Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 23742 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »
I'm guessing he probably calls the U.S. home. This is equal parts sad and pathetic...

Well sir I'm referring to the in game's countires not RL....curious why this would have anything to do with the discussion at hand
and why calling the U.S. "home" which I do would be "sad and pathetic" If you would care to elaborate on that for me?

Myself I dint really care where some one comes from, we all play this game together.

Wabbit, I'm guessing you never played sports as a kid, but the best analogy I can give you is this. I hope you are familiar with the game of football, since that is the game I'm going to use to compare to this game. Most people that play football want to win. But almost EVERYONE that plays wants to play a fair game. I think if you took a college football team (or even a high school or Pop Warner team) and had them play a 12 game season against a bunch of crippled kids they wouldn't be having much fun. And I doubt they'd be too proud of their undefeated season. If you let them have 15 guys on the field and their opponents could only have 7, I think probably the same thing would happen.

But for some reason all that changes in online gaming, at least for the vast majority of people. I still don't really understand it, after roughly 15 years of playing online games, but it seems to me that about 90% of all people playing online games would leap at the chance to take the field against 7 crippled kids as long as they had at least 14 able bodied athletes helping them out. And they would lift that trophy high at the end of the season, and fill their young nephew's heads with tales of their glory on the gridiron.

I've never gotten anyone to explain it to me to my satisfaction. Could you explain to me why exactly you and folks like you have that attitude?

yall have some of the worst analogies for comparing things to this game, sounds like the game is taking this almost political correctness of the world around it the "oh everyone is equal and everyone can win". well sorry to dash your dreams Urchin but better get your wheelchair off the AF if I'm around might have to strafe you. This is a flight "combat simulator" someone is goin to "lose" Its not supposed to be fair on that note "fair" fora combat sim is relative. guess where goin to fly around now everyone shooting paintrounds and no ones dies. I'm gunna tell ya what though some of y'all have about the most skewed view of this game IMO. In the end sir you cant compare fighting with better odds in your favor to beating crippled kids on a football field, just plain and simple.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »
The sad part was you thinking that some chess piece "country" deserves any sort of loyalty at all.

As far as the football analogy goes it is perfectly valid. But sinceyou personally wouldn't find any satisfaction playing some crippled kids in football would it make it better for you if I changed it? No criplleson the field just 22 able bodied men. 17 on one team and 5 on the other. Surely you would find glory in leading your 16 teammates to victory in that game yes?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #392 on: March 03, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »
Gents you may be talking across each other. One side  is talking local superiority. No problem each side has the choice of where to fly. VS country number/superiority as Urchin is speaking of. Not fair or fun because they have no choice or method to change it.

HiTech

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2011, 08:29:40 PM »
....... VS country number/superiority as Urchin is speaking of. Not fair or fun because they have no choice or method to change it.

HiTech

:aok  Exactly.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2011, 08:47:16 PM »
Gents you may be talking across each other. One side  is talking local superiority. No problem each side has the choice of where to fly. VS country number/superiority as Urchin is speaking of. Not fair or fun because they have no choice or method to change it.

HiTech

Hmmmm.  Possibly. 

I reread his original post and couldn't find anything that pointed to meaning countrywide numerical imbalance.  I assume he was talking about the numerical disadvantage at the point of a horde attack (the topic of this thread).

If he was talking about a general country imbalance, then I have some sympathy with his point of view.  I almost always switch sides if I see there is a systemic imbalance.

If so, he very poorly communicated that.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2011, 09:43:06 PM »

im curious, what do u bomb? fighter hangers? bomber hangers?

towns, you get more points that way  :neener:

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »
 :aok
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:10 AM »
towns, you get more points that way  :neener:

But now you're taking blue and red flags away! And as a result you could be an accomplice in taking a whole BASE away! That's taking the ords, the radar, the fuel, and all the hangars all at once!  :eek:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:06:54 AM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #398 on: March 04, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »
:aok  Exactly.
I remember playing CoD online and they had as setting that would automatically change you to the side with the lowest numbers.  Always sucked to be sent to the German side.  No BAR  :cry
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #399 on: March 04, 2011, 10:50:41 AM »

Name one maneuver that might work as 10 guys are on you?

The Auger?
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #400 on: March 04, 2011, 11:03:53 AM »
The Auger?

The Not-get-in-that-position-in-the-first-place. When I get 10 guys behind me I accept that I'm going to die. I just try to waste as much of their ammo as I can before I go.

EDIT: That's if I'm not in a running plane and already at 300+mph with no altitude disadvantage and at the limit of their effective gun range. Disengage and wait for more favorable odds.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:06:15 AM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #401 on: March 04, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
If AH was truly anonymous there wouldn't be any reason not to change countries. In fact in the beginning I tried to stay on the smallest side just for that reason. The problem arises when you start to have friends online, join squads etc. Then it starts to suck to end up fighting a friend after a side switch.

I once ended up against my old squad 7 to 2 and I downed 3 of them before escaping. Needless to say some took it with a laugh, some got upset, some very upset.

To put it bluntly, it was not fun and made me regret switching sides. Same kind of problem is with arena caps, most often than not some member of the squad gets locked out from the arena the rest are already in and typically has to quit for the night. No point flying 30 person arena with all the friends just behind an invisible wall.

The problem of the game is that it includes social elements. Both social and anti-social.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
The Not-get-in-that-position-in-the-first-place. When I get 10 guys behind me I accept that I'm going to die. I just try to waste as much of their ammo as I can before I go.

EDIT: That's if I'm not in a running plane and already at 300+mph with no altitude disadvantage and at the limit of their effective gun range. Disengage and wait for more favorable odds.

Heh so your 'move' is to not go there and let the horde accomplish their target? Is that what you call fun?
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
MrRipley(H)

What's the difference between..

- a horde using organization & teamwork on  a strategic level creating an overwhelming local superiority to accomplish their goal, to the detriment of their outnumbered opponents
- and a squad having no scruple in using (historical) organisation & teamwork against a single, lower opponent (=4 diving on him, 2 circling overhead to prevent any escape)?

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »
Heh so your 'move' is to not go there and let the horde accomplish their target? Is that what you call fun?

The answer was to Fugi asking what to do if 10 planes are on you. By "on you" I assume he means on your six with equal E and shooting at you. I never said not to fight the horde, I said don't open yourself up to get ganged by the horde.

I have a blast fighting hordes, I also die a lot by them. But I accept every death as my fault and 100% fair.

Rebel - Inactive
vf-17.webuda.com