Author Topic: Are you a "timid" flyer?  (Read 8022 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: Are you a "timid" flyer?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
Timid? This afternoon I was in a 190D, a Niki dives on me. He's at high speeds so unable to roll-turn with the 190, he yo-yos, and after a few of these little dance moves he ends up 200m behind me. I pick up my speed on the deck, he empties his guns trying to kill me, ack ends up killing him. I then get a PM about me being a nancy or something. Well, did he want me to land in the corn field so he could vulch me or what? I was happy to fight a good defensive fight like that. He's smacking his head against the door jam for missing so many shots at 200m.

Does this make me timid? Or just decent Dora driver using proper defensive tactics? Whatever, I got the proxy kill, laughed at his PM and killed 5 more (with my guns this time) before I landed with 6 kills. What a good way to spend my lunch break!

Manliness 0, kills 6, lunchbreak...priceless!

Boo
 :banana:
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »
You just dont get it Mr Y....

Not all the pups fly this way.......and I still don't appreciate you thowing us under the bus AGAIN...  So, your opinion has been noted and, I might add, proven to be not much more than a frustration whine...please stop mentioning our squad cause you had one bad experience and feel compelled to lash out.   If you have a complaint with a specific pilot...take it up with him personally...men try to handle things this way.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »
You just dont get it Mr Y....

Not all the pups fly this way.......and I still don't appreciate you thowing us under the bus AGAIN...  So, your opinion has been noted and, I might add, proven to be not much more than a frustration whine...please stop mentioning our squad cause you had one bad experience and feel compelled to lash out.   If you have a complaint with a specific pilot...take it up with him personally...men try to handle things this way.

When I flew in the MW arena, he flew exactly like how he complains others do.  He even stated in the past that he will not fight anyone that he knows is better than he is unless he can engage the other person while they were busy fighting someone else.  His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
Hoss (aka Guns06) was a good example of timid yesterday. He dove on me with a HurriC, overshot, and ran. He ran to a fellow Spit8, so I killed it. He then ran to a P47 and I killed that too. Out of help to run to, he ran to the field and hid in the ack until I left.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »
Hoss (aka Guns06) was a good example of timid yesterday. He dove on me with a HurriC, overshot, and ran. He ran to a fellow Spit8, so I killed it. He then ran to a P47 and I killed that too. Out of help to run to, he ran to the field and hid in the ack until I left.

What the heck were you in that he got away, he was in a Hurri?

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 12:40:40 PM »

which Pee38 can't catch a Hurricane?    :headscratch:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »
I sometime decide against throwing away all my advantage to prove my manliness to the slobbering hordes of red guys. If that makes me timid then yep I sometimes fly timid. I sometimes like to fly with some sense of realism, tacitics and planned survivability. Other times I fly like a fool into certain oblivion. I think timid is an over used word now though, as others posted here. Timid to me is someone who does not even take off. Just rolling up into the blue battle field is enough manliness for me, if your intention is avoiding being killed, being called timid should not really make any difference anyhow. Unless you are being particularly lame and know it then just take the accusation as a sign of your enemy's frustration at fighting you.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:50 PM »
Ah..

When I flew in the MW arena, he flew exactly like how he complains others do.  He even stated in the past that he will not fight anyone that he knows is better than he is unless he can engage the other person while they were busy fighting someone else.  His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Nuff said.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 12:43:41 PM »
What the heck were you in that he got away, he was in a Hurri?

A Jeep.   :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 12:51:31 PM »
Hoss (aka Guns06)

aka Tripl5 aka tripp...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 12:52:30 PM »
Timid to me is BnZing in your Tempest, and the second you see a P-51B co-alt you turn tail and run 6 sectors dipping into all the base ack you can find until you get to your large base and circle in the ack to make a sh**y gear up landing...

Happened to me this weekend, very frustrating.  So frustrating in fact that I actually followed him for those 6 sectors... :bhead

Worst part is, I've seen him get "best fighter" fairly often.  So in one stroke that designation is now totally worthless to me.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »
which Pee38 can't catch a Hurricane?    :headscratch:

The P38 that was lower initially and I had to kill his friends as he dragged me to each one of them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:56:45 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 12:55:35 PM »
Bingo.  Exactly why I posted the Sick Puppies in MidWar thread.  MW is typcially not like this, not the extreme the SPs brought to us at least.  Back to LW they must go!
Question after checking stats it says you have not even flown mid war this month?

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
The P38 that was lower initially and I had to kill his friends as he dragged me to each one of them.

he was probably vox cussing them at the time also.    :D

OMG you can't kill a P38  you guys suck!! 
The Few ***
F.P.H