight (badly), die (often) and expect no quarter to be given and will give none in return. I don't like to die (in fact I secretly want to be uber) but I accept it as part of my learning curve. If I get picked I should have better SA, if I get out turned I need to learn how not to be, if I get out scissored I need to learn how to win the scissors fight, on and on and on and on. I can accept most things in this game, but I get really tired of listening to the constant whining about how so and so got killed unfairly. Maybe it is just me, but I see no such thing as fair or not fair in this game. I try not to HO, but I have and will again, I hate being vulched, but I will not give you the field, I hate to lose, but I lose often. Above all however, I try to fight fairly and well and respect the other players, but where I lose respect is when they whine about how other people play this game.

Sorry about the rant! See you all tonight - you will probably be killing me, but if you do, I will not whine about it even if I get mad about dying (again).
Weta
Jagdgeschwader 77 HERZ-AS

Offline M1A1

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »
You got beat period. I mean really in the end it's a game and you lost that round. I don't know about the rest of the folks here but I play to win. I have never played a game with the intention of losing. Now that being said I lose ALOT. I get mad not at my opponent but at me. I do what ever is required to come out on top.
 You complain about getting hoed picked and vulched like it was cheating. Show me a rule book on this game where it sez these things are not allowed. It is a flight simulation of WWII aircraft simulating aircombat from that ERA. Do you think any of the REAL pilots would pass up a kill because it was not sporting? A common tactic was to follow 262s and wait till they started landing to kill them.
 As for being muted dude I'll say that you earned that one all yourself because I see the amount of gibberish you spew on 200 so I guess you got what you deserved. If you don't like dying then try another game like tetris or something otherwise all I can tell you  is the same thing I would tell my guys when we were in Iraq and that is to suck it up cupcake...

Offline dev41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2011, 05:34:45 PM »
M1A1 - Thanks for your service over there  :salute. I served in a Navy Seabee Unit (okay, okay I was a Storekeeper not a real Seabee,I know, but whatever :)), but never got stationed overseas. I know people are all over the map on the politics of it all, but I want you to know that I personally appreciate you guys and believe that you accomplished something worthwhile. I don't want to veer off into a political deal, but just wanted to say thanks.

As for the rest of your post, I fully agree!
Weta

Offline dev41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »
DeBrody - I got no problem with you and I don't do the PM thing. We all have our moments. I got killed by DazyCutr a week or so ago. He gets on 200 and tells me that I wouldn't have lasted a week flying the way I did(do). Well he is right, but I got mad and got into a protracted (lets call it a discussion) argument on 200. Maybe I took it wrong and maybe he was trying to offer help, but in the heat of the moment (most of us are competitors here) I took it as though he was trying to tell me that I fly like crap (he is right, I just didn't want to hear it at the time).

At any rate a lot of us (Zoney excepted (said with utmost respect since he brought me into JG77)) get our adrenalin going sometimes and our dander up and our feathers ruffled. My guess is that this happened to you. You thought you had made it safely and then lost your plane and your perks. Same sort of thing has probably happened to all of us. It stinks I know, but in the end we are all responsible for our own flying win or lose and my observation is that if you post your frustration on this board you will get flamed. Rightfully so in my opinion. While I understand the frustration, in the end posting about it on the board is basically whining. We've all had it done to us so Cowboy Up and get over it and get back into the fight!
Weta

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
Any more flame on me?
Come on, dont miss the party.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Debris

• Zinc Member
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
Any more flame on me?
Come on, dont miss the party.

Ummm... I don't like the way your... Hair is?. Yeah I have nothing.  :uhoh

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2011, 11:24:51 PM »
dont miss the party.
You're a poopiehead and make me sad. I hope you think of this message when you're curled up in your pj's wondering where it all went wrong.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
Debrody,

If you were a no skill no talent dweeb flying a P-39 that hadn't managed to threaten, much less kill anything, and you had managed to rtb, I'm sure nobody would have cared if you landed you're mission.  However, you have skills, and talent, and were flying the uber of uber rides.  Frankly, killing you is quite the trophy for the average stick, and killing you in a 262 is a prized trophy.  It's a compliment that they want your kill, their cartoon hate is a twisted display of respect you.  I <S> you, and given the chance I'd HO your 262 with my Tempest, and up another to chase your smoking arse home with hopes of vulching on landing.  And it's not out of a lack of respect for you, but quite the opposite.

They only "hate" you cuz you're good, now man up and enjoy it!!!!

:salute

vNucks

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Sirs,
i started this thread with irony, nothing else. Now i see how immature and childish i was/am. It was a big mistake and <insert an über facepalm here>. But its 2 months old, plz let it be alone. Plz end the flame. Yes, Bone, its time to laugh at me now.
I wouldnt do those actions what some of you did with me, but its time to grow up. Expect less and do more.
 :salute

AoM
City of ice