Author Topic: new boat ----> LCT(R)  (Read 5151 times)

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: new boat ----> LCT(R)
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 05:44:06 AM »
plus one
:P
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 07:17:47 AM »
ewww, sorry Mr. G........  The correct answer is.... The Cold Flow Test Stand.   :lol

:headscratch:  darn, i guess i lost on jeopardy  :lol

:salute
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
I think use of the word "salvo" would help clear up the launch math. Just my opinion though. Also could you imagine how long you could continuously rain death and destruction if this boat was introduced with the salvo and delay adjustment ability most bombers use in game? 
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2011, 12:56:29 PM »
I think use of the word "salvo" would help clear up the launch math. Just my opinion though. Also could you imagine how long you could continuously rain death and destruction if this boat was introduced with the salvo and delay adjustment ability most bombers use in game? 

Interesting, never thought of that.....

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
How would you guy think this would be aimed, because i don't want it to be like the pt. It needs some kind of "land mode"

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 07:44:40 PM »
+1000. Accuracy wasn't real great, but that just equates to a better spread of rockets over an area. Also imagine the damage this thing could do to an enemy CV. 1000 rockets = PLENTY of them for ranging the target before you cut loose.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 07:52:06 PM »
What do you think the time to reload after a 1000 rocket launch would be?  :P
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
IDK, maybe an hour or two if they're hauling.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »
What do you think the time to reload after a 1000 rocket launch would be?  :P

30 mins with big good crew but thats a rough estimate.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 08:04:50 PM »
30 mins with big good crew but thats a rough estimate.

take that back, big downfall, "Time for reloading varied from between 9 to 19 hours".

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
Looks like they just use simple steel frames to hold the rockets untill launch. Unless it takes a long time to attach the wire or whatever is used to actually launch them, it can't be THAT long.

did the math and a single person could reload this (at least get the rockets into the launchers) in 9 hours if it takes him about 30 seconds to put each rocket into the launch frame, assuming he doesn't have to carry the rockets out. I'd figure at least 10 people working to reload it.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 08:44:06 PM »
Looks like they just use simple steel frames to hold the rockets until launch. Unless it takes a long time to attach the wire or whatever is used to actually launch them, it can't be THAT long.

did the math and a single person could reload this (at least get the rockets into the launchers) in 9 hours if it takes him about 30 seconds to put each rocket into the launch frame, assuming he doesn't have to carry the rockets out. I'd figure at least 10 people working to reload it.

I suppose however i like many people are looking for simulation over game. My wish has a downfall and i have to accept it. People don't wanna wait 9 hours and 9 hours based on my research is the minimum time. 9-19 hours

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 09:14:18 PM »
oh well, we only get 1000 rockets instead of 5000, its still a hell of a lot of firepower.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2011, 09:16:13 PM »
oh well, we only get 1000 rockets instead of 5000, its still a hell of a lot of firepower.

true, and if you think about it, run it like an LVT and you can ressuply it

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »
Looks like they just use simple steel frames to hold the rockets untill launch. Unless it takes a long time to attach the wire or whatever is used to actually launch them, it can't be THAT long.

Crew might be much lighter, and I doubt you'll hit 30 seconds per rocket when you account for the need to move the rocket from storage to its launcher.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-