Author Topic: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE  (Read 18113 times)

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
Re: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 09:39:58 PM »

were not trying to fight. dwe are trying to take the base. me personaly i can care less about having a fight. when the goal is taking the base, then you focus on the base. we dont have to fight you. so we dont unless its neccesary.

Oh god, I so disagree. The best takes are the ones where we're not sure if we're going to win. I remember one time we took 5 Ponies and a pair of goons all by ourselves to an airfield out in the middle of nowhere, destroyed town and deacked everything. Goon hunters killed our troops, but we held the cap till Chewie brought a third of the Bish Air Force and the day was saved. Rolling through whole islands nonstop can actually be pretty dull, but eventually the enemy wakes up and it hits the fan.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »
The reason why you V guys get stick from people is that there fundamentally two different types of people who play this game.

1- People who love WWII aircraft and love AH for its attempts to create an honest recreation of the aircraft we like. These people tend to enjoy flying these aircraft and that means pushing their limits against other aircraft. Basically, the 'furballers'.

2. The 'war winners'. These are the guys who enjoy the 'war' aspect of the game. It seems that some guys enjoy the challenge of taking a base and others just like to win. Either way, it's a completely different way to play. There's nothing wrong with either style but the two styles do clash.

Those are in no way incompatible. My love for WW2 aircraft goes back before than the existence of home computers or video games, let alone AH. My rec room at home is filled with RC WW2 fighter models, pictures of WW2 planes, and books about WW2 aircraft. Even at work I have a repro WW2 RAF propaganda poster and a picture of a Spit hanging on the wall (one is a souvenir from Duxford and the other from the Imperial War Museum). I love AH more than any other game I've ever played (although AW was close) largely because of the subject matter.

But, it is a game based on WW2 aircraft, not a simulator, and I play it like a game. The game aspect is crucial because it gives you something to fight for. Much as I love the subject, as a game AH would get boring without ground targets to bomb and fields to capture.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »
Pointless.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:19:16 PM by usvi »
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2011, 11:10:03 PM »
I didn't mean to say that the two styles were mutually exclusive, but they do clash regularly.

I love a good base capture every now and then. I love to load up a Mossie with bombs and go and belt a field. But my preference is still with dog fighting.

I didn't mean to suggest that all the guys who love taking bases don't have the interest in the aircraft either.

I treat it more like a sim than a game. I know it's not super realistic, but there is effort made to make things as close to the historical accounts as possible.

Maybe that's one of the beauties of the game, that two different people can play it in a completely different way.

And I do agree that the war aspect is necessary... sometimes it just gets too much emphasis.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2011, 11:34:15 PM »
You people want to tell us whats wrong with our squad.

The only thing that's wrong with our squad is that there's so many disrespectful oaf's who want us to play their way.

It's like we're all Patton.  On the verge of greatness and taking over AH, but you are holding us back refusing to stuff it and leave us be.

No one in the Brigade is telling you not to furball, or berating you because you'd rather fly solo than in a mission.

Grow up and let it go already.
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »

The only thing that's wrong with our squad is that there's so many disrespectful oaf's who want us to play their way.

It's like we're all Patton.  On the verge of greatness and taking over AH, but you are holding us back refusing to stuff it and leave us be.

No one in the Brigade is telling you not to furball, or berating you because you'd rather fly solo than in a mission.

:rofl

Stop drinking and get over here, nitwit. I'm going to slap you silly.  :furious

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2011, 11:58:41 PM »
did Ten60 's gameid  in AH  use to be "vShrap"

where did that guy go?   :rofl he  :rofl was telling maddafinga in the DA one night, " You better warn him madda, who I am!"  :rofl

while he un invitedly dropped in on our private duel, even though madda asked him 5 to 6 times politely to go away , this vShrap character insisted on jumping in on me with madda and tried to shoot me down, after I dodged him 2 or 3 times, and I got hits on him....  he started running from me, then he started texting " I am out"

but then got internet toughguy after I shot him down......

what happened to him? did ya'll boot him? ........ that guy must of liked to drink also, for he was terribly drunk that night in the DA, I think someone said ( maybe not )......

why was he telling madda "you better warn him madda, of who I am?"

who is he???

:cheers:

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2011, 11:59:41 PM »

You have got to be kidding.  You are not at all like Patton.  More like the "Banana Splits".  :rolleyes:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 12:33:19 AM »

You have got to be kidding.  You are not at all like Patton.  More like the "Banana Splits".  :rolleyes:

And with that belly laugh I'm off to bed! :lol

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 03:49:23 AM »

We all have Patton blood and Rommel DNA. We are on a drug, it's called =v=. It's not available because if you try it, you will compress.

:banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:    :banana:

Oh yeah, and John Travolta is in our squad too, but don't tell anyone.

:bolt:

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2011, 07:44:59 AM »
Grizz and I flew with the v's last night at the end of the night. It was genuinely fun and they are great guys that are a lot of fun.  It's a fact of life that we all tend to classify people and make generalizations about them that are based on caricatured preconceived notions.  Once you get to know them on a personal level you find the value in the person. I would encourage everyone to expose themselves to individuals from the groups that they dislike and discover this amazing little fact of life. That doesn't just go for tooning either.

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2011, 10:12:19 AM »
Grizz and I flew with the v's last night at the end of the night. It was genuinely fun and they are great guys that are a lot of fun.  It's a fact of life that we all tend to classify people and make generalizations about them that are based on caricatured preconceived notions.  Once you get to know them on a personal level you find the value in the person. I would encourage everyone to expose themselves to individuals from the groups that they dislike and discover this amazing little fact of life. That doesn't just go for tooning either.

Again sportsmanship comes into play. As far as gameplay in here, yes Im sure they provide great targets and keep the MAs from getting stale. Ive flown with them and yes they are a great bunch of guys.

You HAVE to take the good with the bad here. AH general rule #1. The players have a choice on how they present themselves within the community. Seasoned vets have learned how to be humble and still have fun doing it. These are the guys that very well respected even when you get shot down by them. Then there are players who have such big egos, they refuse to believe that things dont always go their way. They are used to having such control and when things go out of control, they dont like it and they make others very well aware of it.

I have myriads of screenshots, films and can go through the history on the BBS of countless PMs, rampages and just flat out lameness that IMO, just show their sole objective is to greif other players. You play this game and of course you are going to get a negative reaction.
As far as I'm concerned, it doesnt bug me. AH is not my full time job and I dont get affected by how they play their game. Its 15$ coming out of their pocket, not mine. But please...let me laugh at them and others that get so caught up in the pixelated world, they forget they are adults.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »
The Muppets were blasting him to bits so bad the other day he decided to make it official and become a vTarget. :D ;) I kid.

Reaper, they don't avoid fights in my experience.  :headscratch:
Why would they? Watched those guys and their hangars-on take a Nit port last night, was like Germany running over Poland in 1939
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »
Why would they? Watched those guys and their hangars-on take a Nit port last night, was like Germany running over Poland in 1939

Aw, give yourselves more credit.

Rebel - Inactive
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2011, 10:42:37 AM »
The Muppets were blasting him to bits so bad the other day he decided to make it official and become a vTarget. :D ;) I kid.

Reaper, they don't avoid fights in my experience.  :headscratch:

Oh lol, just saw this post. See my other posts.  :rofl
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey