Author Topic: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.  (Read 9548 times)

Offline kculon

• Copper Member
      • http://fotgfilms.com
Re: Does LD's flying style make the game boring for the rest of us.
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
Obviously you have never encountered me and or engaged me in a fight Yarbles.
I offer every dweeb move to my opponents in my spit16. Mistake after mistake, death after death.
In fact most players run away from me right after the merge since they cannot believe how bad my opening move is.
And when I happen to get on a 6, rare as it may be, it takes 200 20mm for me to remove a small part of my opponents plane. Normally I just scratch the paint a little. Why the LD keeps me in the squad is a mystery......
So you call the ball Yarbles, anytime I'm online I'll show you my skills at flying right into your bullets, auguring at low alt, turning right when I should have turned left, etc.....  or will that be too boring too?
 ~kc

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »
....Why the LD keeps me in the squad is a mystery......

~kc

hahahaa Kc, you know why and thats it! But i learned you are much more dangerous in a 109g6  :aok

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »
Every squad has winged together and worked cons mercilessly, to throw stones at anyone is hypocritical.

That is one oddity with this game that I just can't wrap my head around.  Here's a game, with a couple hundred or more people in the arena at once, allegedly broken up into 3 sides.  The members of these 3 sides are (I would assume) theoretically supposed to work together to accomplish whatever goal they want to accomplish against the other two sides.

Yet there is a fairly sizable, quite vocal portion of the playerbase who call people down when they work together.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot?

LD's methods are sound.  I think it's the fact that to put up a defense against their style of play takes patience and teamwork is the reason why people don't want to do it.  Apparently, your enemies coming in above 3000 feet and working together degrades the quality of play...

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SQUAT!

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »

If we wanna gamble, we start a Challenge at the SDL! So if you think we are lame sticks and we are boring for the gameplay please ask yourself why we LD won the last year SDL season

Because your group of timid flyers ho every pass???????

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »

:eek:

Offline kculon

• Copper Member
      • http://fotgfilms.com

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »

Film of it didn't happen.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2011, 02:22:24 PM »
Film of it didn't happen.

lol longtimers knows it, you can't discuss HO pick gangbang action. best way to deal with such things is to laugh at it and having a good drink together at a con  :)

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Colt44

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »
Well, all I can say is that I have had no bad experiences against the LD squad.....  I know I have had lots of engagements against them, but I recall no gamemanship, name calling, chest thumping, or fingerpointing...in fact I can't recall anything remarkable about our engagements, just good fights.  In other words they are doing their work well.

How they fly is their busines, and imho should not be brought to the bbs.   I am impressed with the rules they have laid out for thier squad, and having never seen these rules violated by their members, I can only think of one word.  

Honorable.  :salute

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2011, 02:37:02 PM »
I understand Dhyran, I go into every fight expecting to be hoed, that way I'm never surprised. :cool:

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »
PIRATES <---- the only real best squadron  in AH

because:

'We' always obey / not obey all kinds of rules      :banana:

'We' play all kind of furball, loose deuce, buff, etc.    :airplane:

'We' can kick off all the members that not respect our rules !!?? and immediately reintegrating them with merit !!  :O

'We' are one, no-one and a lot  :O   :O   :O

Our way of play affects AH in a very simple but elegant way:

if  not in game the  HTC loose 14.90 $ and AH one of its best nickname after and 7153478 and  betty   :rofl

:neener:
mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2011, 04:25:59 PM »
Unfortunately 'We' must admit that 'We' have not the best avatar on BBS.

The best avatar is that of Ack-Ack - the one from attack from Mars  :rofl
mobilis in mobile

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »
Yarbles,

I have flown with and against LD, most enjoyable fights were in the Axis versus Allies arena.  I have a film that I just viewed last night where it was evident that they had been getting the better of me and my wingmen.  I was not so generous in my comments to them or my comments to my wingmen about our engaging them at superior altitude this time.  End of story, we still got crunched.

They are indisputably a tight squad.  I watched a film from SDL that shows just how tight. The Few also, impress me as a squad that knows how to cover each other well.  I think the key phrase here is that they cover each other well.

The part about them disengaging, is uncharacteristic of what I have observed during a battle.  I do believe that you have had a different experience, I am just not buying that this is their only style.  My squad will disengage for a number of reasons, PW'd member with large number of scalps, RTB, low fuel status RTB, AFK flight lead, etc......

At any rate, I would say that I find that some pilots are trained to do what you described, as a matter of survival.  I see it all the time in the MA.  I agree it is very frustrating when flying aircraft that have no chance or fuel to chase.  

The bottom line is that LD have earned my respect for applying tactics and getting successful results.  I think that we all could benefit from the core of what they do, rather than expect them to change the way they choose to disengage.

(Respectfully, I did not read the opinion thoroughly or read any other posts in this thread, so Yarbles, you are still one of the tops in my book also.)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
omg triple post :|
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:43:27 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »
broken BBS :<
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:44:14 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.