Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 24513 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #450 on: March 05, 2011, 10:50:21 AM »
Bull, I don't know where you fly in the MA, but I rarely, if ever, see any fights start on even terms.  

I could ask you the same thing because most often than not the sector bars are very close to even if not completely even. People move to counter the attacks if they have time to do it - horde effectively removes that possibility.

By the way referring to Hitechs view of 'denying' the horde, attrition would not deny anything except the next mass wave after another, that way defenders would have a fighting chance despite jilted numbers.

Anyway, hordes aren't luckily that common anymore and the changes that were made which stoped the game ending to vulchfest of two fields increased the fun level a lot.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:54:40 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #451 on: March 05, 2011, 11:27:02 AM »
By the way referring to Hitechs view of 'denying' the horde, attrition would not deny anything except the next mass wave after another, that way defenders would have a fighting chance despite jilted numbers.

I don't believe I have stated anything about my view of "The horde".

HiTech

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2011, 11:50:37 AM »
F I N A L L Y

:rofl
mobilis in mobile

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2011, 02:29:55 PM »

HiTech

Oh, I misunderstood your post "Are these post similar to denying people the horde?" then. I thought you in effect stated that hordes should not be denied any more than those other things.

In fact I'm not even sure personally if that would be a good thing in the end. It sucks on the receiving end but on the other hand stopping them might spoil some gameplay. Restrictions are never fun when you're trying to have fun - but on the other hand simulating the scarcity of resources would in fact be realistic. They didn't collect scrap metals during ww2 by accident :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #454 on: March 05, 2011, 03:26:54 PM »
1 possible way to beat them would be to up a hord of your own,try to get a hord of your fellow countrymen to up with u,every time an ene hord ups you get 1 up--bout only way it will end--our while they are hording a base go after their base.of course getting 50 rooks up at once in 1 place will be hard.since rooks are usally out numbered anyway.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #455 on: March 05, 2011, 05:24:50 PM »

HiTech

Is this a view you would be willing to share at this juncture?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #456 on: March 05, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »
Why not have a "mission generator" that only allows up to 8 players per mission, and would give bonus perks if the mission were completed, or at least lasted 15-30 minutes in duration (regardless of objective met or not).  The mission generator could be coaded to send players to less inhabited parts of enemy territory, thus achieving two things: 1) promoting play in quiet areas and 2) breaking down the over population on single stream fronts.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #457 on: March 05, 2011, 06:12:02 PM »
Why not have a "mission generator" that only allows up to 8 players per mission, and would give bonus perks if the mission were completed, or at least lasted 15-30 minutes in duration (regardless of objective met or not).  The mission generator could be coaded to send players to less inhabited parts of enemy territory, thus achieving two things: 1) promoting play in quiet areas and 2) breaking down the over population on single stream fronts.

That's a cool idea. Or maybe there's only a certain number of said bonus perks to go around for a mission, and the more that join the less there are to go around.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #458 on: March 05, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »
Why not have a "mission generator" that only allows up to 8 players per mission, and would give bonus perks if the mission were completed, or at least lasted 15-30 minutes in duration (regardless of objective met or not).  The mission generator could be coaded to send players to less inhabited parts of enemy territory, thus achieving two things: 1) promoting play in quiet areas and 2) breaking down the over population on single stream fronts.

It works until someone coordinates four of those missions at once, therefore
doing absolutely nothing to fix 'the hoard'.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #459 on: March 05, 2011, 07:52:48 PM »
I'm still fascinated by how many people would rather change the rules to favor them, than just learn how to win.

vWNTRGRN
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #460 on: March 05, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »
It works until someone coordinates four of those missions at once, therefore
doing absolutely nothing to fix 'the hoard'.
I would hope for a dynamic system mission generator.  Something "coaded" to react to the global situation.  Dont know if that sort of thing isHTs forte'...player would NOT define the mission.  Just accept what the system generated, rewarded by a perk payout.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:15:17 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #461 on: March 05, 2011, 08:16:27 PM »
I'm still fascinated by how many people would rather change the rules to favor them, than just learn how to win.

vWNTRGRN

I think you need to realize there are different types of "win" for various players.

base take = win
surviving a many vs 1 dog fight = win
good spawn camp = win
killing hq = win
resetting map = win
adrenaline pumping acm based 1v1 dogfight with multiple reversals = win
killing a horde's first goon = win
shooting planes with a 5" = win
dropping bombs on gv's = win
killing vulchers with an ostie = win
suiciding oneself on a radar or ords = win
great wingman tactics to take 2 vs many and kill them all = win

etc. etc.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:18:13 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #462 on: March 06, 2011, 09:11:48 AM »
 CSA General Nathan Bedford Forrest said, Get there First With The most. This is just sound military advise. Any offensive attack always has a build up of men supplies and equipment at a concentrated point to overwhelm the enemy. In short a horde. If you are out numbered start porking ords at all the near by bases of the hording enemy. This will slow or stop the attacks in that area.

I see people complain about the horde of Bishops or who ever is the hording side that day. However I don't see the ords being porked at the base that was just captured and the horde attacks the next base and takes it and so on. This is a simple game, No troops, No Ords, No base Capture. Here is another idea next time you see an alert at a base under attack Go Defend It. All side are the same when a base is attacked. You see the same five or six guys defending a base while the other 50 guys that are on are at 50 other bases doing 50 other things.

These are the same bunch that whine about the hordes taking all their bases from them. But if you say something about why they didn't help you get the same old tired reply "It Is My $14.95. Well that is true enough but if you are one of the guys off doing what ever when your base is overwhelmed by folks that are willing to work as a team ( Like The Real Military) don't whine about it.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #463 on: March 06, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
Bish just got assaulted by the entire Rook Air Force at 135 tonight. Should I start a new thread about it or will this one do?

If you look out your left window you'll see a cloud of Rook iron blowing the crap out of a Bish airfield. If you weren't such a picktard you'd actually be in icon distance and maybe even within draw distance of the dozens of more aircraft ib that are indicated on the rada- they just took out the radar. Those pesky gremlins.

I think you may have tuned into that show about :45 minutes into it.

The bish hoard piled on 139 (I think?--the rook base just to 135's due East) and piled on with two full darbars.  In a way not usually rook-like, rooks actually upped plenty of gvs to the town and the air guys put on a great defense.  I killed the last goon.  By the time the bish realized it was a failed take (and their efforts dwindling) rooks, not finding that base a "fight" any more and headed over to 135...about the time you took that screen shot.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #464 on: March 06, 2011, 04:37:16 PM »

This is a good example of how hording is exasperated since eny IMO is not stringent enough.  These "extra" 40 players had no affect from eny and were able to up with 51D's with ords and freely move about the map.

There is no give and take, it appears to promote unbalanced sides, if a side chooses to stick together and fight primarily one side "horde a side", thats all well and good, but it should also mean that it would leave their other side open for attack and thus would spread the fight out on both fronts since they would have to defend that now exposed side.  That does not happen since there is plenty to thwart any counter attack made by either side they are up against.

HiTech, this 40 player difference is a huge advantage in an of itself let alone the little impact eny really has, I request that eny be reviewed or adjusted and reconsidered to be more stringent in cases like this or eliminated altogether and having arena caps in place.  
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:53:37 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."